Subwoofer setup with RM6700

Options
Nick40H
Nick40H Posts: 5
edited December 2002 in Troubleshooting
The Polk user manual for the RM6700 system says not to use the LFE jack on the back of my receiver (Denon 1803) and also in setting up to set the subwoofer (Velodyne CHT10) setting to 'off' or 'none'.
I'm confused.
Suppose I use the LFE jack, put the receiver's sub setting to 'yes' and bypass the the internal crossover in the Velodyne by using this sub's switch provided on the rear of the Velodyne.
Is this okay? As good as Polk's recommended set up? Not as good?
Your advice will be appreciated.
Post edited by Nick40H on

Comments

• rahvin
    rahvin Posts: 2
    edited December 2002
    Options
    thats pretty much what i did. Im runnning an onkyo 797 with 6700, and the ch10. it sounds great to me. just make sure to use good subwoofer cable or u could have issues. also a splitter as its a "stereo" sub. ps that sub rocks the house mani dont put it over half way!
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited December 2002
    Options
    Welcome to the fourm! Try every option and listen for youself as opinions and room acoustics vary.

If you got the PSW303 w/the RM6700 and have the Velo for extra bass I'd run the fronts after the PSW303 and set to large. Let the Velo handle the center and surrounds.

I'll assume you didn't. I'd still run the fronts after the sub and set to large. Set the receiver sub option to "No" and the mains to "Large". All your center and surround (small settings) will still be sent to the sub. I'd set the rcvr's X-over to as high as possible.

The Y-split is pretty much a mandatory considering the price.
    Make it Funky! :)