Super Bowl commercials

2»

Comments

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Overall they were pretty weak....predictable. Halftime was terrible...Tom Petty WAS popular...when I was in high school :rolleyes: Should be talent from the same decade or so as the game.

Luckily , the game kicked **** :D
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    I hate Tom Petty's song, "American Girl".
    I have always hated it.
    I will continure to hate it.
    I will, in the future, strive to hate it at an elevated level.

Tom Petty's style of music was poorly suited for a half-time show.
    My son-in-law commented that, "You know, they ought to have Ozzy play some time at the Super Bowl".

:) He knows I'm a Sabbath/Ozzy fan, but .......... "Supernaut" would kick "American Girl"'s **** any day of the week, and twice on Superbowl Sunday.
    Sal Palooza
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    Anyone else notice the pretty appealing Toshiba HD DVD commercial? Even with it dying they are still trying to resurrect it......

Amazing how blu ray does little to no advertising and sitll gets the support they do.
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,845
    edited February 2008
    Overall they were pretty weak....predictable. Halftime was terrible...Tom Petty WAS popular...when I was in high school :rolleyes: Should be talent from the same decade or so as the game.

Luckily , the game kicked **** :D

2X
    amazing what companies will pay for crap ads....... and Tom Petty was...
    same as the ads...crap.........a big step backwards for both ads and the halftime show........i mean really Tom Petty

thank God the Giants made to all worth it :D
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    I dunno, I'd rather have Tom Petty than Prince or any of the other crap they've had in the past 5 years. He kept all his clothes on and didn't lose his dignity like the Rolling Stones did. :)
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    I thought Petty was pretty good. Would you guys rather listen to Britney or some other pop nonsense?
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    I thought Petty was pretty good. Would you guys rather listen to Britney or some other pop nonsense?

Only if she had a wardrobe malfunction......then again she is used and abused......
  • markmarc
    markmarc Posts: 2,309
    edited February 2008
    The AB ad of the dog training the horse was my favorite followed by the Audi Godfather ad. Had Richard Simmons been run over that would have won.

Whatever happened to the Coke vs Pepsi ads????

I'll take Tom Petty over 99% of the crapola out there today. Besides its guys in their mid30's and older who are buying the tickets.
    Review Site_ (((AudioPursuit)))
    Founder/Publisher Affordable$$Audio 2006-13.
    Former Staff Member TONEAudio
    2 Ch. System
    Amplifiers: Parasound Halo P6 pre, Vista Audio i34, Peachtree amp500, Adcom GFP-565 GFA-535ii, 545ii, 555ii
    Digital: SimAudio HAD230 DAC, iMac 20in/Amarra,
    Speakers: Paradigm Performa F75, Magnepan .7, Totem Model 1's, ACI Emerald XL, Celestion Si Stands. Totem Dreamcatcher sub
    Analog: Technics SL-J2 w/Pickering 3000D, SimAudio LP5.3 phono pre
    Cable/Wires: Cardas, AudioArt, Shunyata Venom 3
  • nms
    nms Posts: 671
    edited February 2008
    Had Richard Simmons been run over that would have won.

Haha, the whole room I was watching with was screaming for Richard to get run over, we were quite disappointed. :D

The Audi one had me laughing just because it was so unepxected - how often do you wake up with the front end of a car in your bed?
    My system

"The world is an ever evolving clusterf*ck." --treitz3
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    Only if she had a wardrobe malfunction......then again she is used and abused......

Yeah no thanks on that one. You can do a quick GOogle search and see as many wardrobe malfunctions with her as you want....
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited February 2008
    The BEST commercial was the T-Mobil ad with "Sir" Charles and D Wade. 'effing hysterical. Guess you have to like pro basketball to enjoy that one.

I enjoyed the half-time show. Much better than Prince IMO.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited February 2008
    I loved the Tide commerical with the talking stain. Couldn't stop laughing. I also liked the Bridgestone one where the animals are screaming a la Bud Lite style. Classic.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    I actually found myself watching the game and ignoring the ads...cause most of them sucked. I also watched (and liked) the Petty halftime show. Much better than some of the crap that has been trotted out on stage over the last few years. I'll take Tom Petty over 99% of todays so called "rockers".
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    edited February 2008
    Don't really care for Tom Petty's music but you have to respect a guy who can go to the Super Bowl show freeballin' after all the ruckus about wardrobes in the recent years.
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    markmarc wrote: »
    Besides its guys in their mid30's and older who are buying the tickets.

Throughout the season, they play more AC/DC and Ozzy during the games then all the others combined....I think the 20..30..40 amd 50 somethings would find that a bit more appealing. I mean Back in Black and Crazy Train are basically NFL anthems now.

Don't get me wrong...Tom Petty is fine to listen to ( The video to You got Lucky kicked **** in a road warrior kinda way ) ...there are just better choices for a football halftime is all.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    After watching 20 minutes of that stupid show where OZZY is running around in a tracksuit carrying a foofoo poodle and trying to act more like Ozzie Nelson...I will never, EVER again think of him as any kind of rocker.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »
    After watching 20 minutes of that stupid show where OZZY is running around in a tracksuit carrying a foofoo poodle and trying to act more like Ozzie Nelson...I will never, EVER again think of him as any kind of rocker.

Never caught the show...did hear it was bad though ...something about the dog shitting everywhere ?
  • tbyrne
    tbyrne Posts: 43
    edited February 2008
    The dog seemd more with it than Ol' Ozzie.