Shootin Guns in the House

2»

Comments

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    Well, on the lighter side of things--the woman of the house is getting a new fridge and counter top.:D
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Well, on the lighter side of things--the woman of the house is getting a new fridge and counter top.:D

Sexist pig. :p
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2008
    I can hear Jeff Foxworthy now................
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »

She's probably getting a well-deserved and needed new set of drawers, too.

Nikolas, glad no one got hurt this time, but ...... never an excuse, no such thing as an "accidental discharge".

Been through Hunters Safety courses with all my kids, and enjoyed it every time.
    After each time, I'd emphasize one thing; if I ever see a barrel pointing in my direction in the woods, the person doing the pointing is going to be in a world of ****.

Thanks for sharing those photos and possibly setting yourself up for abuse. It's always good to be reminded of "What Can Happen".

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    I'm GLAD no one was hurt. BUT, it could of been worse. He COULD have been sitting on the couch. Facing a brand new 70" PLASMA!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Damn man you showed that fridge who is boss.
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2008
    I had a friend in AZ who thought a 9mm was unloaded, he had the tip of his left index finger over the barrel when he pulled the trigger... he lost 4mm off his fingertip and put a hole through the ceiling and roof -- goofball.
  • nikolas812
    nikolas812 Posts: 2,915
    edited February 2008
    ROFl look at the third picture..the dog in the reflection is in the bedroom like "im getting outa here before i get blasted"..

1 question though. what were you doing with the shotgun? i know you said he was checking to see if it was loaded, what was the trigger pull for? "well i pumped the ejector and nothing came out..so JUSSSSST to make sure it wasn't loaded i pulled the trigger"?

someone referred to taking some NRA firearms safety classes. you responded that you have handled firearms for many years and don't think you need them. i would ask you to reconsider because it shows that just because you've handled firearms a long time doesn't mean you understand how they operate. if none of you thought to at least just visually to check the chamber..i'm still kind of afraid for your safety and the people around you.

when i unload my handgun every night, no matter how many times i do it and no matter how POSITIVE i am there's nothing in the chamber..i will never ever just pull the trigger.

1. It was my dad that did the shootin

2. Ironically he was getting rid of all of his guns because he don't use them anymore.

3. I don't know exactly why he pulled the trigger. Maybe he didn't want to leave it cocked.:confused:

4. He was aware of the chance he was taking and pointed the gun in a some what safe direction before pulling the trigger. He wasn't just waving it around and pulled the trigger. I guess in the back of his mind if it only took out the fridge and not a person that would be OK.:confused:

5. I know there is no excuse for any of this and every gun should be treated as if it was loaded. But its just so weird though.... The guns have never been touched in years and my dad has NEVER kept a loaded gun in the house EVER. We still can't figure out why it was loaded.

6 And yes the dog was scared shitless for quite a while.:D
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    I cant wait till you get a new fridge delivered and have to explain to the delivery people what happened to yours.

You should keep the fridge door and hang it in the garage.
  • sophie
    sophie Posts: 511
    edited February 2008
    i had a science teacher that had worked at a funeral home and he would tell us stories about it. he said there were two kids that decided to play cops and robbers after school one day with there dads guns. one of them accidentally shot the other with a shotgun from accost the room and later shot himself before anyone els got home.
    Polk monitor 10B's and 5 jr's
    Adcom gfa 5500 and HK/240
    Adcom gtp 400
    Adcom gcp 600
    MusicHall MMF 2.1 TT
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Damn man you showed that fridge who is boss.

I was thinking the same thing. We had some a$$hole decide he was going to check if his M-4 was clear by pulling the trigger in the Arms Room once....Good thing we had blanks in, but he didn't walk out of there without a limp...**** happens, I'm glad no one was hurt.
  • Music Joe
    Music Joe Posts: 459
    edited February 2008
    nikolas812 wrote: »
    Come to find out, the shot gun has a intermittent problem with chucking out the shells. He just forgot....

Pops been forgetting things more and more lately? Glad none were hurt.
    True story to lighten the mood...

My Pops-in-Law called yesterday to jaw a bit...he says "I took my hearing aids out because they kept beeping, and even though I opened the battery doors they still beep... about every minute."

So I says..."you got a smoke detector around you somewhere?" "Go ahead and get 9 volt battery out so when your daughter comes over at lunchtime she can install it."

My wife comes home that night and says..."You know what Dad did?" "I get there and he shows me these hearing aids on the table and says listen even though the battery doors are open these will still beep.......sheesh :rolleyes:

He's not senile or stupid nor really more forgetful than average...something in a very elder brain hardwires for very focused train of thought.
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2008
    Glad no one was hurt.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited February 2008
    Dad says, I told ya to stay outta my cheesecake..................;) Glad everyone is okay.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    Dad says, I told ya to stay outta my cheesecake..................;) Glad everyone is okay.

Haha.:D Thats funny. Ironically I buy a cheesecake every time I go grocery shopping.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    Been there...done that. Got an hole in my back...one in my side...no kidney...and a slug to prove it.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • george daniel
    edited February 2008
    Shack,, you're not kidding,,are you?
  • shack
    edited February 2008
    I can honestly say no I have not, and never will.

A properly trained individual will never have that happen to them, its not like a car accident where you are only 50% in control of what could possibly happen..you are 100% in control of the situation and if it happens YOU screwed the pooch with nobody else to blame.

Glad to see nobody was injured.

Yes...you are wrong about this. I KNOW FIRST HAND!

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shack
    edited February 2008
    Shack,, you're not kidding,,are you?

Nope.

• george daniel
    edited February 2008
    Damn,, I don't know what to say,,I guess luck was on your side.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Here's Your Sign!
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • shack
    edited February 2008
    Damn,, I don't know what to say,,I guess luck was on your side.

More than you might imagaine. The rest of the story (or part of it anyway)...

I grew up around lots of guns. I lived next to a rifle and pistol range and was a Jr. Marksman. I had an uncle that I spent a lot of time with who was a lifer in the Air Force and all he did for 20 years was shoot 30-06 at 1000 yds as a member of the AF competivie shooting team. He was a sniper as well.

As a kid I had two accidental discharge incidents with guns...and I knew all of the rules and was careful and bad things still happened.

The serious one was when as a freshman in HS, I was laying out of spring football practice (We were working out with weights in the dreaded "Hole"). My best friend next door called me up to his house to show me the new snub-nose 38 Special revolver his dad had just bought. He pulled it out and was waiving it around and I could see the tips of the bullets in the cylinder. I told him to put the gun up and turned to walk out of the room. The next thing knew was that something has happened....I turned around a there was my friend holding the holstered, smoking pistol. I felt my side and pulled back a bloody hand. I said something like "My God, you shot me!", walked out of his house to mine told my mother to take me to the hospital (she couldn't -someone else had to drive). I should be dead or at least paralysed. The bullet hole in my back from the 38 is directly on top of my spine. The doctor said because of the angle of entry a it missed the spine by the smallest possible fraction. It went through my liver and exploded the kidney. The blood from my side was the exit wound. I came within minutes of bleeding to death and my heart stoped beating in ICU. Another miracle was that the owner of the gun had just the day before taken out the hollow points and put solid jacketed rounds it the gun. The hollow points would have shattered my spine and if that didn't kill me the mess inside would have.

Lucky?...more like blessed.

• george daniel
    edited February 2008
    Blessed it is,,:)
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    That's exactly why we use FMJ at the range, jagged edge hollow points otherwise.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • nikolas812
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »
    More than you might imagaine. The rest of the story (or part of it anyway)...

I grew up around lots of guns. I lived next to a rifle and pistol range and was a Jr. Marksman. I had an uncle that I spent a lot of time with who was a lifer in the Air Force and all he did for 20 years was shoot 30-06 at 1000 yds as a member of the AF competivie shooting team. He was a sniper as well.

As a kid I had two accidental discharge incidents with guns...and I knew all of the rules and was careful and bad things still happened.

The serious one was when as a freshman in HS, I was laying out of spring football practice (We were working out with weights in the dreaded "Hole"). My best friend next door called me up to his house to show me the new snub-nose 38 Special revolver his dad had just bought. He pulled it out and was waiving it around and I could see the tips of the bullets in the cylinder. I told him to put the gun up and turned to walk out of the room. The next thing knew was that something has happened....I turned around a there was my friend holding the holstered, smoking pistol. I felt my side and pulled back a bloody hand. I said something like "My God, you shot me!", walked out of his house to mine told my mother to take me to the hospital (she couldn't -someone else had to drive). I should be dead or at least paralysed. The bullet hole in my back from the 38 is directly on top of my spine. The doctor said because of the angle of entry a it missed the spine by the smallest possible fraction. It went through my liver and exploded the kidney. The blood from my side was the exit wound. I came within minutes of bleeding to death and my heart stoped beating in ICU. Another miracle was that the owner of the gun had just the day before taken out the hollow points and put solid jacketed rounds it the gun. The hollow points would have shattered my spine and if that didn't kill me the mess inside would have.

Lucky?...more like blessed.

Whoa!:eek: