PolkThug Posts: 7,532
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Who's your daddy? Just $29.99
Post edited by PolkThug on

Comments

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Great, so what is Maury going do for a show now?
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    edited March 2008
    I wonder how accurate this is? They still haven't perfected pregnancy tests.....

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • mightymouse
    mightymouse Posts: 254
    edited March 2008
    What kind of society are we created for ourselves? Where the father cannot even be sure of the paternity of his own children, and have to resort to the use genetic testing to determine his children' paternity.

Does anyone still take those marriage vows seriously anymore?

Our society and culture strongly promote promiscuity before marriage. And we actually seriously expect the promiscuity to stop once a couple gets a paper certificate?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    Maybe it's not our society but our genetics and nature that "promote" promiscuity. As animals our nature is to propagate the species, not necessarily to create nuclear families.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Cool! I want a nuclear family! Think they'll glow? I could probably keep the heat turned way down 'cause the radioactivity would mean that they generate their own heat! That would be cool! Imagine, say you got a Hot Pocket and you're jonesin' for a trip to the bathroom! You say "Hey son, c'mere and put this under yer arm for about 5 minutes and yell DING when 5 minutes is up!" In 5 minutes you got a Hot Pocket and you didn't have to use no electricity!

Now that's livin'!

Oh and I know a couple people that could benefit from one of those tests. Imma gonna forward the link!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    An animal cannot control his instinctual urges. While a man can use reason to control his impulses. This is the essential difference between a man and an animal.

It's so easy to fall back on the same old defense that man are nothing more than animals that have to cave in to his/her impulses.

Civilized, civilized indeed.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2008
    An animal cannot control his instinctual urges. While a man can use reason to control his impulses. This is the essential difference between a man and an animal.

Dude, you are treadin' in a massive gray area here. Watch it or this is gonna blow up into an ugly religion debate...I mean argument...I mean mud slinging contest!

AWWW! You edited it before I could finish my response!

Touche~!

• bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    While a man can use reason to control his impulses

Or give into them.

Which is smarter, ignoring and denying the things that give you joy or indulging them?
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    Our society and culture strongly promote promiscuity before marriage.

Oh really? I suppose you don't watch TV (esp. MTV) or listen to music at all. Our children are constantly inundated with the stuff. What can we expect?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • Jstas
    edited March 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Oh really? I suppose you don't watch TV (esp. MTV) or listen to music at all. Our children are constantly inundated with the stuff. What can we expect?

Well you do know that the Internet is for ****, right?

• Early B.
    edited March 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    As animals our nature is to propagate the species, not necessarily to create nuclear families.

Speak for yourself. If you believe you're an animal, you'll act like one. If you believe you're a child of the Creator, well...
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    Woof woof.
  • mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    That's just it, isn't it. Give in to your animal impulses. Then what separates a man from a beast?

Even though Western civilization has brought about wonderful advances in the technical fields, modern Western culture has not seriously addressed what it means to be human.

Indulge in your animal impulses at night. And the next morning dress up in your expensive business suit and be human. No one seems to be bothered by the essential hypocrisy of this duality of modern human existence.

Or give into them.

Which is smarter, ignoring and denying the things that give you joy or indulging them?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    Speak for yourself. If you believe you're an animal, you'll act like one. If you believe you're a child of the Creator, well...
    What if you don't believe in either?

There's no need to turn this into a religious debate thread.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Jstas
    edited March 2008
    Then what separates a man from a beast?

Opposable thumbs.

• mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    What can we expect.

That's just the thing is it. We pride ourselves as free thinking human beings. Yet in reality we are like lemmings falling off the cliff one by one, thinking what else can we do, what else is there to do.

• mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    This is not a religious debate.

This is a philosophical debate of what it means to be human. And what separates a man from an animal.

Face wrote: »

• Early B.
    edited March 2008
    :eek:
    Face wrote: »

I'm not. My comments are about your belief system and your self-image. "As a man thinketh, so is he."

And if you don't believe in either, you're still screwed. :eek:

• venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
    I guess I have to stop being a man-****.
  • mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    Opposable thumbs.

And I guess this does illustrate how Western civilization has reached the point where it is today.

Modern Western civilization has brought about incredible advances in the physical sciences. Whereas in the area of, addressing the question of what it means to be a human being, modern Western civilization has neglected to address this fundamental question.

It's like giving a child many advanced gadgets, and what do you expect that child to do with those gadgets?

Jstas wrote: »
    Opposable thumbs.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    Women are better liars than men, this product levels the playing field.
  • Jstas
    edited March 2008
    Opposable thumbs.

And I guess this does illustrate how Western civilization has reached the point where it is today.

Modern Western civilization has brought about incredible advances in the physical sciences. Whereas in the area of, addressing the question of what it means to be a human being, modern Western civilization has neglected to address this fundamental question.

It's like giving a child many advanced gadgets, and what do you expect that child to do with those gadgets?

Look, I really don't care to get into a discussion like this with someone so ready to pass judgement.

There is a reason I stay out of the religious and moral stuff. It's not because I can't hack it but rather because people like you have such an out-of-whack moral compass and a poor understanding of your religious ideals that you make such passive aggressive posts as that one there.

You asked what separates man from beast. Opposable thumbs is the only hardcore, scientific evidence besides genetics that makes Humans stand out. In the previous post that I quoted from you, you stated that man is the "self-proclaimed" king of the beasts before you deleted it. Since you want to go with "The Creator" arguments, go back and read your bible again. God gave man dominion over all beasts. We did not self-proclaim it, it was bestowed on us by divine intervention. if you want the scientific reason, it's because man has guns...the great equalizer.

Don't sit on your high horse and look down your nose at the rest of us. You have no idea who any of us are from the little exposure you have had on this forum. You have just over 50 posts here and you're already muddying up threads like this.

If you want an example of a human being, you are in good company because while we all act like jackasses sometimes, there are many fine examples of human beings hanging around this forum.

• mightymouse
    edited March 2008
    Okay mister Jstas. I must have tripped a wire there somewhere.

Just for your information, I am not a religious nut. In fact I think I have only gone to Sunday services 2 or 3 times in my entire life. And I don't believe Bible created Man.

The physical sciences can only carry man so far. At some point, man has to morally differentiate himself from the rest of the animals. And so far, our culture has failed miserably in that respect.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited March 2008
    What a crock of ****........
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Early B.
    edited March 2008
    The physical sciences can only carry man so far. At some point, man has to morally differentiate himself from the rest of the animals. And so far, our culture has failed miserably in that respect.

I guess these kinds of statements are what Jstas is eluding to. You see, culture doesn't make man any more than the jungle makes an animal. Additionally, man doesn't need to morally differentiate himself from animals because animals don't have morals.

• bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    Boy, I was just jokin' around. Some of you guys really take things too seriously.
  • Early B.
    edited March 2008
    Boy, I was just jokin' around. Some of you guys really take things too seriously.

Yeah, you're right. So what was the topic again? Oh, it was diverce rates getting worse. OK, back on topic.

I wonder how the historical marriage rates coincide with the divorce rates. Are fewer people getting married percentage-wise? Or are people getting divorced at a faster rate than they're getting married.

I'm too lazy to google this stuff.

• bobman1235
    edited March 2008
    With regards to divorce rates, I wonder how much has really changed. I think it's just that divorce is more societally acceptable nowadays, which has caused two things :
    1. People who, in the past, would have stayed married and been miserable for the rest of their lives, are now getting divorced
    2. People who probably wouldn't have gotten married quite as quickly are less hesitant because, while they won't admit it, they know they can just get divorced without breaking a sweat.

The first thing is good - I'd rather people be happy than married just to keep up appearances. The second, not so much.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    People called me an animal before.....mainly a pig. I always took it for a compliment....

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    You guys are funny.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~