Policeman beats woman BAD!

Comments

• Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2008
    No symapthy for drunks. Too intoxicated to listen and act accordingly...too bad.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • petrym
    petrym Posts: 1,912
    edited February 2008
    What's that Ron White quote? "Now at that point I had the right to remain silent... but I didn't have the ability."
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Frank Z wrote: »
    No sympathy for drunks. Too intoxicated to listen and act accordingly...too bad.
    Funny you should mention that. Her attorney says she wasn't drunk. Now, whether or not she was drunk or not is to be determined but what if she wasn't? Meeting someone "uncooperative" is something officers endure often and I'm sure that her "uncooperativeness" was mild compared to real criminals.

As for the too intoxicated to listen and act accordingly...too bad? You are "legally" drunk after one beer and even drunks have rights. The right not to lose two front teeth and a broken nose, that is. If this were my wife and something like this happened at home and was caught on video, would you not want to kill me for abusing a woman? For Christ's sake, she was handcuffed. How much of a danger could a handcuffed woman be to an armed officer?

If I understood correctly, there is supposed to be a news conference today that will [in theory] shed some light on what happened.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    brettw22 wrote: »
    at 1:18, is the cop smiling when he gets up and starts to walk to the door?
    I never noticed that. It sure does look like he's smiling. Interesting.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 931
    edited February 2008
    Hey I am not saying the officer was doing anything wrong or beat her up, but if you have to be handcuffed by the Police, you better listen to what they are telling you.
  • bikezappa
    bikezappa Posts: 2,463
    edited February 2008
    No symapthy for drunks. Too intoxicated to listen and act accordingly...too bad.

Does that apply to girl friends and wifes?
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    While I support law enforcement, drunk or otherwise, reasonable force should be exercised. Looks to me someone got carried away, and that is NEVER right.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    She was drunk driving, right? She got of lucky, she should have gotten much worse.

+1000000!

Dont drink and drive, problem solved.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2008
    This thread is getting political.

We are making up or suggesting new laws:
    1. Cops can now arrest, convict and punish
    2. Save tax money

My father was a cop for 20 years and what that cop did was WRONG.

Hope your child never drinks and drives and gets picked up by that cop.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited February 2008
    Exactly. No matter how emotionally charged this is, some things are unacceptable. Cops are not judge and jury.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    actually, if my kid was ever drunk driving, I hope they'd get that cop.
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2008
    Since my wife isn't a drunk and my daughter is only 12...yes it applies. Take your hypothetical crap elsewhere and stay on the subject. Saw this story on the news and it was reported that she was drunker than 10 Indians. Of course her lawyer is going to claim she wasn't! You expect him to come out and say she was shitfaced and deserved it.

If we're really gonna open this can of worms...it is all her fault. Assuming that the news reports are correct and she was drunk...who's fault is that? The cops? Her mommy and daddy made her go out drinking? ****! She made her choice and and if the end result was that she took a beating cause she was acting the part of a drunk....she oughtta get another one.

Some of you people amaze me! you think that a drunk should get treated differently cause they are drunks? Hell no. Drunks and drug addicts are scourge of society and need to be treated as such. One of the most important lessons that I try to teach my kids is that there are three things are inseperable. Responsiblity, Authority, and Accountability. You cannot have any one of those without the other. Wanna be a big kid and go play? Be prepared for what follows.

Obviously there's more to the story than what was on the video tape and I'm as guilty as all of YOU for jumping to a conclussion.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2008

Some of you people amaze me! you think that a drunk should get treated differently cause they are drunks? Hell no. Drunks and drug addicts are scourge of society and need to be treated as such. One of the most important lessons that I try to teach my kids is that there are three things are inseperable. Responsiblity, Authority, and Accountability. You cannot have any one of those without the other. Wanna be a big kid and go play? Be prepared for what follows.

Obviously there's more to the story than what was on the video tape and I'm as guilty as all of YOU for jumping to a conclussion.

I am a diabetic and low blood suger can cause me and any diabetic to act like a drunk. I have read stories, don't know if they are true, where cops have bet up people with low blood suger. Acting or even being drunk and stupid doesn't allow a cop to beat up some one. We are a nation of laws. And that's the law. And a women cop should be there in that room with that women not a male cop. The facts are there, unless the video was a joke and lie, she was beat up by a male man.
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2008
    ! you think that a drunk should get treated differently cause they are drunks? Hell no. .

The law is that we are all to be treated the same way when arrested.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    One of the most important lessons that I try to teach my kids is that there are three things are inseperable. Responsiblity, Authority, and Accountability. You cannot have any one of those without the other. Wanna be a big kid and go play? Be prepared for what follows.

And I do believe, Frank, that most of us agree with your approach and those who are responsible with kids should pass that attitude on to their kids.

I would suggest, though, that the same principles should apply to that cop.

Once the barefoot, 140 pound female is handcuffed (behind her back), she is then in his custody.
    That makes him 1000 % responsible for her safety and well-being.

He may not like her attitude, he may not like her language, he may not like her hair style, he may not like her skin color.
    Doesn't make any difference.

He is responsible for her safety and well-being.
    Sal Palooza
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    And I do believe, Frank, that most of us agree with your approach and those who are responsible with kids should pass that attitude on to their kids.

I would suggest, though, that the same principles should apply to that cop.

Once the barefoot, 140 pound female is handcuffed (behind her back), she is then in his custody.
    That makes him 1000 % responsible for her safety and well-being.

He may not like her attitude, he may not like her language, he may not like her hair style, he may not like her skin color.
    Doesn't make any difference.

He is responsible for her safety and well-being.

I really do not know what happened, I'm not commenting either way, but he was trying to get her to sit down after he cuffed her. If she wouldnt do and happened to fall flat on her face, thats not his problem. It wouldve been prevented if she wouldve just sat down.

Thats all IF her face was messed up because she fell on her nose.

BUT, if he hit her, then hell yes, lock his **** up and throw away the key.
    -Cody
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Anybody here think that maybe this injury happened at :42 seconds into the video?

She swings around violently, you hear a "thud" and I'm thinkin' maybe that's when she broke her nose, bruised her lip and cut her forehead. This could explain why her nose was bleeding 1 minute into it.

Now, if that is the case wouldn't that injury look worse after a couple of minutes and once the blood got enough pressure to the area "something" like a ruptured blood vessel for example popped, releasing the blood?

This tape is not the entire recording either. Why would the police release just parts of it? That I don't understand. You would think that they would release the entire tape for PR reasons or if the officer had severe wrongdoing, they wouldn't release anything. :confused:

I have yet to find any follow up on this and I haven't heard any word about yesterday's supposed news conference either.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    I watched the video in HD on my TV, as it was on the national news last night. Seeing the clear video, she seemed completely responsible for her problems. The cop looked like he was being a jag and probably got what was coming to him by being fired, but I hardly feel sorry for her. The chief of police also stated the cop followed protocol in his news conference last night.

She made her bed and had to lay in it.

The 'what if' queries are wrong in this case. If a cop is telling me to do simple things, like being asked to leave a room, I am going to comply.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    If he followed protocol, why was he fired?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »

Look at her face.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    That's a pretty bold statement of the chief saying that the officer was following protocol IMO. Usually protocol doesn't yield an end result of a detainee being sent to the hospital.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    You know what? That's a damn good question.
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Look at her face.
    It doesn't matter what she looks like if the department says he followed protocol. The department should back and indemnify him if that's the case.

I would not want to work for that department.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Demiurge
    edited February 2008
    It doesn't matter what she looks like if the department says he followed protocol. The department should back and indemnify him if that's the case.

I would not want to work for that department.

This isn't directed at you, but there's a lot of crap that gets posted here lately and people just pull things out of their **** when it comes to reactions to stuff, especially news events.

Opinions are one thing, but learning some factual information about a case is pretty easy with just a little bit of research.

The chiefs statement pertained to those who were freaking out about the camera being turned off. As if it's some sort of conspiracy. There were numerous violations comitted by the officer, which is why he was ultimately fired. I never once said that the chief claimed that the cop didn't do anything wrong. If you'd read or watch the statement, you'd know exactly why he got fired.
  • Face
    edited February 2008
    This isn't directed at you, but there's a lot of crap that gets posted here lately and people just pull things out of their **** when it comes to reactions to stuff, especially news events.

Opinions are one thing, but learning some factual information about a case is pretty easy with just a little bit of research.

The chiefs statement pertained to those who were freaking out about the camera being turned off. As if it's some sort of conspiracy. There were numerous violations comitted by the officer, which is why he was ultimately fired. I never once said that the chief claimed that the cop didn't do anything wrong. If you'd read or watch the statement, you'd know exactly why he got fired.
    I didn't have a chance to see the news conference last night. This is what I was basing my opinion on.
    I watched the video in HD on my TV, as it was on the national news last night. Seeing the clear video, she seemed completely responsible for her problems. The cop looked like he was being a jag and probably got what was coming to him by being fired, but I hardly feel sorry for her. The chief of police also stated the cop followed protocol in his news conference last night.
    The 'what if' queries are wrong in this case. If a cop is telling me to do simple things, like being asked to leave a room, I am going to comply.
    You'd be surprised to know how many people have a problem complying with simple orders.
  • treitz3
    edited February 2008
    Well, it turns out that this woman is one hell of a "character".

http://www.shreveporttimes.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080220/VIDEO/80220030/1084/VIDEO

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=4315734

EDIT: The above links are the statement from the Shreveport police chief and an interview from the woman that was broadcast on ABC.
  • bikezappa
    edited February 2008
    Thanks Treitz for those links.
  • Mike Kozak
    Mike Kozak Posts: 931
    edited February 2008
    well the po po put a beat down on this stupid drunk, she did not listen to what she was told to do.....I feel real bad for her
  • mrmusicman
    mrmusicman Posts: 303
    edited February 2008
    What do you tell a woman with 2 black eyes?

Nothing.....she's allready been told twice. :eek:
    Outlaw 990 Processor
    Outlaw 755 Amp
    Denon 2900 dvd-sacd
    Dishnetwork HD-Dvr
    55" Sony LCD RPTV
    Lsi 9-fronts
    Lsic-center
    Rt55i- surrounds
    Velodyne cht-10 sub

2007 Dodge Quad cab
    Kenwood Excelon KDC-X891