They turned me a loose....mmmmhuh

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
I finally got my hiney out of the hospital. THAT was an ordeal. If any of you folks have acid reflux, get it in check as soon as possible. I've dealt with this for a few years now. And when I say I've dealt with this I mean I've been from one medication to the next. With little or no results until now. It will progress to the point of where it will stop you in your tracks. You'll feel like you are having a heart attack. I've been to the ER probably 20 times in the past 2 years. I've inhaled so much acid in my sleep that I now have a small scar on my right lung. It progressed to the point of where I was hungery, but couldn't eat 1/2 a meal before feeling the acid take over. I haven't slept a full night's sleep in over a year. All that should be over soon. The doctors are discussing surgery to help slow or stop the GERDS. This dosage of Protronix has helped more than anything to date. Good stuff IMO.

They ran me through all kinds of tests....Endoscopy, Colonoscopy, Upper GI w/barium, Nuclear Hidascans, Stress Echocardiogram, Nuclear Stress Echo, 20 Gallons of Blood Tests, MRI and few others I'm sure I'm not aware of....LOL. I'm just hoping there were no aliens involved. Out of all this I've learned a few things about what condition I'm in and they have found a few things needing attention. I had heart trouble in the past. The tests have shown that my heart is in pretty damn good shape now. I've been walking around with a small tear in my colon. Thats been taken care of before it became a major issue. The scar on my lung is not going to be a problem from what they tell me. They just said they figured it must have been uncomfortable as hell.

This is a prime example of how a little thing can become a major issue if left alone and basically ignored. I look at it like this. I've just had the most complete physical examination a person can have. I now know everything that is going on with my health. If any of you folks are like me and ignore what ails you. You don't think you need to go see a doctor on a regular basis. Or to go to a doctor because you have something going on and think it will pass. GET YOUR **** CHECKED OUT!

Now I just can't wait to get back to work. I have some gear to buy and a mini Polkfest in NC to get to this weekend. But first I have someone to thank for being there and helping me while I was out of commision. She's got one great showing of appreciation coming her way.

Thanks again everybody,
Chuck
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited March 2008
    hey welcome home bro.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back buddy.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited March 2008
    40mg twice daily of Protonix?
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited March 2008
    good to hear your up again, you heading this way anytime in next two months??

RT1
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008
    sup?

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    Shizelbs wrote: »
    40mg twice daily of Protonix?

Nope...40mgs of Protronix 3 times a day.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    good to hear your up again, you heading this way anytime in next two months??

RT1

I can be. I can be almost anywhere at any time..my work is pretty flexible like that. What ya got in mind?

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    BIZILL wrote: »
    sup?

Chillin' with some vinyl at the crib again. I need a VPI RCM in a bad way.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited March 2008
    Nothin' like some time in the hospital to get a clue on all your health issues. You do get gone over pretty damn good. Glad you're out and about.
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back and glad to see your home finally.
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008
    Chillin' with some vinyl at the crib again. I need a VPI RCM in a bad way.

Chuck

speaking outside my knowledge base. TT's. (not ****) but i'd definately glad you're back to doin' what you love!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited March 2008
    Glad to see you are back and at home enjoying the tunes.
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Good news Chuck. I didn't want to break it to your girl, but we don't really start to care about members until they hit 500 posts. You were so close, we let it slide this one time.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • devani
    devani Posts: 1,497
    edited March 2008
    welcome back old man..:D.....
    Video: LG 55LN5100/Samsung LNT4065F
    Receiver: HK AVR445
    Source: OPPO BDP-93
    HT: POLK SPEAKERS RTi6, FXi3, CSi5, VTF-3 MK2
    2Ch system: MC2105, AR-XA, AR-2A, AR9, BX-300, OPPO BDP-83
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Good news Chuck. I didn't want to break it to your girl, but we don't really start to care about members until they hit 500 posts. You were so close, we let it slide this one time.

I'm sure after Polkfest I'll be back in the hosptal. I'll look for the sympathy then....LOL Thanks RuSsMaN, I knew I could count on you.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited March 2008
    Glad to hear you're better.
  • 66chevyIISS
    66chevyIISS Posts: 857
    edited March 2008
    yes, glad you're back home!

Very interesting read though. I am only 27 and near the end of last year I went to the doctor for bad chest pain (the described feeling was like a heart attack) and it was due to acid reflux. I was put on Protonix and man that stuff works! When I was taking it is. I just recently ran out and not more then 2 days later my acid reflux has come back. I keep putting off rescheduling my appointment for refills/more tests, but your story might have changed my mind.

I've cut back on drinking as I'm sure that is the main cause, but I dred the day they tell me I have to stop drinking all together!

Thanks!
    My Home Theater (WIP):
    Panasonic AE900 Projector - 126" screen, XBOX 360, Pioneer BDP-320 Bluray
    Receiver: Denon AVR-1905
    Fronts: RTi6's, Center: CSi5, Surrounds: RTi4, Rears: Denon
    Dual Subs: PSW202, and behind the couch Denon 8"

My showcase link:
    Media Room pics
  • venomclan
    venomclan Posts: 2,467
    edited March 2008
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited March 2008
    I've cut back on drinking as I'm sure that is the main cause, but I dred the day they tell me I have to stop drinking all together!

Pretty sure we all feel the same way, especially those long Friday nights playing COD4.:D
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Glad you are back in action Chuck and the pain is in check. You still haven't returned my phone call! LOL!

You are correct about ignoring health issues. I ignored symptoms that I was experiencing for months even as far back as GA Polkfest and I ended up in the hospital with acute pancreatitis. I'm still far from being right and will be getting tested for the next couple of months. If I would have paid attention to what my body was telling me back in the fall and the around the holidays I would not be as bad off.

Oh well this is what happens after 50!:eek::(
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    but I dred the day they tell me I have to stop drinking all together!

Thanks!

Been there, done that, it is not as bad as you think!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    GET YOUR **** CHECKED OUT!

Man, my **** gets checked out all the time! Even Doro told me it was lusciously cute and sent me ****-less chaps and a camera. I have no clue what I'm supposed to do with those.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2008
    Glad to hear your home bro. You had us all worried there
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back. My brother has that problem, don't know what he's taking though.
    A couple of years back the doctors were saying something about a "collapsed esophogus"?, and that they might have to do experimental surgery. They didn't sound too hopeful, so, it didn't go down.
    Stay on your meds.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back, pay attention to what your doctors say, including if they recommend surgery to correct/improve the problem.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited March 2008
    Just think all the money you saved: free food, free drugs, free body massages (cavity searches), free tv (x-rays, night shift nurses on the vcr [one of my favorites]), free audio rehab. Welcome back.
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Welcome back, pay attention to what your doctors say, including if they recommend surgery to correct/improve the problem.

After this ordeal I have no following doctor's orders.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • cambir
    cambir Posts: 1,045
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back Chuck!
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    Chuckster.. welcome home man.

so what is the cause of GERDS, anyway? Is it a person's diet or what?
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    I vote one to re-instate you and bring Mary back.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.