Lets welcome clubvikram

ben62670
ben62670 Posts: 15,969
edited April 2008 in The Clubhouse
A new Polkie posting away "contributing" in a thread every 5 minutes or so. I wonder whats for sale?
Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
Thanks
Ben
Post edited by ben62670 on

Comments

• F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    Dibs!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ben62670
    edited April 2008
    F1nut wrote: »
    Dibs!

I beat you to it:p and PMed him. Read his posts. He doesn't even read what he is posting in:rolleyes:
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    16 post and still going. It is the energizer poster.
    I'm not going to be able to sleep till I find out what is for sale!
    Thanks
    Ben
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,447
    edited April 2008
    LOL.....classic putz.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited April 2008
    Got 25 now.....drum roll for the coming for sale item......
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Gaara
    Gaara Posts: 2,415
    edited April 2008
    This morning he had a FS thread and now it is gone, it was his 26th post. Can't remember what it was, a big list of stuff, looked like the standard spam we get.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2008
    I think Club Polk ought to increase the minimum number of posts to 100 before you can post a sale. It should be a privilege to post stuff in the Flea Market for free, but the privilege should only extend to sincere members of this forum.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited April 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    I think Club Polk ought to increase the minimum number of posts to 100 before you can post a sale. It should be a privilege to post stuff in the Flea Market for free, but the privilege should only extend to sincere members of this forum.

Agreed.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited April 2008
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited April 2008
    Also looks like our new audio forum advertisement in the 2 ch forum made it to the dumpster! I agree with the 100 posts! Although some will still try to make 100 posts in record time to hock their crap in our FM.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    I think a combination of time as a member plus a post count would be the most effective thing. Anyone can make 'n' number of posts in an hour, but to stick around for two weeks or something just to spam your product would really weed out a lot of people.

2 weeks + 25 posts or something seems both reasonable and effective.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • John in MA
    John in MA Posts: 1,010
    edited April 2008
    I think 25 might be too low, but there are folks who have been members for years with less than 100. Some people just aren't the chatty type.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited April 2008
    Early B. wrote: »

Another yes vote....25 is too low.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2008
    If it's possible to do with this forum's software, 25 + 1 week would help.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited April 2008
    Agreed as well on the 100 post thing. A week or two as a member also should kill alot of post pumpers.
    No excuses!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited April 2008
    I think the 100 post thing is a good idea too. Maybe even 250.

You could put an opt-out option to be able to get ahead but it would include Strong Bad coming to your house for the next round of the Rochambeau Tournament and since he's the visiting team, he gets first kick! If you can beat Strong Bad at that then you can post whatever you want for sale!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited April 2008
    200 + 1 month.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited April 2008
    I would say 1 month & 100 posts.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • criverajr
    criverajr Posts: 1,675
    edited April 2008
    I agree 100 post minimum. I would need some strong references to buy or sell from him.

CRj
  • honda cber
    honda cber Posts: 267
    edited April 2008
    Find all posts by clubvikram
    Find all threads started by clubvikram

he will be a "polk master" in no time.

lol

a
    gear list:
    1 down, 4 up....
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited April 2008
    Upping the post count requirement only means that you will see more useless posts..........

The only requirement should be time, IMO.......I'd say at a minimum of a month or two.
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited April 2008
    I agree with the time aspect; it would cost people a lot more who just want to spam this audio paradise. Upping the posts wouldn't hurt either.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited April 2008
    Time should not be a factor. If people aren't posting regularly, they aren't actively participating. The only way you're gonna get comfortable with someone on the forum enough to buy or sell from them is if they post.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited April 2008
    Agreed as well. 25 is light.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ben62670
    edited April 2008
    One month, and 100 posts.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    One month, and 100 posts.

I would say that this is fair. Or, at least that they would have to buy something from me that I would grossly overcharge for.;)
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited April 2008
    Time is a way more reasonable requirement. If someone is looking to dump something, they're going to come onto the board and try it. If they jsut have to post 10, 25, 50, 200 posts to do so, they can easily do that. If, however, they have to COME BACK in two weeks, they're going to look elsewhere to peddle their crap. People like that aren't going to wait two weeks.

The post minimum isn't so you're comfortable with people your'e doing transactions with, it's just to prevent spamming. There's no arbitrary number that's going to make you comfortable with people, that's totally up to you.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • amulford
    amulford Posts: 5,020
    edited April 2008
    How 'bout we just run 'em off like we always do???
  • BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited April 2008
    amulford wrote: »
    How 'bout we just run 'em off like we always do???

+1! :D
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited April 2008
    No,dammit!!!!!! Let me make money off them,please!!!!:D:D