Man Shooting Hole Through Wall Kills Wife

danger boy
danger boy Posts: 15,722
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
DEEPWATER, Mo. -- Officials were trying Tuesday to decide whether to file charges against a Missouri man who fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV system in the bedroom of their home.

Patsy Long, 34, of Deepwater, died after being shot in the chest with a .22-caliber handgun on Saturday. Her husband, Ronald Long, fired the shot from the inside of their home after several unsuccessful efforts to punch a hole through the exterior wall using other means.

Henry County sheriff's deputies said the woman was hit by the second of two shots fired by her husband.

Long was given CPR by neighbors and family until medics arrived, police said. She was transported by air ambulance, but was pronounced dead at the hospital just after 6 p.m.

"He was under the impression that everybody was inside the residence, that he knew where everybody was at,” said sheriff's department spokesman Maj. Robert Hills.

Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that would be up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," Hills said.

Henry County Coroner Scott Largent declined to release details about Patsy Long's death until the sheriff's department completes its investigation.

On Tuesday morning, Henry County Prosecuting Attorney Richard M. Shields said he has yet to receive the case from the sheriff's department.

Neighbor Mark Lassince said he believed it was a tragic accident.

"Bad things happen to good people,” Lassince said.

Patsy and Ronald Long were raising their two children in their rural home overlooking Truman Lake.

"I was in the shower, and the son came in and told me his mom had been shot, so we went up there to see if we could help,” Lassince said.

Patsy Long worked as a carhop at a Sonic restaurant in Warsaw, Mo.

“She was a good person, you know, took care of her family,” Lassince said.
PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
Post edited by danger boy on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    danger boy wrote: »
    ......fatally shot his wife while trying to install a satellite TV
    Damn, now I know that's not funny that she died but the phrase above sure struck me as funny. These two things usually do not coincide with each other.

RIP Patsy.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    He should be charged with negligent homicide, what a dope!
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Well, I guess that idea is out the window.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited March 2008
    You know you are redneck when....
    Here's You Sign.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    I think my X could use satellite:p

JK...
    We get along much better than when we were married.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited March 2008
    Nothing like doing a install with a loaded gun.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the wife. That sucks.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    Shooting a hole through a wall with a .22. Can't say I ever thought to try that before.

Imagine the damage he could have done if he had a real gun. He's "lucky" it didn't just bounce back at him.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited March 2008
    So did he finish installing the TV or what?
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited March 2008
    The gene pool would of been cleansed if it had been a brick wall and the bullet bounced back and killed him. Them MO boys can be a might scary at times.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited March 2008
    Sure hope the $29 installation fee he saved was worth it...
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    The guy is an idiot. The exit hole would have been sloppy. Some people should be slapped, and sterilized.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • nspindel
    nspindel Posts: 5,343
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    The guy is an idiot. The exit hole would have been sloppy...

Putty and paint make a carpenter what he ain't;)
    Good music, a good source, and good power can make SDA's sing. Tubes make them dance.
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    nspindel wrote: »
    Putty and paint make a carpenter what he ain't;)

I'll have to remember that one:D
    Thanks
    Ben
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    The guy is an idiot. The exit hole would have been sloppy. Some people should be slapped, and sterilized.

Wikipedia - Law_for_the_Prevention_of_Hereditarily_Diseased_Offspring
  • ben62670
    edited March 2008
    Thanks
    Ben
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    All I can picture is that scene in the 3 Stooges, where 1 of 'em is trying to drive a nail in a wall with the gun facing backwards, and scalps Moe!
    I still don't understand WTF the guy was doing with the gun? Was he trying to make a hole for the coax? Retarded!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    All I can picture is that scene in the 3 Stooges, where 1 of 'em is trying to drive a nail in a wall with the gun facing backwards, and scalps Moe!
    I still don't understand WTF the guy was doing with the gun? Was he trying to make a hole for the coax? Retarded!

I like your signature .. . that line is from "Disorder in the Court" one of my all time fav Stooges short.
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    obieone wrote: »

Yes, that's exactly what he was trying to do.. make a hole in the wall for the coax cable.

stupid, stupid, stupid.

I guess now she won't be riding his **** for watching so much TV :eek: :p

JK!

But I know you were all thinking it too.. just no one had the nuts to write it down. :)
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    The woman who died was actually his wife/sister.

A first cousin would have known to duck.
    Sal Palooza
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited March 2008
    Kill the ****.

Installing your own Sat is pointless. Direct tv and others don't charge that much and sometimes it's free. If you don't have the proper tools to drill a hole, you don't use a effing gun... this is why people who don't know how to Install should not do it. You can harm yourself and others. Now dudes wife is dead because of it.

I'm actually pissed off by reading this.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2008
    terrible read, I bet he's hurting on this one though.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2008
    Sherardp wrote: »
    terrible read, I bet he's hurting on this one though.
    No doubt about that.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    I though they were gonna say he was frustrated with the install, and shot his wife. What a redneck.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2008
    How stupid. Wouldn't you want a .32" hole for coax?
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D