Oulaw Cables

Steve@3dai[email protected] Posts: 983
edited December 2002 in Electronics
Has anyone tried the Outlaw Audio cables? They are a reasonable price, just checking if they are any better than my current Monster 400mkII interconnects.
LSi 9/C/FX
Arcam AVR-200
Post edited by [email protected] on

Comments

• mantismantis Posts: 15,407
    edited November 2002
    I didn't even know they made cables...I bet you gotta buy them on line only.........I don't believe in doing that,thats just me.I like to at least hear,touch,smell,taste,see.experience the given product before I pull my wallet out.

I just looked over your gear dude.Nice stuff.I don't know about these Outlaw cables you speak about,but I do know Monster.You should checkout M950i for interconnects and M1.4s bi wires for your speakers.Front 3 at least.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Steve@3dai[email protected] Posts: 983
    edited December 2002
    The M950is and M1.4s bi-wire are on my list. I got a big cut in salary, so spending is at a standstill :(

I agree with listening to the cables first!
    LSi 9/C/FX
    Arcam AVR-200
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,694
    edited December 2002
    Once again, check out MIT cables.....good stuff!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,031
    edited December 2002
    They look very nice. If they have the 30-day retun policy I say go for it.

My Monster speaker cable turned deep green in spots. I don't know if the interconnects would do this, but if they did it would be gradual and you'd never see it.
    Make it Funky! :)
  • jmierzurjmierzur Registered User Posts: 489
    edited December 2002
    Outlaw cables do not have a 30-day return policy.

The Outlaw cable properties that interest me include:

1) OCC copper
    2) twisted pair construction
    3) full copper shield
    4) locking RCA connectors (??)

I tried an OCC cable (Harmonic Technology, Precision-Link), but found the price/performance ratio too high (for now). If the Outlaw cables are anything like the HT I tried, they should be a nice addition to your system.

I am currently using AR Master for two-channel and AR Pro for the HT channels. I find the price/construction/performance ratio for the AR's to be excellent. These will be used until I upgrade or build cables for the two-channel portion of my system.
  • MxStYlEpOlKmAnMxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    Ya'll ARE INSANE!!!!!!!!! HOME DEPOT SALES 12 GUAGE WIRE - 100 ft EVEN! FOR ONLY LIKE 30 BUCKS!!!!! ARE YALL EFFIN KIDDING ME!!!!???????!!!!!!!!!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,694
    edited December 2002
    NO, I AM NOT KIDDING YOU!!!

I welcome you to do a shoot out with your 12 gauge, oxidizing everyday, wire vs. my MIT cables and then tell me that I'm kidding you. I think when you have a little more experience with audio that you will agree, wire does make a difference, just as all the other gear in a set up does.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• MxStYlEpOlKmAnMxStYlEpOlKmAn Posts: 2,116
    edited December 2002
    lol i know it does, I'm just saying when you spend like 100+ for wire I find that insane! It changes alot in a speaker, and right now I have 16 guage home depot - and I have put so much through them the tips of the wire have liked changed to a darker color -- newayz I will be upgrading to 12 guage wire, and i'm sure the difference will be big, but who knows - dont care, as long as it plays loud, has detail, sounds like its suposed to, im cool with it! LOL!
    Damn you all, damn you all to hell.......
    I promised myself
    No more speakers. None. Nada. And then you posted this!!!!
    Damn you all! - ATC
  • jmierzurjmierzur Registered User Posts: 489
    edited December 2002
    MxStYlEpOlKmAn, if you are like content with your effin wiring, be happy.

This thread was started by asking a question regarding a product. If you have constructive input, please share your knowledge.
  • gidrahgidrah Posts: 3,031
    edited December 2002
    This is also a thread about interconects (RCA plugs) and not speaker wire.

While there is a cost concern, I can testify to the upgrade of sound vs upgrade of $. It's a fine line, but worthy of investigation. An extra $100 on cable/wire will have a much larger impact than $100 +/- on most speakers or amps within a manufacturer.

Make it Funky! :)
  • phuzphuz Posts: 2,413
    edited December 2002
    Let me know what you find steve. I am just as interested as you are in finding some good cables for a good price. If you find some localy (at audio systems) I'd be interested in hearing the results.