Keep your pets safe and healthy - please!

etrigan
etrigan Posts: 160
edited May 2012 in The Clubhouse
Greetings all :D

Just a reminder.

Keep Your Pets Safe This Holiday Season (serious topic)
As the holidays approach, I just wanted to post a reminder to keep your furry companions safe and healthy.

There's a full article here.
And another one here

These tips are of course mostly year-round things, but this is always a good time of the year to think about them.

Here are just some of the things to be aware of (sorry, it got long - but it's important!):
- Decorations, ornaments, ribbons, and tinsel are notorious for causing stomach and intestinal problems in pets.
- Keep holiday decorations out of reach and holiday treats limited to extra hugs or nibbles of pet food.

- Automotive substances such as oil, gasoline and especially antifreeze, should be stored properly and safely away from curious pets since a teaspoon of antifreeze can be fatal to cats and dogs.

- Holiday plants, such as poinsettias, can cause nausea if pets eat them. Easter lilies are extremely toxic and should be kept in places inaccessible to pets.

- Pet-proof the area where cleaning agents are used or stored.

- Store rat or mouse poison, ant or roach traps or snail and slug bait in secure areas.

- Never give your animal any medications unless under the directions of a veterinarian.

- Never leave chocolates where your pet could get them.

- Onions, whether cooked, raw, powdered or dehydrated, can be harmful to your pet.

- Miscellaneous items that are highly toxic to animals, even in small amounts, include:
--pennies
--mothballs (one or two can be life-threatening in most species)
--potpourri oils
--fabric softener sheets
--automatic dish detergents
--batteries
--homemade play dough
--winter heat source agents like hand or foot warmers
--cigarettes
--coffee grounds
--alcoholic drinks.

- Before using any flea product on your pet or in your home, contact your veterinarian.

- When treating your lawn or garden with fertilizers, herbicides, or insecticides, at any time of the year, keep your animals away from the area until it has completely dried.

CHEERS ! jefff
Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
Post edited by etrigan on

Comments

• etrigan
    etrigan Posts: 160
    edited December 2002
    Art as expression-Not as market campaigns-Will still capture our imaginations.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,236
    edited May 2012
    bye bye di di

reported
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • cnh
    cnh Posts: 13,284
    edited May 2012
    A 2002 thread that is revived and appears just above Jstas's old thread about "Pet fleas"?

What is this, comedy relief week?

cnh
    Currently orbiting Bowie's Blackstar.!

Polk Lsi-7s, Def Tech 8" sub, HK 3490, HK HD 990 (CDP/DAC), AKG Q701s
    [sig. changed on a monthly basis as I rotate in and out of my stash]
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,236
    edited May 2012
    Diane bumped it just to include her spam. Just like every other post she has made. That's why I reported her.
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited May 2012
    And it is still here. :mad:
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,646
    Where can I buy knitting uniforms for cattle?
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,950
    edited July 2023
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Who let the dogs out?

udx35wdq5dq8.jpg

• bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,527
    i73z7xnx7ibb.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    Is that a "Hot Dog" or "headcheese"
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,636
    Thought I would peep in and see Bob Barker.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    xschop wrote: »
    Thought I would peep in and see Bob Barker.

On a side note Bob Barker will 100 in a few weeks/months IF he makes it. I had no idea he was approaching 100
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,197
    rd0qcz9304k8.png

So.,...here we have a spoiled rotten Maine Coon çat that has IBS, requiring a special diet consisting of freeze dried food from the Vet at $35 a week .
    Lying next to the cat (both are NOT dead BTW) is a rescue black lab who likes people but is afraid of the rain and HATES other dogs with a passion (or fury?)

Taking the picture is a fine women of excellent demeanor, high intelligence, and is pleasant to be around.
    .....except for 2 to 3 days a month in which case it's difficult to decide whom among the 3 is a bigger pain in the rear

(if I was my son,who has to deal with it, I'd tell him to choose the cat)

👍🤗
    Sal Palooza
  • cstmar01
    cstmar01 Posts: 4,424
    rd0qcz9304k8.png

So.,...here we have a spoiled rotten Maine Coon çat that has IBS, requiring a special diet consisting of freeze dried food from the Vet at $35 a week .
    Lying next to the cat (both are NOT dead BTW) is a rescue black lab who likes people but is afraid of the rain and HATES other dogs with a passion (or fury?)

Taking the picture is a fine women of excellent demeanor, high intelligence, and is pleasant to be around.
    .....except for 2 to 3 days a month in which case it's difficult to decide whom among the 3 is a bigger pain in the rear

(if I was my son,who has to deal with it, I'd tell him to choose the cat)

👍🤗

And here I thought I was the only one who had a dog afraid of rain. Last time it rained for a whole day we all, as a family, had to go out with him so he could finally do his duty. I was soaked and his baby sister decided that she wanted to try and escape her stroller so was hanging on for dear life from her cross bar while it was pouring out.

1i6c520bu73e.jpeg

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    9s8bztx23liv.jpeg
    Don’t freak,they’re just readers
    See my profile for list of gear.