stereo_luver is in the hospital

13»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    Mary, any update? I found your # and I'll give you a jingle later tonight to see if all is well.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Umm Chuck... You were supposed to get sick AFTER dropping off the washer, and dryer! Damn dude get well. Don't even worry about the washer, and dryer for now.
    Prayers sent.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited March 2008
    Anyone know whats up with Chuck?
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited March 2008
    I haven't gotten in touch with him or Mary yet.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    Mary here again. I just got back from the hospital and Chuck is doing much better. He says thanks for all the good thoughts and prayers. I'm sorry I haven't been able to update in a few days.

Chuck suffers from severe GERDS or "Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease". Acid reflux is what its more commonly known as. Chuck has been on several medications over the years and ran the gauntlet of doses. His reflux is so bad he would choke at night from inhaling the acid as it was drawn into his lungs simply by his breathing while asleep. The doctors have concluded that he has had enough of this acid drawn into his lungs over time that it has actually been absorbed into his bloodstream. It acts as a poison when enough is allowed into the bloodstream. Along with the pain from the GERDS the acid also caused the muscle and joint pain he started suffering last week. Chuck is now taking what could be described as a doseage of medicine that is 4 times the amount normally given for this condition. He is now taking 120mgs of Protronix daily. The doctors are discussing surgery to help with the reflux. The doctors also found a small tear in his Colon that has been taken care of. His pain has decreased substantially and he is off the pain meds and sleeping pretty good. He hopes to be able to come home by this weekend. He has mentioned something about a get together in North Carolina this weekend. But, I'm not so sure he will be out of my sight for the first week he gets home. But if he gets hell bent on going you guys will see him this weekend.

Chuck says to tell everyone hello and thanks Russ (hoosier?) for selling him his iPod Thingy. He has the iPod dock and amp at the hospital. Talk about OCD with this stereo stuff...LOL. He also wants everyone to know they are to stay away from his stereo equipment and me. In the event of something tragic all his stereo equipment goes to his son. I'm not sure where I go? His son is very cool, but a little young for me.

Thank you,
    Mary
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2008
    Good to hear he's getting better...and has not lost his sense of humor.

Hmmmm......pictures please..... :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    If he can't attend Polkfest, you'll have to take his place. Tell him to stop being such a baby and just spit that acid out like a cobra.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Good to hear! We're still praying for you Chuck.
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    Update:

Chuck just called and the doctors have told him he may go home tomorrow or Thursday. This all hinges on his blood tests today and a Hidascan he is having done this afternoon.

Thank you,
    Mary
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited March 2008
    A couple of simple recommendations ...

- Don't eat or drink within an hour of going to bed
    - Have enough pillows under the head so that the head and neck are at least slightly elevated from the body ... Stuff flows down hill ...
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2008
    Glad to hear that he is doing better Mary. Thanks for the update.
  • seeclear
    seeclear Posts: 1,242
    edited March 2008
    My GERD got a lot better when I went on the Atkins diet, FWIW...
    May be worth a try.

Hope you feel better, soon!
    "Don't forget to change your politician. They are like diapers they need to be changed regularly, and for the same reason."
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Good to know he's doing better! Hope we see him back on the forum soon.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited March 2008
    Atta Boy Chuck!!! No BBQ for you if you show up!:D:D
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited March 2008
    Get better soon. Don't sweat the petty stuff.
    AND don't pet the sweaty stuff!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited March 2008
    Best wishes to you, get well soon!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Glad to hear he is doing better. Continuing to send good thoughts his way.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    Well, I guess since he's better we won't see Mary anymore.....
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited March 2008
    I have acid reflux as well, though not severe. I have been able to almost eliminate it completey by not eating after 6pm, and to quit gorging myself. I'm slim, 5'11" 170lbs, but I eat like a horse; and I was just simply eating way too much. Pepcid complete is also a wonderful thing--though I realize Chuck is probably way beyond a simple fix like pepcid.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    I'm free. I escaped. I got turned loose. I finally got out of that place.....Thanks everyone for the kind words, thoughts & prayers.

Chuck
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    Well, I guess since he's better we won't see Mary anymore.....

Says who?

Ms. Mary
    HPIM0595.jpg
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2008
    Great to hear you're back home Chuck!!!!!!!!

Take it easy and follow the doctor's directions.

Edit: (After seeing previous post) I really think you should go back to the hospital.....and stay there until after Polkfest :D

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • dorokusai
    edited March 2008
    Woot!
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    Welcome back!

I also sleep propped up a little to keep the acid down. Also makes it easier to spring into a devastating roundhouse kick to any would be burglar.
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited March 2008
    Good to hear all is well Chuck. I'll see you this Saturday with a trunk full of dusty records.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2008
    Good to hear and special thanks to Mary for her updates.

engaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Systems
    edited March 2008
    lightman1 wrote: »
    Atta Boy Chuck!!! No BBQ for you if you show up!:D:D

your **** is itchin'.....I'm all about some BBQ.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing