A question about Americans Perception of Australia

2»

Comments

• BottomFeeder
    BottomFeeder Posts: 1,684
    edited February 2008
    I've spent some time w/several Aussies and absolutely loved them all! As someone already said, you work hard and play hard. I found Aussies to be very frank and upfront about how they feel. You don't mince words, and that can either get you into trouble or, as it did for me, endear you all to me. I also found them to have terrific senses of humor.

I got to spend about a week w/8 or 9 Aussies and just had a ball.
    "Wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then." Bob Seger
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited February 2008
    Been all over Australia, beautiful women everywhere. Nice sites to see, love the outback and open land. Good food to add up with all of that. Definitely on my good side.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • dragon1952
    dragon1952 Posts: 4,899
    edited February 2008
    Crocodile Dundee is cool, Nicole Kidman is hot but a conceited ****....love Kangaroos and Koalas....love AC/DC....Angus rocks!! Fosters sucks...too bad about Steve Irwin, he was a good guy.... Mel Gibson should learn to keep his mouth shut but I love the Lethal Weapon series...I hate snakes....those footy dudes are tough bastads...but what up with that Hutchence character?
    I've sold lots of guitar related stuff down under on Ebay and met a lot of Aussie guitar players on the forums. I give the country 2 thumbs up!
    2 channel - Willsenton R8 tube integrated, Holo Audio Spring 3 KTE DAC, audio optimized NUC7i5, Windows 10 Pro/JRiver MC29/Fidelizer Plus 8.7 w/LPS and external SSD drive, PS Audio PerfectWave P3 regenerator, KEF R3 speakers, Rythmik F12SE subwoofer, Audioquest Diamond USB cable, Gabriel Gold IC's, Morrow Audio SP5 speaker cables. Computer - Windows 10/JRiver, Schiit Magni 3+/Modi 3+, Fostex PMO.4n monitors, Sennheiser HD600 headphones
  • Poee7R
    Poee7R Posts: 904
    edited February 2008
    Aussies are alright, they dont smell too bad. :p

Actually I like em so much, that I ended up marrying one. And she was kind enough to introduce me to TimTams, honestly any country that has TimTams is good in my book.

Have a good Kiwi friend that lives here in the States. Last year for Christmas we decided to get him something special that would remind him of home and keep him warm on those cold California nights.

So we bought him one of these.
    http://www.muttonbone.com

Dave
    Once again we meet at last.
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited February 2008
    What I learned in school.
    You're surrounded by sharks. Your frogs and snakes are deadly. Most of the country is desert with few habitable parts. You're overrun by rabbits. Australia was a penal colony.

What I discovered as an adult.
    Foster and hot women. Very friendly people.

Almost forgot. The Sydney Opera House rocks.
  • Braddles
    Braddles Posts: 228
    edited February 2008
    I live on the other side of Australia (west coast) from loco. The people from the east coast have the same opinion about us as some of you in the US have about Australia,....... too far away to worry about.

They also dont like us much because our footy team kicks their asses.:D

Id love to go to the US and see the Datona 500 one year.
    Love my sprintcar racing too and would love to follow the "World of outlaws" around for a while.:cool:
    2 Channel
    Amp - Jas Audio Bravo 3.2 set
    Power Cord - Tunami GPX
    CDP - Marantz cd6002 - Audio gd Ref 5 Dac
    Speakers - Tekton Lore,Polk Audio RTA11tl completely refreshed.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Welcome aboard,Loco. Most americans love you guys down under.Beautifull country,friendly people,good seafood,like to have a good time.We never hear much about you,and thats probably a good thing.I know the media beats us up all over the globe,like we are **** germany.In reality though,no different than you.You guys have a way cooler accent though.Stick around,chime in,have some fun,tilt a cold one on us,and welcome again.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • fireshoes
    fireshoes Posts: 3,167
    edited February 2008
    Braddles wrote: »
    I live on the other side of Australia (west coast) from loco. The people from the east coast have the same opinion about us as some of you in the US have about Australia,....... too far away to worry about.

They also dont like us much because our footy team kicks their asses.:D

Id love to go to the US and see the Datona 500 one year.
    Love my sprintcar racing too and would love to follow the "World of outlaws" around for a while.:cool:

I would imagine I'd see you in my hometown of Knoxville, Iowa then!
  • Braddles
    Braddles Posts: 228
    edited February 2008
    Ahh yes!!! The Knoxville Nationals............... One Day maybe.
    2 Channel
    Amp - Jas Audio Bravo 3.2 set
    Power Cord - Tunami GPX
    CDP - Marantz cd6002 - Audio gd Ref 5 Dac
    Speakers - Tekton Lore,Polk Audio RTA11tl completely refreshed.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    I like the girls, and the girls seam to like Americans:) The reefs are nice too.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • Danny Tse
    Danny Tse Posts: 5,206
    edited February 2008
    Elle Macpherson....enuff said.

Will we ever get a Men At Work reunion?
  • bond75234
    bond75234 Posts: 1
    edited February 2008
    I have always perceived of Australia as a country I would truly like to spend some time in. My impression of its citizens is very positive. I believe that Australians are generally a very independent God fearing group, with a sense of freedom and fairness akin to that found in Texas.