Millionaire Matchmaker

exalted512
exalted512 Posts: 10,735
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
My fiancee was watching this today on the Bravo network...and its pretty funny in a sad, messed up way.

Basically, this lady is the 'millionaire matchmaker' and gets these rich guys who cant get a date on their own, whether they keep to themselves or theyre so stuck up and full of themselves, no one can stand them and matches them up with a room full of girls looking for a guy with deep pockets.

Disgusting.
-Cody
Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
Post edited by exalted512 on

Comments

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Seriously? You think that's bad? How about 'Parking Wars'? HOW sad is your life when they can make a reality show that makes tow truck drivers EXCITING!?
    I think the evolution of entertainment has PEAKED and we are on the DOWNSLOPE bigtime!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2008
    Well, you gotta look at it from a millionaire's perspective. They are accustomed to buying everything, so why not buy themselves a date? It's certainly convenient. Dating is expensive nowadays, so the matchmaker may actually save time and money over the long run. Hell, if you were a millionaire, wouldn't you love to walk into a room full of beautiful women and choose any girl you like?

Let's face it, whether they'll admit it or not, most women are very interested in marrying a man for "security" which means he's gotta have some money (or at least more than she does). So there's no blame for either of the sexes.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    yet we wonder why the divorce rate is so high?

I dunno, I guess I can see where theyre coming from, but talk about gold diggers....
    -Cody
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    I don't have problem with the concept. It's the fact that they made it a reality show.
    Like EVERYTHING else. I was watching some show on MTV awhile back-(another reality show) and it was some kid whose family had relocated to New Zealand, and her new classmates were commenting that their ONLY exposure to the U.S. is shows like 'Laguna Sunrise' and reality tv.
    It just digusts me that the whole world is under the perception that we're ALL these self absorbed AHOLES!
    Sorry for the rant
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    At least both sides are honest adn know what they're getting into. Usually gold diggers pretend they're in it for love when they're in it for money.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Seriously? You think that's bad? How about 'Parking Wars'? HOW sad is your life when they can make a reality show that makes tow truck drivers EXCITING!?
    I think the evolution of entertainment has PEAKED and we are on the DOWNSLOPE bigtime!

Yeah but Parking wars mostly seems to take place in Philly and you gotta have spent some time in Philly to understand the "Parking Wars" concept. People from New York City have told me that the parking situation in NYC is no where near as bad as Philly. They have the stupidest rules and regulations and I think something like 30% of Philly's income comes from parking tickets.

Alot of the show seems to center around University City in Philly and that was where I went to school and I did my best to not get tickets and still over 5 years, I managed to rack up close to a grand in parking fines because some parking enforcement cop got me with like one minute to spare. I even walked up on one that was filling out the ticket while she was waiting for my meter to expire in a minute and a half. I was in the car and starting to pull away and she walked in front of my car to stop me and handed me a ticket. I put up a huge fight and ended up going to court over it. Got the ticket thrown out but still, gigantic inconvenience.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    Sorry for ripping on 'Parking wars'. Didn't know ALL the facts. Sounds to me like they got some serious budget issues. What friggin' WEASELS!
  • exalted512
    edited February 2008
    I loved the meter fairy on Jackass...
    -Cody
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Sorry for ripping on 'Parking wars'. Didn't know ALL the facts. Sounds to me like they got some serious budget issues. What friggin' WEASELS!

Oh, no, rip on it all you want, I don't care. I just wanted to point out that there is a decent premise for a reality show there. I can't stand the show and the only reason I have ever watched it is because I recognize some of the places that they are filming at...well, pretty much all of the places. Still, it's a novelty. The show is not really all that entertaining.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited February 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Hell, if you were a millionaire, wouldn't you love to walk into a room full of beautiful women and choose any girl you like?

NEWSFLASH: You definitely do not have to be a millionaire to be able to walk into a room full of beautiful women and choose any girl you like. Any "average" guy can walk into a brothel, cash in hand, and take his pick.
    Let's face it, whether they'll admit it or not, most women are very interested in marrying a man for "security" which means he's gotta have some money (or at least more than she does). So there's no blame for either of the sexes.

True. However, when you marry for money you earn every penny anyway. There is also the (additional) loss of dignity, self respect and self esteem that comes from knowing you are only an expendable playtoy. So sad.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • Early B.
    edited February 2008
    NEWSFLASH: You definitely do not have to be a millionaire to be able to walk into a room full of beautiful women and choose any girl you like. Any "average" guy can walk into a brothel, cash in hand, and take his pick.

I was making reference to the TV show. That's what this thread is about. But, of course, guys don't go into a brothel to find a date and eventually take her home to meet Mama.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    I was making reference to the TV show. That's what this thread is about. But, of course, guys don't go into a brothel to find a date and eventually take her home to meet Mama.

I agree.

I was just making reference that all the show is doing is dressing up prostitution. The women on the show are putting themselves up for sale nonetheless. ;)

I guess there's nothing wrong with dressing it up...as long as both parties have no delusions about what is really going on. :p
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008

You aren't supposed to do that?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    You aren't supposed to do that?

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

BL,

That only applies to the ones you meet in brothels or plying their trade on the street. If you meet the same type woman on a reality show, in a bar, or at the mall, then of course, it is ok to "date" her and it is also ok to take her home to meet mama.:)

I trust this clears up the confusion.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    DK,

What about the ones you meet in the middle of a pitched battle who throws a grenade at you? Is that a good sign? :)
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    BL,

That only applies to the ones you meet in brothels or plying their trade on the street. If you meet the same type woman on a reality show, in a bar, or at the mall, then of course, it is ok to "date" her and it is also ok to take her home to meet mama.:)

I trust this clears up the confusion.

Gotcha....so the next time I'm at a brothel and she tells me she loves me I can take her home to mama? :p

Kidding......The only place I take those ones are to the Walmart parking lot because I don't have a place of my own yet. I make sure I wear my stained jeans and stained black tshirt too so she doesn't get any ideas about wanting to come back. :rolleyes:
  • Early B.
    edited February 2008
    Let's be even more clear -- regardless of where you meet them, they're only after your money (or the potential you have to make some). What else do you have to offer? Hell, they ain't interested in your speakers. ;)

• BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Let's be even more clear -- regardless of where you meet them, they're only after your money (or the potential you have to make some). What else do you have to offer? Hell, they ain't interested in your speakers. ;)

Probably not the speakers but definately the tube.....
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    Kidding......The only place I take those ones are to the Walmart parking lot because I don't have a place of my own yet. I make sure I wear my stained jeans and stained black tshirt too so she doesn't get any ideas about wanting to come back. :rolleyes:

See? It's no wonder there are so many lurkers on our forum who are afraid to join in on our little discussions. Here were are having a nice chat about how to pick up a nice gold diggin' **** to take home to mama and you wanna go picking on poor Ron.:p
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    See? It's no wonder there are so many lurkers on our forum who are afraid to join in on our little discussions. Here were are having a nice chat about how to pick up a nice gold diggin' **** to take home to mama and you wanna go picking on poor Ron.:p

I'm sorry DK, we were talking about ****, brothels, prostitutes, etc....I figured it was only right that I integrated Walmart and their fantastic wares and policies into the thread as well since they seem to go hand in hand.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited February 2008
    nms wrote: »
    DK,

What about the ones you meet in the middle of a pitched battle who throws a grenade at you? Is that a good sign? :)

I think it depends on the cultural background of the combatants. In some cultures, a pitched battle is a form of mating ritual. In those cases, the female throwing a grenade is just playing hard to get.
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    Damn, this guy has an answer for everything! Thanks for the advice, I need to locate some heavy artillery... Anybody have a spare howitzer? :D
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Any girl that throws a frag grenade at you is definately a keeper. Get yourself an nice retired Abrams tank and you're all set.