exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited March 2008 in The Clubhouse
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    haha, that bed movement is awesome on the tundra.
  • MillerLiteScott
    MillerLiteScott Posts: 2,561
    edited February 2008
    Wow. Glad I bought the Ford.
    I like speakers that are bigger than a small refrigerator but smaller than a big refrigerator:D
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    It's ironic that when the hammer drops, all the chevy and ford get to see is that toyotas **** end wagging at them as it pulls away.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    Well, it is a Ford video. I'm sure there was a lot of planning on how far these bumps were spread apart both for the width of the car and the length between each bump to according to ford's width and suspension, but none the less, thats pretty unacceptable IMO, unless theres something else I'm not seeing.
    -Cody
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    Wagging is a good choice of words from that video.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited February 2008
    Zero wrote: »
    It's always the black trucks with a good shaky rump....

:D

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    Thats an important test. I know I routinely run speed bumps at 50 mph all the time.

And its good to know that the Ford's bed doesnt rock. That way when the transmission falls out of it, it will support its weight better when its up on the hooks being towed.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited March 2008
    I wonder how 'true' that video really is. To all the Tundra haters out there, and there appear to be a few, I say the same thing - have you test driven one and ridden in one for long periods of time?

I have a friend with a 2007 Silverado, and my uncle has a 2007 f150, both are the upgraded models, and both are actually very fine trucks. I'm sorry, but neither of those can even be mentioned in the same breath as a Tundra, they're not even in the same class IMO.

Forgot all the stupid commercials with Mike Rowe stopping a plane with the Ford Toyota doing all those stupid stunts with the Tundra. The Tundra has more more power, drives better, and is a hell of a lot more comfortable to me.

Yeah, it's more expensive, but it's a Toyota, so that's to be expected.

I 'get' that most people don't like the Tundra, it's really the first foreign truck that I'm aware of that's really challenged the 'sacred' triad if big bad American trucks, but hey times change. Look what Toyota and companies like have done for the quality of other American cars. At some point the big 3 realized that "Hey, those **** are making decent cars and are outselling us, apparently people want a reliable car, maybe we should look at doing that". I've not owned an American car in a few years now, but have heard alot that their quality is improving. The big three are going to have to adapt and make something competitive with the Tundra, and I believe they will in time.

It's not like Toyota is the final word in car companies, they're just on top at the moment. I believe that in time the 'American will' to succeed will propel us to a new level of excellence and we will prevail, and maybe that's already starting to some degree with the big 3 supposedly producing better vehicles. it's just going to take them time to win someone like me over again. I need a vehicle that will get me to work every day of the week, plain and simple. I've been screwed over several times by Chevy and Chrysler, some of which I'm still paying for today - so it'll take some time to win people like me back over...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited March 2008
    I wonder why they didn't do a Dodge too......
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • exalted512
    edited March 2008
    Lorthos wrote: »
    I wonder why they didn't do a Dodge too......

they didnt have a budget for a tow truck too:p
    -Cody
  • Grimster74
    Grimster74 Posts: 2,570
    edited March 2008
    Granted, I own a Toyota Tacoma and the only truck I would every trade mine in on would be the Toyota Tundra.:D
    Money Talks, Mine says Goodbye Rob!!!!
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    Sweet, whenever I see a road with a speedbump every 3 to 5 feet the first thing I think is "wow, I better speed up to 28MPH to prove how superior my car is to other lowly cars unable to perform such a task!"

Why would anyone slow down?
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited March 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Well, it is a Ford video. I'm sure there was a lot of planning on how far these bumps were spread apart both for the width of the car and the length between each bump to according to ford's width and suspension, but none the less, thats pretty unacceptable IMO, unless theres something else I'm not seeing.
    -Cody

Same thing I was thinking. You could really get something rocking at that speed if the bumps were the correct spacing. Anyone who's ridden on an interstate in a CJ-7 would know.
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • dfranks
    dfranks Posts: 207
    edited March 2008
    After owning and driving pickups since 1988, I have also been in the drywall business since then as well.

Keep your Tundra. I want a truck with a really stiff backend so I won't have to worry about the BOX twisting when driving at low speeds with a decent load in the back. I am talking about even just a sharp turn. I have done this to several imports.

My OLD fords were great they just guzzled gas and rode like a truck With really crappy paint.(Can't speak for the new ones)
    My Chevies weren't as strong as the Fords but they drove nicer and had more power. with really crappy paint.
    My new Dodge I wouldn't trade for anything, I had 1900lbs of hardwood flooring in the back, while towing a trailer with 1200 - 1500lbs of drywall and filler.
    The truck didn't even shudder, but I am not fond of Dodges brakes either.

I have driven several Toyotas in the past and found the fit and finish near perfect, but that is it.
    Did I forget to mention the Nissan...... NOPE.

The Tundra is great for weekend fun and leaving at home for the wife to get groceries, that's it.
    I apologise now in advance for ruffling feathers If you need a Truck go buy a Truck from a company that will do real tests, and not like those silly commercials.
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited March 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »

I 'get' that most people don't like the Tundra, it's really the first foreign truck that I'm aware of that's really challenged the 'sacred' triad if big bad American trucks, but hey times change.

Well, actually, the Tundra seems to be the only American made truck out there right now......oh except for the Nissan Titan. So technically speaking, youve got 2 brands of American made trucks and then 3 brands of Mexican/Canadian made trucks.

What a crazy world we live in. I suppose Ill just keep driving my Honda thats built in Ohio.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • shadowofnight
    edited March 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    Well, actually, the Tundra seems to be the only American made truck out there right now......oh except for the Nissan Titan. So technically speaking, youve got 2 brands of American made trucks and then 3 brands of Mexican/Canadian made trucks.

What a crazy world we live in. I suppose Ill just keep driving my Honda thats built in Ohio.

Thats exactly the way it is...my Titan has 65K on it and drives like the day I drove it off the lot ( Except its 9 inches taller and with some intake/exhaust/electronics/and traction control mods it eats up every truck I line it up against ...including the new Tundra with the largest engine combo )

I love rolling the window down at the next stoplight and telling them they should buy american next time :D
  • dfranks
    edited March 2008
    Thats exactly the way it is...my Titan has 65K on it and drives like the day I drove it off the lot ( Except its 9 inches taller and with some intake/exhaust/electronics/and traction control mods it eats up every truck I line it up against ...including the new Tundra with the largest engine combo )

I love rolling the window down at the next stoplight and telling them they should buy american next time :D

I would love to line up against your american truck. Just make sure your driver's window is rolled up....;)
  • shadowofnight
    edited March 2008
    dfranks wrote: »
    I would love to line up against your american truck. Just make sure your driver's window is rolled up....;)

Bring it :D The only Dodge trucks capable of decent times are the modded turbo diesels...those are pretty damn fast. The gasoline hemi's are the easiest to spank...hell my titan STOCK beat the hemi trucks.
  • dfranks
    edited March 2008
    Bring it :D The only Dodge trucks capable of decent times are the modded turbo diesels...those are pretty damn fast. The gasoline hemi's are the easiest to spank...hell my titan STOCK beat the hemi trucks.

06 CTD ram with some intake,exhaust, tranny and tuner goodies. with the stock stance and lift. :D
  • shadowofnight
    edited March 2008
    dfranks wrote: »
    06 CTD ram with some intake,exhaust, tranny and tuner goodies. with the stock stance and lift. :D

Nice...a REAL dodge truck worth modding :D I have a couple of friends who originally purchased hemis and couldnt stand them...one traded for a Titan and the other got the cummings turbo diesel...stock the diesel wasnt anything to write home about...but damn after he raped the Banks product catalog and got everything installed it was a beast.

I am just waiting now to pick up a Stillen blower for my Titan....:cool:
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited March 2008
    "Real Trucks Don't Have Spark Plugs"
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited March 2008

Uhhhh...what?

SRT10 Ram? Ring a bell? Clicks off high 12's "unmodded".
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited March 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pavXEwCJow"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_pavXEwCJow&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HQcJuvK73E"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0HQcJuvK73E&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • shadowofnight
    edited March 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    Uhhhh...what?

SRT10 Ram? Ring a bell? Clicks off high 12's "unmodded".

Cmon now...we are just talking about common affordable available to the masses good ole pickup trucks....that doesnt even come close to qualifying.

Of course we all know that the Viper engined "Truck " exists...but how many do you see on any given day ? ;)
  • Ricardo
    edited March 2008
    <object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2yLIQ0pRcM"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-2yLIQ0pRcM&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

SOPA
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited March 2008
    what not Peterbuilt? Pffft!!!!
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • shadowofnight
    edited March 2008
    Same outcome when you line the Nissan up against them as well...funny the toyota dealer didnt try a Titan...with the factory limited slip and or locking differential both the Tundra and the Titan walk all over the other 3.

cb187909-3d6c-4fa4-bed8-7ec9566aa901.jpgTitan Vs F150 Tug A War
  • exalted512
    edited March 2008
    Same outcome when you line the Nissan up against them as well...funny the toyota dealer didnt try a Titan...with the factory limited slip and or locking differential both the Tundra and the Titan walk all over the other 3.

cb187909-3d6c-4fa4-bed8-7ec9566aa901.jpgTitan Vs F150 Tug A War

Umm...BS. The Chevys have locking diffs in the back when they sense a change of 100rpms between the tires. I would want to know if the Tundra was in 4wd...

Want to see a traction test?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZz3xly3HUA
    -Cody
  • avelanchefan
    avelanchefan Posts: 2,401
    edited March 2008
    Where's Ford Truck Fanboi Jstas on all of this?
    Sean
    XboxLive--->avelanchefan
    PSN---->Floppa
    http://card.mygamercard.net/avelanchefan.png