So I bought a bike

2»

Comments

• brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    Is there any particular reason you wouldn't want to step up to the 3700 that has a more solid frame structure? For $50, it's well worth it.......
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Ah, my mistake. Maybe I just don't want to spend the money then :)

I probably wouldn't have either, but they came standard. Couldn't tell you if they are that much better or not. :confused:
  • MikeC78
    MikeC78 Posts: 2,315
    edited March 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Hydraulic line? I know they sell them for bikes and Mike has them, but most are mechanical cable actuated disc brakes....at least the ones I have on my Specialized are. The hydraulic ones cost a lot more money.

Yeah, I need them for my big ****, I weigh in at 250.:p

I have a Trek 6700, and love everything about it. The only problem is, I like to upgrade, I should of just spent the extra dough and bought an 8500 instead. I like to ride fast and hard, the extra money for quality parts is well worth it for me. The higher up the chain you go, the better stuff you get, and it's worth it to spend the extra money now instead of spending a lot more piecing the bike together later.
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2008
    They didn't have any in at the moment, but I still have that option. The guy at RBM said that with my weight and what I wanted to use it for, the 820 would work fine. He said if I was going to get into hard core riding, that the 3700 wouldn't really be enough anyway. He said it was better than the 820, but only marginally so.

That, and with the price I actually paid for the 820 ($189 new), the 3700 was going to be closer to $150 more...
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    you got $100 (35%) off the regular price and you were looking for a better deal?!?!?!?!!? lol........just playin.........
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited March 2008
    MikeC78 wrote: »
    Yeah, I need them for my big ****, I weigh in at 250.:p

I have a Trek 6700, and love everything about it. The only problem is, I like to upgrade, I should of just spent the extra dough and bought an 8500 instead. I like to ride fast and hard, the extra money for quality parts is well worth it for me. The higher up the chain you go, the better stuff you get, and it's worth it to spend the extra money now instead of spending a lot more piecing the bike together later.

Keep eatin' slim, I got ya beat. :p
  • brettw22
    edited March 2008
    Seriously..........I would love to be 250 right now.......lol.........
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2008
    Brett, not looking for a better deal, just wanted some feedback on what I'd bought. I didn't even go in there with the intention of buying anything, I was just going to price things and it was my first stop.

I started talking to the guy, and he said it was last year's model of the 820 and he'd sell it to me for $189. THe current 820s they had are all white and black with some red, and this one was a darker blue color.

He said that everything else on the bikes is identical, just the color schemes are different. I actually liked the blue better anyway, so that worked out for me. I waited for about 45 minutes for them to build the thing (they stayed a few minutes past closing to finish it up and save me a second trip out there).

It was the last one they had in stock and just happened to be my size, so decided to go ahead and buy it. He could have been bullshitting me, but figured either way I'm getting a $300 bike for $200, so decided to take it.
  • bopicasso
    bopicasso Posts: 878
    edited March 2008
    I ride mountain bikes. I own a bianchi mutt 7800. Im racing this year. Cant wait!
    Living Room setup: Pioneer Elite VSX-21TXH, Krell KAV 300i, PS Audio DL III DAC, Tyler Acoustics Taylo 7u, Dynaudio Audience 120C+, SVS 25/31PCI, B-P-T Clean Power Center, Ps3, Panny 50" S1 Plasma, Tekline speaker cables, Audio Art interconnects, and Pangea power cables.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    Wow, I didn't realize Bianchi made mountain bikes.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • jeremie
    jeremie Posts: 246
    edited March 2008
    I have a Salsa Dos Niner for my MTB bike with XT and Sram x9 and a Scott Addict R3 for my Road bike and a Redline Conquest Pro for my Cross bike. Need to start a thread with post your bikes here :)
    Receiver Yamaha 3070 *Emotiva xpa5 * Behringer iNuke 6000dsp *Monster Cable HTS 3500 -- line conditioner * Panamax 5300 * Apple 4K * Panasonic UB820 * JVC NX5 * Silver Ticket thin bezel 120”
    LSIM - Fronts 707 * Center 706c * Sides 702 * Rear 703 *FP RC85i * RP RC65i * Sub (2) SI HT18
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited March 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    I'm gonna give the dirt a shot today, but I have a feeling I'll need a solid month of paved riding before I'm ready to do much off-road, just from a stamina standpoint.

That is correct, sir. Ride dirt to learn how to technically deal with the uneven surface (balance, bunny hops over sticks, lifting front wheel up a bit to go over obstacles, etc). Ride street/pavement to build endurance. Do both. Alternate. It's funner.
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited March 2008
    Is it a Sledge Hammer?

Do you ever take it off any sweet jumps?:D