Options
2»

Comments

• mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,056
    edited December 2002
    Options
    FrankZ,
    Whatever dude.We attacked you because of your arrogant post.It sounded like whoever bleieved that break in was real was a ****.

I could care less what you think.And I feel the same about you know so Eff yeah.And your poor speaker placement.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Dan,

You and liv were out of line, once again.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Can I get a 'blah blah blah'?

Carry on montesque, lets get back on track. ;)

Cheers,
    Rooster
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Your speaker placement?????seating,that couch on the leftside......nice.............alot could be said about it.But it won't make me feel like a bigger man if I [picked on your theater or what you do for a living.So I won't.
    so Eff yeah.And your poor speaker placement.

:lol::lol::lol:

He can't seem to remember what he posted earlier or just can't make up his mind.

It's cool though cuz...........
    You're no longer relevant.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAn
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Options
    If ya'll believe in breaking in a speaker, just go ahead and hammer the speaker IN so you can BREAK it...lol
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    Options
    my two cents worth.. i'm not an installer, not an audiophile. i work mostly with broadcast video and audio. It's not home theater, it's professional stuff.

You know shoes need a break in period. so why not speakers? I admit, that two years ago when i got my RT800i's, they sounded good right out of the box.. maybe it was because I had really crappy speakers, and anything was an improvement. I did notice about 6 months after getting them.. i bi-wired them. That to me was when i noticed a difference in the openness of the soundstage. Bi-wiring is a whole different story... and we've gone around and around on that topic. I bi-wired my fronts and center.. i notice a small gain in sound.. other people may not.

I would think that new speakers like anything needs time to settle down. I would think that the components and materials over time would settle and find it's niche. Maybe the glue settles, maybe the wood expands...whatever. The same thing could be said for the drivers themselves. It's all possible.

Any of you that have SDA's and have had them when they came out new.. could probably teach us something here. Did you notice any difference over the years with those speakers? Certainly.. 15 - 20yrs later.. well made speakers still sound great.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,799
    edited December 2002
    Options
    db,

I bought my first SDA's in 1989 (i think) and I can no longer recall what they sounded like when new, but I can tell you that both the '89 SDA 2B's and the '92 SDA 2.3TL's still sound fantastic. I will say that I am one of those folks who believe in the break-in theory. I also believe my set up sounds better at night with the lights out. Maybe it's because I am more relaxed, but I swear it's true.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2002
    Options
    F1 i don't doubt you for a minute. i like to when i'm listening to music, just turn down the lights.. sometimes close my eyes and just seriously take in the music.. listening for instruments i've never heard before. Or i'll have something playing in the background while reading Sound and Vision. It's all good. Because we're all so busy.. i don't get to relax and listen to music very often it seems. Maybe once a week or every other weekend.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin: