I need everyone's opinion.

Options
2»

Comments

• jrausch
    jrausch Posts: 510
    edited December 2002
    Options
    My opinion was only based on how he responded to my e-mails. This was not a shot at teenagers and general assumption that all teenagers cause trouble. I told him of my suspicions and they were never resolved, he never made any attempt to give me anymore information about himself. He just kept pushing his demands. I have bought allot of things off e-bay and have never been dictated in this way to make my payment. I hope he was legitimate; I just couldn’t do it under the circumstances that were available to me.

The last name he gave was hispanic, these sound russian.
    1st e-mail:

"For both of us to be promptly and safely I would prefer to send me the money via Western Union because this is the fastest way to send money to the USA (If you are a first time user then you must go in person to a Western Union agent from where you can send the payment on my name and address or you can make it by phone). Because I will support the money transfer commission you will support the shipping costs. So you have to send me $1,980 ($2,075 + $40 - $135: product price + shipping and insurance - Western Union fee). When you will wire the money you will send only $1,980 and the rest of the $135 will cover the transfer fee."

2nd E-mail:

" I want to ensure you that you can trust me because I am a God fearing Christian. I believe I will kneel before God one day and be rewarded for all I have done or not done. This is why I try to treat people fairly and honestly. But due to the fact that I do not have time at all to waste with the payment (escrow would take too long), Western Union is the most convenient way that I can receive the money. Please understand that time is my biggest problem right now and I ask you kindly to be fast with the payment."

3rd E-mail:

"You know I told you that the reason I 'm selling the unit is because I'm forced to make a payment myself. I've already made all the arrangements for that matter counting on the fact that you would send me the money today. Now I look illegitimate in the eyes of the person I was supposed to be doing business with and here's what I was thinking. You send me the money through Western Union today as you promised before, but you don't have to give me the mtcn. This way I can show the person I'm doing my own business with that I have the money and taht I'm able to make the payment as promised. Than as soon as I send you the package through UPS I will email you the tracking number and you will send me the mtcn so I can collect the money. If you can do this please do it as soon as possible, if not please advise so I know what to do next (I could sell the amp to someone here , it's true for a lower price but I get paid right away)"
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to yield to it."
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Options
    "Just walk away. Walk away and we can end this suffering. Just walk away." Humongous
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jrausch
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Agreed, Bury this one out back near the hamster grave.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by scottvamp

WTF....... No disrespect but we are pretty much in agreeance that this is a scan.
    Hello----McFly!!!!!

Get a grip! Talk about McFly...

Hello... Hello...

madmax:)
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • madmax
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Originally posted by gidrah
    "Just walk away. Walk away and we can end this suffering. Just walk away." Humongous

We can talk to this Humongous... He's a reasonable man.

madmax

• sgtgto
    sgtgto Posts: 310
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Hi:

I agree with MX on somethings such as corporal punishment. I remember I did a paper, long ago, in HS, on whether it was heredity or enviroment that has the greatest influence on a child. I concluded it it both. Some children have Pastors for fathers and they turn out to be Holy terrors. Others have Os for parents and turn out good. One thing I am sure of though, is a child with good responsible parents has a much better chance.

As far as the amp. If you have a credit card, use a check from that card and pay for the amp. That way if the deal turns sour you can deny payment through the card.

Gary
  • madmax
    edited December 2002
    Options
    jrausch,
    He never replied to my email. I just asked if there was any product reason for selling as I was saving up to buy a new one. Most of the good guys will send you a long winded explanation describing whether there is a reason related to the equipment or if there is a personal reason for selling but he never replied at all. I don't think he was one of the good guys. Had I been dealing with him I would have found out by insisting on a USPS moneyorder. I guess this guy was one of the 1 in 300,000. Scary because I would have sent a USPS money order if he had agreed. I am going to go ahead and be trusting because of my success rate but this really puts a doubt in my mind. You could have lost $2000. Just goes to show that you should always trust your own instinct, not others. I would have never seen it coming, maybe. It is a shame that those few mess it up for everyone. I guess you have 299,999 good deals to go until you end up with another scam seller. Good luck.
    madmax

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited December 2002
    Options
    He never replied to my email either.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • jrausch
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I wanted to post this auction from the start. This one looked very suspicious and I wanted everyone to see and be leary of anything that's sounds too good to be true. If he sold the amp for less than what I was paying, then someone got a early Christmas present. Just make sure you watch out for those dam teenagers, they'll take you for everthing you have. :D
  • madmax
    edited December 2002
    Options
    I have made quite a few deals which were way too good to believe but I guess I've never run across one of those teenagers before :D
    madmax