Resolution Evolution?

obieone
obieone Posts: 5,077
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
Heard about this when visiting Tweeter today. I'm glad I didn't pull the trigger on an upgrade to 1080P:rolleyes:

http://www.technologyreview.com/Nanotech/17973/
I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
Post edited by obieone on

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2008
    **** stole my idea!!!

"But Novalux, a company in Sunnyvale, CA, found that adding a crystal of lithium niobate to a gallium indium arsenide laser would boost its light output and change its wavelength from infrared to the red, green, or blue that are the building blocks of color displays."
  • MrNightly
    MrNightly Posts: 3,370
    edited February 2008
    Wonder what the price tag will be on these fella's... Maybe it'll make the 1080p more affordable for me! :D
    Honoured to be, an original SOPA founding member
    Stuff...

RTi12's - front
    CSi5 - center
    FXi3's - surrounds
    RTi4's - surrounds
    SVS PB12-NSD/2 - sub :D:D:D
    Denon 3805
    Rotel RB-985 5-Channel Amplifier

• obieone
    edited February 2008
    The guy @ Tweeter said there's only like 2 or 3 in the entire U.S., and that they'll be around $8500.00? but who knows for sure. I just wish the technology ould settle the F out. People are REALLY gonna get burnt out with this constant upgrade stuff.
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    The guy @ Tweeter said there's only like 2 or 3 in the entire U.S., and that they'll be around $8500.00? but who knows for sure. I just wish the technology ould settle the F out. People are REALLY gonna get burnt out with this constant upgrade stuff.

Amen Brother Amen.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited February 2008
    Gotta keep coming out with new **** so they can keep finding ways of charging 10 large for sets again.............

I can't even imagine the repair costs involved in replacing one of my 72 laser modules......wonder what the costs of the extended warranties will be on those suckers........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    It's SCARY that someone who is buying a 60" plasma for $5k this year, will be doing the same again in 3 years! I'm NO treehugger, but it seems wasteful even to me.