just when you think terrorists cant get any lower

ohskigod
ohskigod Posts: 6,502
edited February 2008 in The Clubhouse
are they f*(king KIDDING me!??!?!

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=paBomb_Fri_1650_Baghdad_market_bombsUD2&show_article=1

figured a good terrorist rant will make us forget about all this banning business
Living Room 2 Channel -
Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
Post edited by ohskigod on

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited February 2008
    Everyone who wants to tear down this country because "We're Bad" and mistreat the rest of the world MAKE ME SICK! Name one other country in the history of mankind that has given as much aid, support, money, time, etc...etc...to people OUTSIDE THEIR BORDERS as the United States of America. Whether it be famine, political, natural disasters, disease...the US is the first to send money, food, equipment and people to help. There is no other country in the world whose citizens give of their time and money to help others as the US. This is not propaganda...it is fact. We are the most charitable giving people and nation on the earth.

And what do we get for it? Most of the rest of the world HATES us...BUT...they sure want to BE us. Any many of our own citizens do nothing but talk about how bad we are and talk about how it's OUR fault when we are attacked from outside our borders and how we deserve the hate we get. I pity those so called "citizens".

I'm disgusted....and I'm done with this thread. It's going to be locked anyway.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited February 2008
    shack wrote: »
    Whether it be famine, political, natural disasters, disease...the US is the first to send money, food, equipment and people to help. There is no other country in the world whose citizens give of their time and money to help others as the US. This is not propaganda...it is fact. We are the most charitable giving people and nation on the earth.

That's a patriotic American's perspective. The growing international sentiment is that America (i.e., its government and large corporations) sucks the blood (i.e., human and natural resources) out of lots of countries, especially "third world" countries, then gives a tiny portion of it back to them in the form of foreign aid. A good thief can always serve as a generous host.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited February 2008
    While I certainly understand being critical of some US policies and international whatnot... I'd love to know how or why some people in America use it as an actual justification for terrorism. In the same breath most of you criticize the Iraq war you essentially say we deserve everything we get because we're so evil. It's mind-boggling. You can either see the reasoning behind BOTH, or NEITHER, but I can't imagine any scenario where you can actually say what terrorists do is actually NOT AS BAD as what we've done in Iraq.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Early B.
    edited February 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    While I certainly understand being critical of some US policies and international whatnot... I'd love to know how or why some people in America use it as an actual justification for terrorism. In the same breath most of you criticize the Iraq war you essentially say we deserve everything we get because we're so evil. It's mind-boggling. You can either see the reasoning behind BOTH, or NEITHER, but I can't imagine any scenario where you can actually say what terrorists do is actually NOT AS BAD as what we've done in Iraq.

Here are some definitions of terrorism: http://www.globalterrorism101.com/UTDefinition.html

Upon reading these definitions, many people around the globe, regardless of race, creed or religion, would consider America to be the greatest terroristic threat in the world.

Americans keep throwing the term, "terrorist" around loosely, but never use it when describing our own actions. Beware of the person who calls you an ****, for he is likely to be a bigger ****.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

• AsSiMiLaTeD
    AsSiMiLaTeD Posts: 11,725
    edited February 2008
    Wow...I'm not going to join the fray, but I think people like wizzy and Early B are way off base...
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    Polkmaniac wrote: »
    Wow...I'm not going to join the fray, but I think people like wizzy and Early B are way off base...

ditto on both counts
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited February 2008
    rskarvan wrote: »
    Doesn't the Bible state that we should LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR and to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK???

Let me know how that works out for you,if someday,some a-hole breaks into your house,kills your family,and you do nothing about it but stand there.Not that I wish this apon you,but you get the point.

People came into OUR house,Killed 3000 members of OUR family,laughed and cheered about it,continue killing OUR family,and you want the rest of OUR family to roll over,turn the other cheek? Nice Ron....real stand up guy you are.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • wizzy
    wizzy Posts: 867
    edited February 2008
    Here's a quick primer on US Terrorist activities in the last 100 or so years:

http://www.doublestandards.org/usmurder.html
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    Early B. wrote: »
    Here are some definitions of terrorism: http://www.globalterrorism101.com/UTDefinition.html

Upon reading these definitions, many people around the globe, regardless of race, creed or religion, would consider America to be the greatest terroristic threat in the world.

Americans keep throwing the term, "terrorist" around loosely, but never use it when describing our own actions. Beware of the person who calls you an ****, for he is likely to be a bigger ****.

Brad...definitions Brad ?

Tell me when we acted in such a way that is remotely on par with extremist.
    People of feeble mind believe this bull........
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • audiobliss
    audiobliss Posts: 12,518
    edited February 2008
    Doesn't the Bible state that we should LOVE OUR NEIGHBOR and to TURN THE OTHER CHEEK???
    The Bible also warns that the government doesn't bear the sword in vain.
    Jstas wrote: »
    Simple question. If you had a cool million bucks, what would you do with it?
    Wonder WTF happened to the rest of my money.
    In Use
    PS3, Yamaha CDR-HD1300, Plex, Amazon Fire TV Gen 2
    Pioneer Elite VSX-52, Parasound HCA-1000A
    Klipsch RF-82ii, RC-62ii, RS-42ii, RW-10d
    Epson 8700UB

In Storage
    [Home Audio]
    Rotel RCD-02, Yamaha KX-W900U, Sony ST-S500ES, Denon DP-7F
    Pro-Ject Phono Box MKII, Parasound P/HP-850, ASL Wave 20 monoblocks
    Klipsch RF-35, RB-51ii

[Car Audio]
    Pioneer Premier DEH-P860MP, Memphis 16-MCA3004, Boston Acoustic RC520
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    wizzy wrote: »
    Here's a quick primer on US Terrorist activities in the last 100 or so years:

http://www.doublestandards.org/usmurder.html

Propaganda bull not even worth my time.I hear France is calling you to come home.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • wizzy
    edited February 2008
    tonyb wrote: »
    Let me know how that works out for you,if someday,some a-hole breaks into your house,kills your family,and you do nothing about it but stand there.Not that I wish this apon you,but you get the point.

People came into OUR house,Killed 3000 members of OUR family,laughed and cheered about it,continue killing OUR family,and you want the rest of OUR family to roll over,turn the other cheek? Nice Ron....real stand up guy you are.

Okay Tony, how do you propose we deal with Saudi Arabia then?

Count the contries of origin here -> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Organizers_of_the_September_11,_2001_attacks

The problem with your argument is if you can kill they guy who killed your family, hey you got my support.

But if all you can do is say "oh gosh, it's some a-hole from the state of Idaho, so I'm going to go bomb the crap out of the entire state of Idaho even though 99.99999% of them had nothing to do with it" then I would disagree with your response.

I'm all for punishing those who directly had a hand on bombing the WTC. Iraq, of course, had next to nothing to do with the WTC bombing.
  • wizzy
    edited February 2008
    Propaganda bull not even worth my time.I hear France is calling you to come home.

Actually it's not, I made sure to reference a site which pretty much tells it like it really happened. Everything there is quite verifiable and accepted as fact - it's just history people in the US prefer not to teach their children.
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    There in lies the problem,because those responsible are members of organizations scattered thruout the globe,in many different countries,SUPPORTED by many so called LEADERS of these countries.You either deal with it over there,or deal with it within our borders.Obviously,you don't care as long as it is not your immediate family,do you?Lets look at it this way.....some dudes cut off your sons head,you know where this dude is,you have the option of throwing a grenade in the house,killing him and anyone else that is there.But the others are either other scumbags or joe citizen.Most likely and not always the case,scumbags hang with other scumbags.Sure,you could call the police,and have the chance he would get away to kill again.So the choice is yours,throw the grenade,or turn the other cheek.I for one,have no problem throwing that grenade.If you do,then you have become what extremist want you to.To live in fear of them.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    Actually it's not, I made sure to reference a site which pretty much tells it like it really happened. Everything there is quite verifiable and accepted as fact - it's just history people in the US prefer not to teach their children.

Oh there are facts in there,distorted none the less.
    Genecide in Vietnam for one......the real genecide happened when we LEFT.And that is a fact son.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited February 2008

The crap on that webpage is anything BUT fact....just because you read it on the internet on some dimestore formatted web page doesnt make anything on there fact. Even the pages header speaks volumes

America: Rogue State
    Adapted from Rogue State by William Blum, the book recommended by Osama bin-Laden.

Weezy, you are coming off like a 19 year old Iraqi with a laptop and a web connection....not a U.S. citizen from Asheville, NC ....you are not going to find anybody on here that wants to discuss these issues .

Lets get back on topic about how low the terrorists stooped or close the thread...one or the other.
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited February 2008
    Maybe it's time for a dress code change, tight jeans and T-shirts only. No place to hide explosives.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »
    Maybe it's time for a dress code change, tight jeans and T-shirts only. No place to hide explosives.

They have the technology for exploding tampons....;)
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    They have the technology for exploding tampons....;)

I needed a good laugh!!!!! Thanks.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • shadowofnight
    edited February 2008
    Talk about a dirty bomb...
  • tonyb
    edited February 2008
    :DCUT IT OUT.......your friggin' killing me over here!!!!:D
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Early B.
    edited February 2008
    Ron-P wrote: »

Now that's an idea we can all agree on!!:p

I'll bet once unveiled, a lot of those women are da bomb!
    (Oops, wrong choice of words.)

• tonyb
    edited February 2008
    Banned.....for not useing PC terminology.:)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    Their ghosts might find it a bit ironical that the country that sold Saddam those chemical weapons and taught Saddam's forces how to use those same weapons then found it necessary to invade Iraq because of the threat of those weapons against the United States (or our allies in the region, the Israelis).

true, we sold them because they were our ally at the time (and we hated Iran like hell). I dont think we had "please use on own people" written on the invoice though, I mean Cmon!! we can argue the semantics on this all day, and both sides would have valid points, I'll concede that, however note I pulled this in the context of Wizzy saying "Bush pulled the WMD's issue out of thin air"
    They might be puzzled a bit by the fact that Saddam had no effective means of delivering those weapons (if still possessed) against the US, and Saddam knew the Israelis would not hesitate for an instant to use nuclear weapons in the event of a chemical attack.

those weapons in a terrorists knapsack would be plenty enough an effective delivery device. Also, while Saddam was not fundamentalist islamic, people who were could have gotten them if they paid enough (granted, if they really existed). If you think for a million years terrorists care about a Nuclear deterrent, you really havent been paying attention.
    Some of those ghosts that are crazy might think they see a connection between Saddam's bold move to move Iraq's oil industry from the US Dollar over to Euro's.

If we did everything for oil, we would have stomped Venezuela into the ground by now, so cmon man, be serious will ya?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    edited February 2008
    Early B. wrote: »

effing amazing :rolleyes:
    Living Room 2 Channel -

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -

• rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited February 2008

Thank goodness Jesus didn't have your attitude!!!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    OMG Ron!!! So let me get this straight. If someone tonight...comes into your house.....kills your wife, kids, dog, cats and fish and sets your house on fire after killing your neighbors that you also hold dear to your heart........

You'd turn the other cheek?

Disclaimer. To the forum moderators, this is just a question and in NO way is a threat, a suggestion of a threat or even so much as a hint of internet ****. It is simply a valid question that I would like to ask this particular member.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited February 2008
    Thought we should be aware of these kinds of demonstrations.

View the pictures below and decide how you really feel about the future of the Western World.

These pictures are of Muslims marching through the streets of London during their recent 'Religion of Peace Demonstration.'
    259ykiq.jpg
    10p58yf.jpg
    14n0mmv.jpg
    r877l1.jpg
    2yo305z.jpg
    eq44f5.jpg
    10865fs.jpg
    33kqjjr.jpg
    jzf7h0.jpg

Why would anyone think that we should be at war with such nice, peaceful Moslems?!

Americans need to know - You need to forward this one to everyone in your address book! These Pictures tell it all!

Muslims have stated that England will be the first country they take over!

These are pictures not shown on American TV or in American Newspapers (as they might help Bush's war on terror), but were forwarded to me by a Canadian Friend who thought Americans ought to know!

(This is an email which I wish to post in this thread, but there must be an easier way)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited February 2008
    Thank goodness Jesus didn't have your attitude!!!
    Ron, as you were saying?
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Bill Ayotte
    Bill Ayotte Posts: 1,860
    edited February 2008
    Those look like folk I would want to meet, maybe have dinner with...:D