Can't wait fo spring!!!!!!!

Ricardo
Ricardo Posts: 10,636
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
We didn't have a lot of snow this year....hope this is the last one.

023.jpg

Though not so bad if you have good neighbors.

017-1.jpg

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
SOPA
Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
Post edited by Ricardo on

Comments

• Paul in Canada
    Paul in Canada Posts: 178
    edited March 2008
    We have had the most snow I have ever seen. We are getting about an other foot of snow tonight. I can't wait for this white crap to melt away.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited March 2008
    It's finally been rainy and warm the past few days and I can see grass by my house for the first time in what seems like forever. Truly a horrific winter.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited March 2008
    We've had over 4 ft. of snow this Winter,which is a bunch for our area...Records show most precip. since 1865.

"Spring" ahead this weekend:D
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2008
    We have received 250cm thus far, since yesterday, to this coming Sunday we are expected to get another 20-50cms...... I'll take some pics with my dig cam of the area and some snow banks on peoples front yards....
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    I saw the first indication of Spring yesterday, a big bird **** right on the windshield!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Thank you ALL for posting these pictures! I will NEVER, repeat NEVER, EVER again deal with that ****!.....EVER!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited March 2008
    Ricardo, if you didn't turn over your audio gear so often, you could afford a good snowblower and laugh the Winter away.;):D

Actually, the Cincinnati area is a lot like Pittsburgh in that we don't typically get a lot of snow, and the expensive snow blower is a waste. Beside, my neighbor across the street loves gas powered toys, and he always digs me out if the snow is really bad. I thought about getting a snow blower once, then went out and bought some audio gear instead.:D
    Carl

• wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    It doesn't snow in Bubbaland?

I can't seem to find that on Google Maps ... Is that a theme park in South Carolina?
  • hockeyboy
    hockeyboy Posts: 1,428
    edited March 2008
    I live in friggin Dallas and there is still snow in my backyard. That is not normal man.
    My Main Gear
    Mitsu HC5000 (Proj.)
    Marantz SR8001 (AVR)
    Sunfire TGA7200 (AMP)
    Marantz DV7001 (SACD)
    Samsung BD-P1500 Blu-Ray
    LSi 15's (Front)
    LSiC (Center)
    LSiFx (Surrounds)
    DUAL SVS 20-39 CS Plus
    (Passive Subs)
    Marantz IS201 I-Pod Dock[/SIZE]
    Panamax M5300EX
    Carada Criterion 106" Brightwhite Screen
    Sunfire TGA 5200 & (4) B&W 605's in the party room
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    most of our snow is gone.. gone for good. well till Nov anyways. good riddance

bring on some nice spring weather!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • whitetruk
    whitetruk Posts: 308
    edited March 2008
    cleveland(ohio) is getting pounded as we speak.
    kind of fun with new tires on my truck.
    I thought it was fairly amusing also. The Polk Ogre doesn't always get 'it'
  • del44
    del44 Posts: 686
    edited March 2008
    I'm getting sick of this white ****. But it is fun to do donuts in the parking lots:D
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    We've gotten a total of 3 inches of snow this year. I'm getting really tired of NOT getting it. I need to move north.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    I have ponds of water in my front yard and back is has been raining soooooo much this year. The water table here is already high.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    We have had the most snow I have ever seen. We are getting about an other foot of snow tonight. I can't wait for this white crap to melt away.
    Well Paul I thought that was a normal amount for you eastern folks?but here in Ontario as of today we have about as much as in your pics with more on the way.:eek:
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited March 2008
    I'm tired of being cold. I'm tired of sitting on the couch(well maybe not but) I like being outside washing the cars, Mountian Biking , swimming , etc. I feel like this winter was just to damn long. I'm tired of wearing heavy clothing. Wehad just about no snow and I'm still tired of it.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    Have fun Sal. We didn't get a flake down here in South Jersey. We did get about 12 feet of rain though yesterday.
  • Paul in Canada
    edited March 2008
    GV#27 wrote: »
    Well Paul I thought that was a normal amount for you eastern folks?but here in Ontario as of today we have about as much as in your pics with more on the way.:eek:

I can't ever remeber getting snow like this before. Last week I heard that this area had broken a 100 and some year old record for snow fall, which would be why I don't ever remeber getting this much snow. I have seen some big storms but we just keep getting dumped on over and over. In my pictures of my deck, there are to levels, the lower level is about 2 feet off of the ground. Today some of the fence around the pool is completely covered. I can see my self in the middle of June sitting in the sun by the pool with a case of beer sitting in a snow bank beside me.
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

"It's futile to have a battle of wits with an unarmed person." demaples July 29/08
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited March 2008
    Today's forcast...mid 70's, clear skies. Gonna be like this all week. :D
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited March 2008
    We didnt get a single flake this year. I miss the snow. :(

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • Paul in Canada
    edited March 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Today's forcast...mid 70's, clear skies. Gonna be like this all week. :D

You **** and your big, bright, hot, shiny sun!! I hope you get a sun burn. Ha Ha
    Polk RTi 8's
    Polk CSi 5
    FXIA4"s
    Outlaw Audio M200 x2
    Denon AVR 2805
    Sony CDP C345
    Paradigm PW2200 Sub
    Panasonic 50"

• Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Last week I heard that this area had broken a 100 and some year old record for snow fall, which would be why I don't ever remeber getting this much snow.
    Yeah I think we are setting records here as well.Even the snowmobile is burried.:D
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    I spent 35 winters in New England, and 1 in N. Chicago. As much as I HATE 16' of snow every winter, it's better than 10 weeks of NEGATIVE 30*F!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2008
    The first 3 images are on my street, the next 2 are at a friend of mine. I don't remember have this much snow since the 1970's. Oh, the back yard...those fences are 5' tall.

Snow1.jpg

Snow2.jpg

Snow3.jpg

IMG_0019_resize.JPG

IMG_0020_resize.JPG

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • Mazeroth
    Mazeroth Posts: 1,585
    edited March 2008
    Joe, I do not envy you at all as far as the snow goes! We got nailed with about 10 inches two days ago and we were pretty much trapped inside for a day. I can't even begin to imagine what crap you have to put up with!
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Speaking of spring! Was watching the Phillies in spring training today!

I can almost smell it! The glove oil! The pine tar! The fresh cut grass! The $90 beer! Baseball season is so close I can smell it! Can't wait!

Is it spring yet?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!