Fustrated with everything

mantis
mantis Posts: 17,185
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Whats up all,
Over the last year blu ray and HD DVD did there thing. Now Blu is King , it's time to get a new Preamp. I has been for a long time. Currently the only one avalible that does hold the "Processing in the Processor " is the Integra. I'm not intrested at all. Waiting for everyone to catch up is like waiting for a glass of water when your extremely thirsty.

Now 4ohm load speakers. I see a tone of them out there. polk has a few of them. Without using seperates, there is nothing on the market thats current that fully supports a 4 ohm load. The Pioneer Elite flagship Sc09tx I have learned it only supports a 4 ohm load for the front speakers and 6 to 16 ohms on the center and surround speakers with it's new badass Ice amps. I find it to be a crock of ****. 7 grand for a flagship receiver and you have to choose speakers thats only 4 ohms fronts and 6 to 16 ohms for center and surrounds. I want to get one and smash it. There is no reason to add external amps with this unit. I find it to be a waste of money not being able to support higher end speakers. Most higher end speakers are 4ohm load.

RTS inwalls from polk are 4ohms.

Just venting alittle as I had high expectations on this receiver. for 7 grand it looked killer and a dream unit. now that the internal amps are ****, I can't stand it.

This hobby is so fustrating at time. I wanna scream...

Dan
Dan
My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
Post edited by mantis on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    Mantis, I feel your frustration. That's part of the reason I got out of HT. However, isn't there an amp that will do what you want it to in the FM?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • MKZ
    MKZ Posts: 1,068
    edited March 2008
    Dan,

Don't hold it, let it out...S C R E A M !
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    And then take it outside like Trey and burn it.

Oh, provide a You-tube though. :p:D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    mantis wrote: »
    The Pioneer Elite flagship Sc09tx I have learned it only supports a 4 ohm load for the front speakers and 6 to 16 ohms on the center and surround speakers with it's new badass Ice amps. I find it to be a crock of ****. 7 grand for a flagship receiver and you have to choose speakers thats only 4 ohms fronts and 6 to 16 ohms for center and surrounds.
    Hummm,thats interesting I wonder which ICE modules they are using?I have read most of the data sheets for the separate stock ICE modules and they can drive 4ohm loads without difficulty.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • treitz3
    edited March 2008
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65599

Seriously Dan, the link above is the one I was referring too. Hope this helps as I haven't been into HT for a while.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited March 2008
    Paying 7 grand for a receiver is like tipping a hooker.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    Man! I looked into that on my old Yamaha HT receiver and sure as hell just as I remembered. I have a switch for 4ohm or 8ohm on the rear. I may just hang on to this puppy. Its done me a damn good job despite what can be said on the forums for Yamaha stuff. I also seem to remember eading where Yamaha is bringing back some nice class A & A/B gear. I'll probably never get any of that stuff. But now I'm thinking of maybe holding onto this HT receiver.

Good luck with your troubles bud. I guess you can always place your head in your hands and chant.."this is what this addiction is all about" over and over. I find after a little while I will come to the realization that I believe the chant and move on.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited March 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65599

Seriously Dan, the link above is the one I was referring too. Hope this helps as I haven't been into HT for a while.

Thanks bro but I already own a Rotel rmb1095 which is fine for 4 ohm load. Actually it's 330 watts by 5. And I can add a rb1080 for another 330 by 2 for 7.1. But thats not the problem, there are right now NO preamps that do what I want them to do. There are many receivers that do it but the internal amps suck my .................. you get the point.

The new Pioneer sc09tx looked like somthing I would be totally into for HT. With the new ICE amps I figured this is a home run until I downloaded the manual.

My fustration goes behond my own system. I install polk rts speakers into peoples home theaters and want a one box solution for them. I can easily get them a receiver and a external power amp, sell them all the nessary cables blahblaha baljaa] effing blah. With the discovery of HDMI , Blu Ray and 1080p , gear rack can be very clean and almost wire free. I totally dig the abilities. Everything goes to **** when you have 4 ohm load speakers. If using just polk rti or rti style inwall/ inceilings , everything is cool and I'm happy. But thats not the case in my theater and not the case in many coming down the road.

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh efffing ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited March 2008
    Patients buddy when your ready I will tell you what you need and that reciever is not it... I knew that.
    This time it's my turn to tell you what you want then you can again tell me what I want and so forth :D .

Dave
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    Patients buddy when your ready I will tell you what you need and that reciever is not it... I knew that.
    This time it's my turn to tell you what you want then you can again tell me what I want and so forth :D .

Dave

Why don't you two get a room?

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • dave shepard
    dave shepard Posts: 1,334
    edited March 2008
    Oops, that does read kinda bad.