stereo_luver is in the hospital

Systems
Systems Posts: 14,873
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Let me introduce myself, my name is Mary and I'm Chuck's girlfriend. I have tried for several days to log on here to relay a message to all those who Chuck was doing business with. He was able to explain how this forum works this morning and gave excellent instructions. After reading through some of the posts I now understand a little more of his passion for music and stereo equipment through the fellowship of this site. You all seem like a good bunch of "audioholics" as he likes to say.

Chuck was admitted to the hospital early Sunday morning. He has had an ongoing condition they haven't been able to diagnose for almost a year now. He suffers from severe chest pains several times a week. This has led to several trips to the ER in the past. With a history of heart conditions in the past the diagnosis has been difficult. None of the tests, which have been numerous, show any problems with his heart. The symtoms would all point to his heart but all the tests show he has a very healthy heart at this time. He does suffer from severe GERDS. But the doctors can't seem to believe this is the problem either. His blood work has shown a small level of toxcidity (sp) that the doctors can't explain at this time. Chuck is in a terrible amount of pain over most of his body and is on a IV drip with meds to ease the pain. He's awake for a few hours over the course of the day and mainly sleeping when not going through tests. I'll update for him as results are made clear to us. We all hope he gets out of the hospital soon as the staff is getting more than enough wisecrack jokes from him. Especially the nurses. He stays in good spirits as much as possible. If you knew Chuck you'd know this is just Chuck being Chuck.

Chuck has asked that anyone he was working a deal for stereo equipment to please be patient. He fully intends to finish all deals as soon as he can get back home. His message box was full and I emptied it today. I can relay any messages to him if needed. If anyone is in dire need of money and can't wait for his release I'll try and complete the transactions for him. I don't think he'd like me doing this because of his OCD with his stereo equipment. But at the same time I'm sure he doesn't want to make anyone mad here or have bad feedback because of this delay. He mentioned Ben in Conyers needing a washer, dryer and stove. I'll try and get my boys to help me get these to Ben for Chuck.

Thank you,
Mary
Testing
Testing
Testing
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,714
    edited March 2008
    Very sorry to hear about Chuck's troubles. Hope the Docs can sort things out and get him back in shape. I'm sure anyone here will understand about delays in any dealings.
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited March 2008
    Tell him to get better and start posting more.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited March 2008
    Sorry to hear, hope he gets better!
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • edbert
    edbert Posts: 1,041
    edited March 2008
    Prayers being sent his way!
    I know just enough to be dangerous, but don't tell my wife, she thinks I'm a genius. :D

Pioneer VSX-816
    Monitor 40's - fronts, bi-amped
    Monitor 30's - surrounds
    CS1 - center
    PSW10 - I'll let you guess
    Blue Jeans Cable - speaker cable
    Daewoo 27 incher - one step up from a console
    Sony Progressive scan DVD
    XBOX

SOPA since 2008
    Here's my stuff.
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited March 2008
    Please give Chuck my best wishes for a speedy recovery! I had a pending deal with him for a Theta DAC. Please tell him not to worry at all about responding until he feels better. I'm happy to hang onto it as long as needed. . . no rush on my end.

Thanks for logging on to inform us of his situation and please keep us updated.
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    Good luck Chuck!
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited March 2008
    Best wishes, Chuck!!
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008
    Crap. That sucks.

Hope they figure out what is wrong so he doesn't have to deal with this anymore.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2008
    I hope he gets well soon; I pitty those nurses :)

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for posting. Prayers sent and wish him the best.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon Chuck. Let us know if you need anything
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited March 2008
    Thanks for letting us know,, best wishes for a speedy recovery
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited March 2008
    Wow Chuck no wonder you weren't answering your phone. Get well soon brother and don't sweat ANYTHING except getting better.

Joe
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited March 2008
    Best wishes for a speedy diagnosis/recovery and to see you back with your family...and us... soon!
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited March 2008
    My thoughts are with him.

Could it be triggered by food? Shellfish maybe?
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon Chuck.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon. Relax work on getting better, the rest is just audio....

Thank you Mary for the update...

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited March 2008
    I Love Chuck.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    Madmax is in the hospital? Moreover, Madmax has a girlfriend????
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited March 2008
    No. Now Stereo-luver, HE has a girlfriend.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited March 2008
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Madmax is in the hospital? Moreover, Madmax has a girlfriend????

Wrong Chuck. Put the Beam down :p
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited March 2008
    No. Now Stereo-luver, HE has a girlfriend.
    Seeing Chuck and girlfriend in the same sentence threw me. Now replace girlfriend with 'creepy lampshades made from human flesh' or some such, and I never would have blinked an eye.

Get well soon, new Chuck.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited March 2008
    Thank you for letting us know Mary. Sending healing thoughts Chuck's way.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited March 2008
    Good Luck Chuck!
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon Chuck, thoughts go out to you and Mary.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited March 2008
    Get well soon.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Refefer
    Refefer Posts: 1,280
    edited March 2008
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. Let Chuck know he's in all of our thoughts.
    Lovin that music year after year.

Main 2 Channel System

Polk SDA-1B,
    Promitheus Audio TVC SE,
    Rotel RB-980BX,
    OPPO DV-970HD,
    Lite Audio DAC AH,
    IXOS XHA305 Interconnects

Computer Rig

Polk SDA CRS+,
    Creek Audio 5350 SE,
    Morrow Audio MA1 Interconnect,
    HRT Music Streamer II
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited March 2008
    I hope they figure it all out for Chuck...get well soon.

And oh...I had a deal going with Chuck, he was to send me ALL his gear so I could evaluate it in my spare room before actually buying it. Please make sure you pack everything properly and send it out as soon as you can. :-)

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited March 2008
    Get Well Soon Dude!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson