Computer posting rage

Comments

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    You're right! I didn't get cake at all. If I did I would have liked it filled with chocolate mousse! But I did get chocolate truffles, so that made up for it!!!:D
    tonyb wrote: »
    Man,someone didn't get the right filling in her B-day cake.:p
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    You're right! I didn't get cake at all. If I did I would have liked it filled with chocolate mousse! But I did get chocalate truffles, so that made up for it!!!:D

Well????......Did you bring enough for EVERYONE in the class?:confused:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    cfrizz wrote: »
    Sorry Jake, but nobody should have to go through an initiation just to post on the web.

Why not? We do it here. Dont we almost require and initiation to buy or sell something? Isnt a 25 post minimum a type of initiation? Or is it just an initiation that is suitable to you?
    It's not having a thin skin that's wrong, it's that people decide that they don't have to treat others with decency & respect due to the annonimity of the web.

And , right or wrong, you and I have that right to decide to be nice. Just as I have the right to leave and the mods have the right to bann me IF they dont want that on their site.
    I bet most wouldn't do it if they had to do it face to face & risk a broken jaw.

I bet most still would. In school, in politics and at home.

What about, someone feeling they shouldnt have to go through bootcamp to become a soldier? Should the military and the government, just say ok, you dont have to do it. Or how about becoming a fraternity member, should it be as easy as a sign up?

If I dont have the right to allow someone to prove themself to belong to my group or a group I belong to, or the right to even tease them, then we are really in trouble. I'm not saying I am the type of person to say or do those things, but I dont want to lose the right to do it. Hurting someones feelings is not illegal, nor should it ever be.

As easy as the internet bulley can pick a fight, the victim can exit out the website. The internet is a public network. And everytime we put out words on the network, they become public and someone will comment. Just like we are doing now. And I hope it stays that way. I rather have it, the way it is, with the bulleys, then be policed at every click of the mouse.

Who to say what offends who and who is to punish who. Just cause its wrong doesnt mean it needs to be stopped or punished. We have the right to be wrong.

And of corse this happens everyday, in real life. The only difference is that in real life, the incedent happens, then passes. The sad part about it happening on the net, is that it doesnt pass, because its logged. Its there for everyone to see, for a very long time.

When my son came to me at the begining and said that there were a few comments made about his game play, I told him to blow it off, its just a game and that sooner or later you will beat them, OR, quit. I am happy to say, he did not quit.

The game indcedent happens then passes , just like life. Maybe it was a bad example, but in some ways it is similar.

I told everyone this, because if a 12 year old can blow it off, adults should too.

There is a big red X at the top right hand side of the screen. You dont like what people are saying, click it.

Other wise, I feel this will get out of control. And people will start being punished for other people opinions.

I posted the above not meaning physical harm to anyone. But the right to be nice. And the opposite. We cant walk around and start punishing the meanies, just cause they are mean.
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008
    jakelm wrote: »
    I told everyone this, because if a 12 year old can blow it off, adults should too.

Jake, you are assuming that adults are more mature than your 12 year old. This may be a poor assumption.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Zero wrote: »
    It hasn't been said yet so what the hell - who captured of the image of Russ in full bore counter strike attire?

Haha :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited February 2008
    I've already been posted before.....
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited February 2008
    stfu newbs or I will pwn u!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited February 2008
    Leeerrrrrroooyyyyyy Jeennnnkkkiiinnnnssssss
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Jake, you are assuming that adults are more mature than your 12 year old. This may be a poor assumption.

As proven by yourself many times..........trying to initiate things with other members. Think about it before you cast the first stone. I myself am guilty of acting less than my age sometimes.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    Question: At what extreme does bullying go beyond the norm? A girl in the midwest committed suicide over bullying from an adult. Far left bloggers are constantly trying to crash FNC's website, and resort to conspiracy theories that emotional traumatize the surviving victims of 9/11.
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Fine Jake if you feel people have the right to bully someone on this board, don't get upset if the victims report them to the mods & they find themselves temp. banned for such behavior.

Again, this is about bad manners, lack of respect that no one has/should put up with. And along with the right to leave a board that the bullies don't own or control the victim also has a right to report when being unduly harrassed simply for being a newbie.

As for the FM it was a free-for-all until Justin rightfully cracked down on the offenders & instituted a smart 25 minimum post limit. There was a lot of moaning & groaning & then people got over it & the FM is a healthy much nicer place to do business in & thriving.

The owners of this board are fully cognizant of some people choosing to be Aholes which is precisely why they & other moderated boards have put a "Report this post" button in the forum.

Those that feel that it is censorship are also free to leave!

SteveinAZ said it best... "I've seen far more heavy-handed forums, such as GlockTalk, where cursing, lewd posts, etc., is not allowed, and can get you banned in short order. Why? there's alot of women shooters, and it's done out of respect for the women on the forum. In short, "manners." The issue isn't about limiting freedom speech or anything like that, it's just (as I see it) about mutual respect for other forum members.

Remember the old saying: "There's a time and place for everything."
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    Nevermind. Its just not worth the keystrokes.
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited February 2008
    Agreed. And, your post is consistant with the harassment and bullying that this thread is titled - proving my point entirely. Of course, winning an argument is silly for already mentioned reasons.

My post; what drugs are you on. My post is consistant[sic] with harassment and bullying :confused::confused:. You apparently have a huge need to win said argument(s) because you always have to have the last word and usually it's taking a pot shot at someone else. Try winning an argument on merit for once.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Isn't the internet made for fighting in a virtual world to keep the violence off the streets? I mean seriously, imagine how many fights certain members would get in real life for some of the conversations on here? Especially those that resemble furry little creatures I catch in snap traps.
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Try winning an argument on merit for once. H9

H9, save it for the cable debates (or, the olympics).
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    H9, save it for the cable debates (or, the olympics).
    This is a perfect example of what he is talking about. Final word/pot shot/no merit.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    treitz3 wrote: »
    This is a perfect example of what he is talking about. Final word/pot shot/no merit.
    Why doesn't everyone else put him on ignore already? Let him talk to himself since that appears to be the only person he has any credibility left with.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    Face wrote: »
    Why doesn't everyone else put him on ignore already? Let him talk to himself since that appears to be the only person he has any credibility left with.

Its because the majority of people who post replies enjoy enjoy being internet bully's and flock together like sheep!!!
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Its because the majority of people who post replies enjoy enjoy being internet bully's and flock together like sheep!!!

I enjoy being a henchman.

Pays well, benefits are pretty good, ....... can't say much about the hours, but ...... ooooooh, the babes !

Show 'em your Henchman Badge, and it's all over except for the shouting !!

:rolleyes:
    Sal Palooza
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    I find it HILARIOUS that skarvan and CL35 are sitting here trying to take the virtual 'high road'.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    Glad I could help provide amusement. Please leave a quarter in the tip jar as you exit the bar.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited February 2008
    A quarter?

I wouldn't piss in your pocket if your balls were on fire.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    A quarter?

BDT

I don't care who ya arrrrrrr, that's funny right thurrrrr.

:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    Troy, I can assure you that you do NOTHING to raise the temperature of my balls. Thanks for the thought though.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    You need to put that silly trumpet over your head and go away for a little while....seriously.
  • rskarvan
    edited February 2008
    BaggedLancer, I'm going to take your advice. But, only because you asked nicely. Buh-bye for a little while.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Keiko wrote: »
    Quite the little instigator, isn't he?

It really blows my mind at the stupidity level of some people. Especially some of those triple my age. People always tell me the older you are, the smarter you get.....welll that's BS is some cases.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Keiko wrote: »

Illegitmus Non Carborundum

;)

Sorry I only speak English. :(
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    This place is so much more pleasant with Ron on ignore :). You guys should try it.
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    TroyD wrote: »
    A quarter?

BDT

You know, I've been around awhile, but I've never heard that before.

And, upon further review, I must say

THAT'S FUNNY !

Storing that in the mental archives for future use.

:D
    Sal Palooza