MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    billbillw wrote: »
    No, I said that you were incorrect about the "aq" thing. Most acids will never be referred to as an aqueous solution. That is typically used to describe crystalline compounds that are dissolved in water solution. Things like salt, copper sulfate, potassium nitrate, etc.

My point was that acids leave residue and they very rarely just evaporate. Most are hygroscopic, so they absorb moisture from the atmosphere rather than evaporate it.

Ugh. HI is a gas. It is not an acid unless it is in an aqueous solution. Unlike alot of other acids. The only reason it is an acid in water is describe in the Wikipedia article "The high acidity is caused by the dispersal of the ionic charge over the anion. The iodide ion is much larger than the other common halides which results in the negative charge being dispersed over a large space." I thought that was clear from the quotes? That is where the relevancy is, not whether other acids are aqueous solutions or not. HI is not an acid without water. It is just a gas that when exposed to oxygen splits off to water and iodine. Even if the acid was used, if it left a residue, the residue would be mostly HI and far from the solution needed for it to be an acid. Once it was exposed to oxygen, it'd break down to the water and iodine anyway. But even if it didn't, the PPM count would still be so low it's a moot point. But still, even a precipitate of the acid, when exposed to milk or water or other liquid, would be dilute just from the added moisture in the liquid introduced in to the container. On top of that, all the minerals in milk will likely neutralize the acid anyway. Calcium is good at neutralizing acids. That's why Tums is such a popular product. The fats in milk are also good at absorbing acids.

You're arguing semantics. I haven't said anything different than what you are saying. If you have an overwhelming need to prove me or Wikipedia wrong then fine, you're right. Whatever it takes to make you happy. But this is honestly simple high school chemistry.

Look, I'll make it simple. The concerns about McDonald's and Wawa's milk being tainted with acid are unfounded and sensationalistic. The amount of residue if there is any is not nearly enough to do any damage and honestly, the hydrochloric acid in your stomach is considerably stronger than HI or it's acidic form. Beyond that the amounts are too small to cause any damage to a person. Do not worry about the milk from either of these places. Totally not worth the concern.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    For all of you bagging on the name and the store, you're foolish. No other convenience store comes close to the awesomeness of a Wawa.
    Wawa's are usually open 24 hours and you can walk in there with 5 or 6 bucks and walk out with a meal. Wawa is also one of the best places to get Tastykakes and Entemann's products.
    Don't knock the Wawa, man.

Sure, but do they have SnuffyPuffers, or DangleDingers, or PokeyPooters, or
    SwishySlappers , or TweezerTwitters ?

They do ?

......... oh ..........

Anyway, Entemans is run by devil worshippers.
    Sal Palooza
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    I'm still not drinkin it. Good lookin out BigAudio.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • mule
    mule Posts: 282
    edited March 2008
    My gf is a microbiologist for a HUGE company and she works in a lab testing and developing solutions to kill all kinds of crazy stuff. They basically run tests to find the weakest, cheapest and most environmental safe solutions to kill watever would cause the milk to spoil or harm you.

Really children aren't calfs, they shouldn't be drinking milk any way.
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited March 2008
    newton's figs are cooked and cooled open lid....those little things that you chew with texture are actually bugs that die....actually worked at Nabisco part time when I was in high school...
    I suppose Jstas thinks that's okay too...because the milk will be fine for our young children....honestly, the cows get a thumb sized pills(hormone to produce more milk) for more production(my sister is a pharmacist and that’s what they give to cows)....again I assume that amount is too small....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited March 2008
    devani wrote: »
    newton's figs are cooked and cooled open lid....those little things that you chew with texture are actually bugs that die....actually worked at Nabisco part time when I was in high school..

LOL now thats funnier than the cap on the tweeter posts......I guess they take all of the lil crunchy fig seeds out before they make the newtons....
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited March 2008
    NotaSuv wrote: »
    LOL now thats funnier than the cap on the tweeter posts......I guess they take all of the lil crunchy fig seeds out before they make the newtons....

they do have quality control tho from what I hear...as long as the there's not alot of bugs dead, they will package them and ship them out....I was never able to verify these...:confused:

what i did at nabisco was to count broken chips after shipment....after package leaves the plant, they will drive around the truck for certain number of hours and come back....once the boxes come in, we open them up and begin counting number of chips that are broken and not broken...
    why you ask? people at the nabisco or any other food plant makes sure that their packing material and design can withstand driving and a customer can have their chips intact...seriously we counted hundreds of boxes full truck load....we were allowed to take the boxes of chips as well...:D
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • dpowell
    dpowell Posts: 3,067
    edited March 2008
    Do the newtons with more dead bugs break apart easier than newtons without bugs? :)

polkaudio Fully Modded SDA SRS 1.2TLs + Dreadnaught, LSiM706c, 4 X Polk Surrounds + 4 X ATMOS, SVS PB13 Ultra X 2, Pass Labs X1, Marantz 7704, Bob Carver Crimson Beauty 350 Tube Mono Blocks, Carver Sunfire Signature Cinema Grande 400x5, ADCOM GFA 7807, Panasonic UB420, Moon 380D DAC, EPSON Pro Cinema 6050
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited March 2008
    Cows are giving hormones to allow their teats to heal more quickly.

Their teats get sore and abrasions from the mechanical milking process.
    Sal Palooza
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    McDonald's has some of the HIGHEST QA standards of ANY industry. If they ain't sweating it, I'm not gonna.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!