A tough 2 months..

steveinaz
steveinaz Posts: 19,536
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
I'd like to ask for some prayers/good wishes. My dad had a very sketchy week right at Christmas, with pneumonia and heart problems--but doing better now; however, mom suffered a heart attack yesterday. She's doing better, but they want to keep her in ICU one more night before moving her to a regular room. Apparently it was a "moderate" heart attack, and the funny thing is she had very strange symptoms. Not your typical HA symptoms. She felt overly tired, and her jaws were hurting--no chest pains, no numbness, no difficulty breathing, etc. Dad took her to urgent care, and from there they suspected a heart attack and sent her to St. Lukes hospital via ambulance.

Like I said, as of this mornings report, she's doing better, but I'll take all the spiritual help she can get.

Much appreciated, in advance.

Steve
Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
Post edited by steveinaz on

Comments

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited February 2008
    Prayers sent.
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited February 2008
    Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family Steve.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited February 2008
    Thoughts and prayers sent.
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited February 2008
    Preyer's sent for the Polk Guru, and his family.
    Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited February 2008
    Prayers goin up.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited February 2008
    My prayers are with you and your family!
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited February 2008
    Thoughts and prayers sent.

RT1
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,675
    edited February 2008
    Peace and healing for your loved ones.
    Sal Palooza
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited February 2008
    Hope everything turns out fine.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Prayers sent....wishing for the best.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited February 2008
    Good thoughts, prayers and best wishes going your way.
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • Frank Z
    Frank Z Posts: 5,860
    edited February 2008
    Done.
    9/11 - WE WILL NEVER FORGET!! (<---<<click)
    2005-06 Club Polk Football Pool Champion!! :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited February 2008
    heiney9 wrote: »
    Good thoughts, prayers and best wishes going your way.

ditto
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2008
    ditto +1
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited February 2008
    Done man I hope for the best.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008
    Hope all goes well for her and the rest of your family as well.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    Payers for both your mom and dad, and all of your family, Steve. I hope they get better soon.
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2008
    Thank you all for your support, you've all got a heart of gold and it is appreciated beyond words...

I got a little more information from my brother Dave; apparently they are rating it somewhere between moderate and severe. She is doing well right now. They put a stent in last light, I don't know if any more will be needed. They won't know for a couple months how much damage has been done, but her prognosis is good. She's dutch/irish which makes her not only hard-headed as hell, but also mean as a snake. Hopefully this will work in her favor. She's one of my favorite people on the planet.

Love you Mom & Pop.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited February 2008
    Hang in there,hope all turns out well
  • Maurice
    Maurice Posts: 517
    edited February 2008
    Praying as I type Bro.
    Everytime I think I'm out, THEY PULL ME BACK IN!!!!!!

Polk 70's,40,30's
    Velo DLS 3500 Sub
    JVC 61" HD-ILA
    Sony DA4ES AVR
    Oppo 981 DVD
    Sony CDP-CX235 CD
    Signal Bi-wires
    AR ProII IC's
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited February 2008
    Sending good thoughts your parents way Steve.

If your mother follows MD's orders & takes her medication she should live a good long time.

My Mom had a severe heart attack with lots of damage & lived for 15yrs after. We didn't find out it was severe until she had a slight stroke several years later. Then the doctor told me the true facts of how bad it was & that her odds of living past 5 yrs with the damage was less than 50%! He said the reason she did is because she followed instructions & took her meds.

Oh FYI for everyone. Women usually DO NOT have typical symptoms associated with heart attacks. My mother's only symptom was shortness of breath when she walked fast. When she went into the hospital for an infection (caused by diabetes) the shortness of breath became worse & thats when the doctors discovered the HA.

They couldn't figure out exactly how long ago she had had it. Mom had said that she had had the shortness of breath for a while!:eek:

But she went on to live for years after so your mother should be fine Steve.

Best of luck with everything.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    Steve, my thoughts go out to you and your family.
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited February 2008
    steveinaz wrote: »
    She's one of my favorite people on the planet.

I'm sure you have told her in the past, just be sure she knows.....it's one thing I regret when my grandmother passed, she told me she loved me, which made me cry, that I couldn't tell her I loved her as well. I know they know, it's just nice to hear.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited February 2008
    Steve,

My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I wish the best for your mother.
    Carl

• BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited February 2008
    good luck to you and yours.

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • cubdog
    cubdog Posts: 835
    edited February 2008
    Steve, all our best to your family. Be strong.

cubdog
    Shuguang Classic S8MK
    Emotiva XDA-2
    Bel Canto M300 mono blocks
    Bel Canto DAC 1.5
    Squeezebox Touch
    Sony SS-M7
    A/D/S L710
  • nadams
    nadams Posts: 5,877
    edited February 2008
    I bet it was a struggle for your father to get her to go to the ER! Best wishes and prayers sent their way.
    Ludicrous gibs!
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited February 2008
    Best wishes in what must be a most difficult time. I hope all turns well.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • steveinaz
    edited February 2008
    Thank you all! Dad called this morning, she's doing well, but they'll know more once she gets with her cardiologist on a regular basis.

Thanks again guys & gals, I really appreciate it!
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited February 2008
    Excellent...things improve one day at a time, hang in there.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.