18-1

shack
shack Posts: 11,154
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
GOOD JOB GIANTS!

Way to go ELI!

No history for the Pats.
"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
Post edited by shack on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    That was amazing!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited February 2008
    I started saying F the undefeated season a LOOOOOONNNNNG time ago. I wanted a SB.
    THAT'S ALL!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    Man, even thought the Pats played great, the Giants just played even better!
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    Man, even thought the Pats played great, the Giants just played even better!

Pats played great? I seriously hope you are joking.......
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited February 2008
    Great Game for sure..awesome defense on both sides...Manning pulled it off for sure.
  • Polk user
    Polk user Posts: 311
    edited February 2008
    WOW...

What a game!!!!!!! My heart rate was way up the whole game.

P.S. The commercials were the worst I have ever seen.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited February 2008
    The halftime show stunk as well.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    The Pats didn't play particularly well. The Giants had something to do with that. Brady hasn't had that kind of pressure all year. Manning played well but his line took care of him. That scramble on the last drive was impressive.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Fourth quarter was great; the rest of the game sucked.

I'm glad that Eli and the Giants won!!!!!

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    I knew they scored with TOO much time left for NY.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited February 2008
    Giants D played smash mouth football upfront,

Eli, while not his best game, showed chanpionship calibre in that last drive in the clutch.

the Giants deserve it big time, and this from a Jets fan

Good Job Jints, good job
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Well going into the game and just wanting to see a good game, it was.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • obieone
    edited February 2008
    Well, Miami is probably happy too!
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited February 2008
    Crazy Game. I'm happy for the Giants and there fans. Hell of a game.
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Well, Miami is probably happy too!

That's the worst part of the Pats losing.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • ledhed
    ledhed Posts: 1,088
    edited February 2008
    HELL YES!!!! Eli recovering from that coverage was simply amazing.
    God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. - Romans 5:8
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    I'm surprised the Pats went for the big plays on the last drive instead of going for field position to tie the game ...
  • MacLeod
    MacLeod Posts: 14,358
    edited February 2008
    I cant believe this game. The Patriots play their worst game of the season in the Super Bowl?! Tom Brady sacked like 15 times. Not only that but his aim was WAY off. Missing receivers by a mile. And what was with those 70 yard pass attempts in the last drive?

What sucks most is that after winning more games than any other team in the history of football, they wont get any credit for it. Miami who won 1 less than the Patriots still go down as the "perfect" team.
    polkaudio sound quality competitor since 2005
    MECA SQ Rookie of the Year 06 ~ MECA State Champ 06,07,08,11 ~ MECA World Finals 2nd place 06,07,08,09
    08 Car Audio Nationals 1st ~ 07 N Georgia Nationals 1st ~ 06 Carl Casper Nationals 1st ~ USACi 05 Southeast AutumnFest 1st

polkaudio SR6500 --- polkaudio MM1040 x2 -- Pioneer P99 -- Rockford Fosgate P1000X5D
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited February 2008
    The Pats couldn't play well cause the Giants D were all over them. I don't want to hear about Brady's ankle, they played like **** or whatever kind of excuse they can come up with. They just got beat, plain and simple.

Give the Giants all the credit in the world for this win!
    No excuses!
  • sterling bug
    sterling bug Posts: 228
    edited February 2008
    mvp should have went to the Giants defense. Manning was great in the 4th quarter but the Giants won because of their defense.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »
    I cant believe this game. The Patriots play their worst game of the season in the Super Bowl?! Tom Brady sacked like 15 times. Not only that but his aim was WAY off. Missing receivers by a mile. And what was with those 70 yard pass attempts in the last drive?

What sucks most is that after winning more games than any other team in the history of football, they wont get any credit for it. Miami who won 1 less than the Patriots still go down as the "perfect" team.

There were 4 games this year where the Pats should have gotten beat, but their execution was better. This was the 5th game and the Giants execution was better.

It was a defensive battle and that was the Giants game plan. Eli came up in clutch situations and the rest is history. I'm so glad they beat them, becuase I was sick of hearing how they couldn't be beat. Sucks for Pats fans, but hey, I have been listening to them all season.
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited February 2008
    mvp should have went to the Giants defense. Manning was great in the 4th quarter but the Giants won because of their defense.

MVP should have gone to Wes Welker. Even though his team played like crapo and they lost, he was pretty impressive and now holds the record for most receptions in a Super Bowl. The Pats would have been out of it from the start if it wasn't for Welker.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited February 2008
    To me it looked like the Pats lost because they didn't try to establish any kind of running game. Maybe that's how they played all year. I didn't follow them but it allowed the Giants to rush Brady all night and it affected his game.

The last pass from Eli was a masterpiece.
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Pats lost the game 90% because of the Giants pass rush. Just so much pressure on Brady.

And then... man... all week I been saying that Eli would be the thing that killed the Giants, that he'd choke... but he totally played great. That one play where he broke two tackles and made a huge throw downfield won them that game.

And now I'm done with sports for a while. That loss was heartbreaking. Just because there was so much talk and buildup, so much history riding on it.... then a loss like that. Just crappy.

Congrats jints.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited February 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    MVP should have gone to Wes Welker. Even though his team played like crapo and they lost, he was pretty impressive and now holds the record for most receptions in a Super Bowl. The Pats would have been out of it from the start if it wasn't for Welker.

I couldnt agree more. Kid is a bad ****.

I wanted to see them go undefeated and I'm very disappointed. I guess no one informed the Pats o-line that there was a game today.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    Pats lost the game 90% because of the Giants pass rush. Just so much pressure on Brady.

And then... man... all week I been saying that Eli would be the thing that killed the Giants, that he'd choke... but he totally played great. That one play where he broke two tackles and made a huge throw downfield won them that game.

And now I'm done with sports for a while. That loss was heartbreaking. Just because there was so much talk and buildup, so much history riding on it.... then a loss like that. Just crappy.

Congrats jints.

Mayor Menino is the only person to blame for this loss.
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited February 2008
    I'm by no means a big football fan, but I still like to get together with friends for the big games. Usually I'm very disappointed with Super Bowl and usually find the commercials to be the highlights. But tonight I must admit that I thoroughly enjoyed that game. Talk about a nail biter. To top it off...I personally thought the half-time show was pretty stinkin' good. Petty sure beat the crap out of the poppy shows of recent history. And you have to admit that he still sounds really good considering his age, and lifestyle.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2008
    MacLeod wrote: »

No, the 1985 Bears won as many games, and more importantly they won the Super Bowl.

I was sick of hearing how the Pats perfect season would somehow be better than the Dolphins because they won more games. That's total BS, they would have been there side-by-side as the only perfect teams. You can't beat a perfect record, you can only tie it. That's of course had the Pats had a perfect record.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    I got a bad feeling driving to pick up my dad.

Came up quick on a MA Statie, in a Charger. The tag was 666
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited February 2008
    That Tyree play/catch was pretty impressive.

The NY defense did do a very impressive job of pass coverage/pass rush.