Which components do you recommend?

2»

Comments

• MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    Thats impossible to say. It depends on your speakers, your car, your interior, your musical tastes, your amps........you get my point. Youre just going to have to work on it til you get it to where YOU think it sounds best.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • JoshParsons84
    JoshParsons84 Posts: 565
    edited February 2008
    Man I'm still totally lost on how to do this. Sorry.
  • MacLeod
    edited February 2008
    So was I when I first started out. Just jump in with both feet. Youll eventually figure it out.
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • JoshParsons84
    edited March 2008
    I'm starting to get frustrated. It seems like everytime I'm able to save a hundred or so, something keeps coming up. Should I go ahead and get the MOMO's or should I just be frustrated with what I've got and keep TRYING to save for the SR's?
  • 1996blackmax
    1996blackmax Posts: 2,436
    edited March 2008
    I would suggest that you go for the SR's..... you will end up wishing you went with them in the end.
    Alpine: CDA-7949
    Alpine: PXA-H600
    Alpine: CHA-S624, KCA-420i, KCA-410C
    Rainbow: CS 265 Profi Phase Plug / SL 165
    ARC Audio: 4150-XXK / 1500v1-XXK
    JL Audio: 10W6v2 (x2)
    KnuKonceptz
    Second Skin
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited March 2008
    At the same time.......if you can't afford it, you can't afford it..........and unless you're going to plan on living in your car, make sure your other ****'s handled before you even consider putting money into car audio.........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • JoshParsons84
    edited March 2008
    No it's not that. My bills and all my personal stuff is always handled, even before I get payday. It's just that I don't do anything during the week but go to work and come home. Easy to save money then. But...on the weekends (that I don't get my son) it's always bar hopping and titty bar hopping. LOL I can't say no to when my cousin calls me up and says "Hey man let's go shoot some pool and then go to the titty bar". I just don't, for some reason, have it in me to say "Man I really can't afford to go to the bar AND save money for my speakers". I'm trying to have the willpower to say "no" but it's hard LOL. Take last night for instance. We went to this strip club called Lady Godiva's. I figured I could try to save money because they have pool tables there also. Well pool there was a dollar in quarters per game. They had $1 specials on Bud Light bottles, so we ended up drinking probably a case of beer just in that. Not to mention when you're fully ready and shitfaced the stripper/waitresses come by with their $2 shooters of Jagermeister and you do 4 or 5 of those plus drinking 2 Long Island Iced Teas. You know after all that's said and done, oh yeah you have to tip the strippers too. And after you've done all that in a matter of 4 or 5 hours you've forgot all about saving money for speakers in your car. So I guess I need to put my priorities in perspective. Sorry for rambling on I guess I'm still kinda half drunk :D
  • eloplayspolo
    eloplayspolo Posts: 1,117
    edited March 2008
    No it's not that. My bills and all my personal stuff is always handled, even before I get payday. It's just that I don't do anything during the week but go to work and come home. Easy to save money then. But...on the weekends (that I don't get my son) it's always bar hopping and titty bar hopping. LOL I can't say no to when my cousin calls me up and says "Hey man let's go shoot some pool and then go to the titty bar". I just don't, for some reason, have it in me to say "Man I really can't afford to go to the bar AND save money for my speakers". I'm trying to have the willpower to say "no" but it's hard LOL. Take last night for instance. We went to this strip club called Lady Godiva's. I figured I could try to save money because they have pool tables there also. Well pool there was a dollar in quarters per game. They had $1 specials on Bud Light bottles, so we ended up drinking probably a case of beer just in that. Not to mention when you're fully ready and shitfaced the stripper/waitresses come by with their $2 shooters of Jagermeister and you do 4 or 5 of those plus drinking 2 Long Island Iced Teas. You know after all that's said and done, oh yeah you have to tip the strippers too. And after you've done all that in a matter of 4 or 5 hours you've forgot all about saving money for speakers in your car. So I guess I need to put my priorities in perspective. Sorry for rambling on I guess I'm still kinda half drunk :D

SCHMUCK!
    2013 Toyota Prius
    Audible Physics 3 Way: H6MB, AR3-A, AR2.0
    Image Dynamics iDMax 12" D2v4
    (2) Alpine PDX-V9 Bridged, Alpine PDX-M12 (500w Mid-Bass, 200w Mid, 200w Tweet, 1200w Sub)
    Mosconi 6to8 v8
  • JoshParsons84
    edited March 2008
    Why do you say that? I don't type all this and post these to be bashed. This is a forum - an online place for people to chat. If you're gonna be a basher you don't have to be in here.
  • MacLeod
    edited March 2008
    Nobody can answer that for ya dude. If get a lot of pleasure out of great audio, and can afford them, then do yourself a favor and get as good a gear as you can swing. However if you like good tunes but dont want to break the bank then get the Momos. You get what you pay for and the more expensive SR's will sound noticeably better than the cheaper Momos.

• cgarnes
    cgarnes Posts: 6
    edited March 2008
    As a dealer for Polk I will say this. When we picked up Polk Audio our Alpine rep bragged! about the fact that he thought the Type X line sounded every bit as good as the MOMO Classic line. The MOMO line! There is an obvious price difference there in the Polk's favor. That being said, if you can get better midbass performance and a ring radiated tweeter with a GORGEOUS crossover for less money that the SR line take it. Run home and make love to it. But I don't think you will find a better speaker for the price. The SR line is awesome.
  • JoshParsons84
    edited March 2008
    I just gotta learn to save money, but I think I can swing it and I'm going to.