just when you think terrorists cant get any lower

2»

Comments

• Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    Hey, all I said was don't generalize the actions of a few extremists to an entire group of people.

I fully supported the actions in Afghanistan after 9/11

Did I say anything about an entire group of people or did you? ;)
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    Must not engage......must.....not.....engage......!
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Did I say anything about an entire group of people or did you? ;)

Oh, not saying you did ... read my reply, I even said I didn't think you were in your post. I was just commenting on how we should keep in mind that most people from the middle ease don't approve of what these extremists do.

Just like we would hope that most Iraqi's would realize that just because one or two US soldiers do something screwed up, it doesn't mean that most Americans approve of what they did.

I'll say it again, bring those guys from the video back here and I'll be happy to be the one to light the match on their sorry asses!
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited February 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    Oh, not saying you did ... read my reply, I even said I didn't think you were in your post. I was just commenting on how we should keep in mind that most people from the middle ease don't approve of what these extremists do.

To respond to your point, most Muslims don't say anything. That's the problem. You won't find people here mum about the Westboro Baptist types. It's denounced and all those idiots are doing is saying hateful things. So far they haven't taken to lopping the heads off of anybody. Finding a Muslim to denounce the violence either perpetrated under, or in the guise of their religion is like trying to find a needle in haystack. They're out there, but it's hardly a movement.

So to actually clarify what my position is -- I don't believe the place should be turned to glass or that these types of actions are perpetrated by a large subsection of Muslims, however I do believe many simply don't care. Be it their constant state of fear of speaking out, ignorance, or a real belief that what these extremist sects are doing is right, noble, and just. What you need to do is introduce a civilized and modern society to a newer generation of people. It can be done and it has been done.

I also completely disagree with your multiple statements that these animals should be treated the same way they treated their victims. A bullet in the head is what they deserve, but torturing them is succumbing to the same abhorrent deeds that has most of us so sickened in the first place.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited February 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    But OBAMMA wants to "talk" to these people.Yeah,ok,lets let them in the door to knock down a few more skyscrapers,kill a few thousand more,maybe behead your son or daughter and play it all over the world.Time for talk has long past.Give the decent ones a week to get out and make it a parking lot from the air.Disgusting.

I'm right there with you Tony. Any suspected area of Pakistan that MAY be harboring that piece of filth OBamma should be leveled and then raised. You can't give the decent ones a week to get out because the scum will be right there with them. The "decent" ones and don't think I am not sympathetic to their plight, know where these animals are and are not doing anything to dime them out. They need to go too.