We are all being ripped off

2»

Comments

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    in one of our guest rooms we have a 19" samsung lcd. There is no cable hookup in that room, I am using an FM antenna that came with one of my avrs, I am able to get OTA HD and the pic is very nice, even "nicer" cause it's free.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited February 2008
    I'm right at 50 miles from the DFW transmitters and I pick up all the major locals OTA with an antenna in my attic. I do have satellite, too, but there are times I like to watch TV and times I don't. I ave satellite and like most of the programs like others mentioned....TLC, History, Discovery, etc, etc. I don't subscribe to the HD channels though. Not enough that I care to see.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Kris Siegel
    Kris Siegel Posts: 309
    edited February 2008
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    When was that? My family had cable since 1968, it has never been commercial free in that time period.

Well I wasn't alive back then but I've had family and friends tell me they had ad-free cable a very long time ago. I could very well be mistaken though.
  • PeteTy
    PeteTy Posts: 13
    edited February 2008
    terminator sarah conner chronicles this week(2/27/08) 41:38 =1hr

burns&allen 26:41 (1950) =1/2hr although the excized commercials are more what we now call product placement they were more worked into the show

alfred Hitchcock has the lead in to the commercials in the vids so thess shows come out a bit longer some of his lead in as good as the shows..
    twilite zone(with rod S) has a sponser at the beginning and the midle and an alternate sponser at the end

hogans heros 1965 26:38= 1/2hr or 53:16= 1hr
    uk vs usa vs soap may be involved here so perhaps accuracy is in doubt
    the avengers 1965 b/w emma peel 51:54=1hr
    the avengers 1966 color emma peel 51:15 =1hr
    the avengers 1967 color tara king 51:11
    the new avengers 1976 purdy and gambit 50:33

stargate sg1 season 6 2002 42:12
    stargate sg1 season 10 2007 unending e20 41:41
    stargate atlantis season3 41:41
    stargate atlantis season4 ep18 this week a 2 parter ends with a "to be continued" no next week scenes so maybe shorter than 42:58 on the clock

stargate also has a recap at the begining to show how they got there

so in short eithier you guys are paranoid ...

or

the effect of commercials have tolerance like drugs where it takes more and more of them to have the desired effect.

"desired" being the watchword (sponser and viewer would have the same desire)