Funny things you can do during a drug test....

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
....without failing it or being disqualified?

So I have to take a drug test at 3:45 today and was wondering if anyone has done any funny things before taking theirs?

Personally I think the urine tests are ridiculous, and they should all be hair folicle tests(like my last one), so I figure might as well make it interesting since I'm going to be ingesting a pot of coffee before I go in.

I already took extra multivitamins today so that should make it "glow" so to speak, anyone else have any suggestions? I thought about asking the nurse on duty after she hands me the cup where the dirty magazines are......
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    add to the smell and eat asparagus....that's always a smell...

and why are you to take so many drug tests...?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Smoke weed.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    When I was in a facility that required drug testing I filled the cup with apple juice. I went up to the nurse, and said here is that urine test you asked for. She said she didn't ask for a urine test, so I drank it. She looked sick:D
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Willow wrote: »
    add to the smell and eat asparagus....that's always a smell...

I thought about that, but we have no asparagus and the smell makes even myself nauseous
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    Willow wrote: »
    Yeah, why all the tests? Why don't you just go ahead and confess? :p
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »
    When I was in a facility that required drug testing I filled the cup with apple juice. I went up to the nurse, and said here is that urine test you asked for. She said she didn't ask for a urine test, so I drank it. She looked sick:D
    That's awesome! LOL
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Make sure you don't eat bagels with poppy seeds, or you'll not pass.

Not a joke.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    I get tested for work
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Make sure you don't eat bagels with poppy seeds, or you'll not pass.

Not a joke.

Damn I just ate a cup of poppy seeds.....kidding.

Yes I know, and I don't eat bagels so I'm OK.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    ben62670 wrote: »

Hey, if they're not gonna use it, put it back and save it for later, right?
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • pmckeealaska
    pmckeealaska Posts: 808
    edited February 2008
    Welcome to 1984. Big brother. How ridiculous.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    Rotel RB 1080 2-Channel Amp
    NAD T763 Reciever
    Denon DVD 2900 Universal Player

Audiosource 10 Band Digital Equalizer
    Audioquest CV-8 speaker cables
    Audioquest Sub-X subwoofer cables
    Audioquest King Cobra Interconnects

Monster AVS 2000 Voltage Stabilizer
    Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited February 2008
    Welcome to 1984. Big brother. How ridiculous.
    I wouldn't call that 1984. I'm glad they do drug tests for certain jobs, especially government job.

As far as Walmart testing BaggedLancer, that's a little over the edge. :D
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • pmckeealaska
    edited February 2008
    The problem with these tests is that they cant test for whether or not someone is on drugs at the job. Most of these tests are looking for pot since it is fat soluble and stays in the body for much longer than other illegal substances. It's noones business what folks do in their own home. This is an invasion of privacy pure in simple until they come up with more time sensitive tests.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited February 2008
    The devastation that a "false positive" can cause for an individual is nothing to joke about. I wouldn't be looking for any funny things to do before or during any activity like no ****, career on the line, drug testing.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    It's an invasion of privacy but at the moment it's voluntary - as in the government isn't forcing you to do it to gte ANY job, it's just a qualification for employment at a SPECIFIC job. While I don't agree with it in principle - it assumes that everyone who does drugs has something wrong with them or can't perform a task or will be high on the job, which is blatantly untrue - I agree with an employer's right to set standards for his employees.
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited February 2008
    There's no law requiring any private employer to do drug testing. If you don't like your current employer, go find another one. Big brother? Nah, big whiner is more like it.
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited February 2008
    drink a big rockstar a couple hours before.
  • pmckeealaska
    edited February 2008
    I'm not whining about anything. I have a good job and have worked hard to get it. I dont do drugs, but that is irrelevant to my point. Until they can make tests that can tell if a person is using on the job, the whole concept is BS. What someone does in the privacy of their own home should be irrelevant. And yes, I realize the reality of the situation, but that doesnt make it right. 200 years ago slavery was perfectly acceptable, but that didnt make it morally just. Same deal here, just not as extreme.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2008
    Big brother means big government. However, the only remedy to your complaint is actually more government interference -- namely, laws prohibiting private employers from using drug tests.

If I want to hire someone to cut people's hair, you can be damn sure that I want the right to drug test that person, considering the fact that if he comes into work one day all drugged up and cuts off someone's ear, I'm the one who'll be paying millions of dollars in damages. If my employee doesn't like it, he can work for someone else.

Complaining about the lack of a time sensitive drug test is one thing. Whining "big brother" is a completely different thing. Morals? That's funny. If I enter into a private agreement to pay someone for work as long as they are drug free, I'm the one with messed up morals? Please...
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    B
    If I want to hire someone to cut people's hair, you can be damn sure that I want the right to drug test that person, considering the fact that if he comes into work one day all drugged up and cuts off someone's ear, I'm the one who'll be paying millions of dollars in damages.

Wow, there's a warped view of the world.

The same could be said of someone who drinks - if they come into work drunk one day they'll slice of someone's ear, I don't see any companies prohibiting drinking during personal time.

Way to buy into the "anyone who does drugs is an out-of-control addict" mentality.
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2008
    Drug tests aren't in place to prevent people from doing drugs on their personal time. They are in place to prevent employees being in the workplace with the SIDE EFFECTS from using those drugs.

Do you honestly think if you came into work drunk everyday you wouldn't get fired? You're not drinking "on the job" so it's ok since you drink during your personal time right?
  • pmckeealaska
    edited February 2008
    All excellent points Phantom. Of course you have a right to have drug free employees, but in my opinion that should only apply to while they are on the job. Just because someone smokes a joint on the weekend doesnt mean they are drugged up while on the job. Thats my only point. Clearly employers can do whatever they want and ask whatever they want of their employees. I'm not challenging that. It's just that there is no way to test for on the job drug use and until and unless that day comes, the whole concept is flawed in my opinion.
    Music and Movie Rig

Samsung 40" HDTV 1080p
    LSi25 Front Speakers
    LSiC Center Channel
    LSiFX Surrounds
    NAD T763 Reciever

Playstation 3 120GB Slim
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited February 2008
    Go #2 in the cup versus #1 if they don't specifically state "urinate in the cup".
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    I completely agree - but you can just as easily tell if someone's high as if they're drunk when they come to work. All drug testing is doing is testing if you ever do something, not if you're irresponsibly going to do it at work.

(I still support an employer's right to test for drugs, by the way, I just would never work for an employer who does. And no I am not a drug user.)
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2008
    There are tons of jobs out there that require ALOT more than just being drug free on your personal time. People are prohibited from doing plenty of LEGAL things where special circumstances in the workplace make it necessary or financially safer. If its ok for a professional football player to sign a contract saying he won't ride motorcycles why is it so outrageous for someone else to sign a contract saying he won't do drugs?

I do understand your point, but I just don't see the gravity of it. I think its pretty safe to say that MOST employers don't drug test just because of the added cost. Where's the fire?
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    wth happened my thread.....

As for drug testing...I don't care...I don't do drugs, so no big deal to me. What confuses me is first time around they had me do a hair folicle test which goes wayyyyyy back and tests for everything, now a urine test? I would have though the next step would be to drain my blood and test that.

jflail....I thought about doing #2 in the cup, and with the way my stomach has been lately it would be just about the right consistancy.
  • PhantomOG
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    All drug testing is doing is testing if you ever do something, not if you're irresponsibly going to do it at work.

Which says what exactly -- that the test is not as precise as we would like, or that our government is flawed? That's my point.

Sorry for the derail :p
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    haha no worries for the derail I was just trying to have some fun. Pee tests are a waste of employers money, there are so many products that can get stuff outta your pee it makes no difference anymore. Not to mention sometimes getting away with using someone elses urine.

Hair and blood is the way to go, it's attached to you, and you only, there is no way to play around with it.
  • bobman1235
    edited February 2008
    Pee tastes are a waste of employers money...

Eewwww..
  • BaggedLancer
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Eewwww..

Woops:p:p:p:p

The mention of pouring apple juice in the cup then drinking it.....