Any Nissan/Infiniti fans here?

2»

Comments

• Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited March 2008
    True, my wifes Altima SE-R would be a much better ride if it was a RWD but it's good for what it is, a sporty family car.
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    4dsc has been around for a while, and the intent was never to have it literally be a 'sports car'.........

If you've ever spent time in a Maxima and laid the pedal down, you know that it's not too long until you go sideways if you aren't gripping that steering wheel......CVT is a necessity when you're trying to put close to 300hp in a front wheel drive car.

Are you talking sideways due to torque steer? Why is a CVT necessary for 300 hp in a FWD car? (I think the Maxima should be RWD anyway)
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2008
    Airplay355 wrote: »
    Since I'm a poor college student I only get to drool over the new Nissan Altima Coupe. I don't think I'd be able to afford a g35 even though i'd LOVE one.

Same here. If you don't mind me asking, which college do you go to?
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    I agree that it would be nice for the Maxima to be a RWD car......

Out of any car I've driven, the Maxima is by far the worst when it comes to torque steer. If the CVT smoothes things out and makes that less of a jolt, I'm all for it......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited March 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    I agree that it would be nice for the Maxima to be a RWD car......

Out of any car I've driven, the Maxima is by far the worst when it comes to torque steer. If the CVT smoothes things out and makes that less of a jolt, I'm all for it......

Got it.

I had a 1992 Chevrolet Lumina Z34. When it was originally designed, it was to have a 310 hp 3.4L V6. The engineers couldn't find a front wheel drive transmission at the time that could handle the power (within their requirements) so they detuned the engine to 215 hp, which at the time was still quite a bit of power for a FWD V6. The engine was sweet. The rest of the car was a POS.
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • xsmi
    xsmi Posts: 1,798
    edited March 2008
    On my 3rd Nissan '99 Maxima SE 145K. Other than the heated seats not working (I think it may be a fuse), it has been fairly trouble free. First was an '87 sentra that I gave to my nephew with 92K miles which he totaled exactly 90 days later, next was a 91 Stanza. I lost that one due to a mechanic who told me not to worry about the timing chain until it seized up in the motor with around 139k. My next car will be a Nissan I just don't know what yet.
    2-channelBelles 22A Pre, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen 2, Marantz SA8005, Pro-Ject RPM-10 Turntable, Pro-Ject Phono Box DS3B, Polk Audio Legend L800's, AudioQuest Cable throughout.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2008
    Looks like the new Maxima is a great deal. Will most likely be my dream car for a LONG time...
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2008
  • cruzer
    cruzer Posts: 84
    edited March 2008
    I love my frontier. It was the second Nissan truck my family owned. The first one made it over 150k miles before it was traded in on a new truck. In fact, I like my truck so much I converted the rest of my family to the Nissan SUVs. Mom has a Murano, Dad has a Titan, and Sis has a Xterra.

I'll be looking at the smaller cars for my next vehicle, though. :)