1,000,000 Miles...CHEVY Silverado

2»

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Remember I had mentioned earlier that the Heating and A/C control unit went bad? Well, when I went into the dealership and inquired about getting another one, I was told that it would be $387.00 plus labor to get a new control panel.

Deoxit to the rescue. I added some Caig Deoxit and deoxit Gold to the sliders in the control panel and now the unit works again flawlessly. Total cost = $0.00 because I had some anyway. I love this stuff.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • AndyGwis
    AndyGwis Posts: 3,655
    edited February 2008
    I'm at about 110,000 in my Acura CL. Bought with 40K in 2003, so 70K in 4.5 years. New transmission (covered under warranty), some AC maintenance, bunch of new tires, and some brakes is all I've really had to put into it.

However, I've been warned that the timing belt needs to be replaced soon. Anyone know how much that should run me? Should I go to the dealership to get it done, or elsewhere?
    Stereo Rig: Hales Revelation 3, Musical Fidelity CD-Pre 24, Forte Model 3 amp, Lexicon RT-10 SACD, MMF-5 w/speedbox, Forte Model 2 Phono Pre, Cardas Crosslink, APC H15, URC MX-950, Lovan Stand
    Bedroom: Samsung HPR-4252, Toshiba HD-A2, HK 3480, Signal Cable, AQ speaker cable, Totem Dreamcatchers, SVS PB10-NSD, URC MX-850
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Remember I had mentioned earlier that the Heating and A/C control unit went bad? Well, when I went into the dealership and inquired about getting another one, I was told that it would be $387.00 plus labor to get a new control panel.

Deoxit to the rescue. I added some Caig Deoxit and deoxit Gold to the sliders in the control panel and now the unit works again flawlessly. Total cost = $0.00 because I had some anyway. I love this stuff.

Curious... was this a Silverado?
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Yes.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    Treitz3,

Ugh.... one of the sliders back-light led's burnt out on my Silverado heater. I think I'd have to replace the module to fix it.