OK, need other opinions on this one

2»

Comments

• ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    Jstas wrote: »
    But I can't ignore the fact that friend two works with me and if I piss him off, I would not put it past him to cause problems for me at work. I don't need to lose my livelihood over this .

can't put it simpler bud, if you have to worry about this with a friend, he's not a friend. Friends dont f&ck with a friend's means of eating and paying bills, pissed or not. it's guy code dude.

surround yourself with people that genuinly look out for you. I dont know friend 2 or your relationship with him, so i cant say definitivly wether to cut this guy off or not, but I follow a simple rule,

If a friend, despite bullsh*t and whatnot, is loyal to me when the chips are down (and/or have a disagreement)then he/she stays. IF I think a friend can be disloyal, especially for a stupid reason, he's gone.

I dont have that many close friends, but the ones I have are fiercly loyal to me, and I return that loyalty in spades.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited January 2008
    ohskigod wrote: »
    can't put it simpler bud, if you have to worry about this with a friend, he's not a friend. Friends dont f&ck with a friend's means of eating and paying bills, pissed or not. it's guy code dude.

surround yourself with people that genuinly look out for you. I dont know friend 2 or your relationship with him, so i cant say definitivly wether to cut this guy off or not, but I follow a simple rule,

If a friend, despite bullsh*t and whatnot, is loyal to me when the chips are down (and/or have a disagreement)then he/she stays. IF I think a friend can be disloyal, especially for a stupid reason, he's gone.

I dont have that many close friends, but the ones I have are fiercly loyal to me, and I return that loyalty in spades.

Oh, I agree completely. I'd tell him to get out of my life right now 'cause I don't need this BS but doing that to him on top of his bad feelings towards the situation will only "make Hulk angry." Ya know?

Besides, I was just informed by a friend's girlfriend that friend two has been lying to other friends about me. Thing is that my friends all know that if someone is throwing me under the bus to them, they need to approach me because I would not do that. Well, my one friend is reluctant to come to me apparently because he doesn't want to get caught up in the drama. His girl doesn't want it either but doesn't want me to get hurt so she told me that friend two has been doing it for a few weeks now and not just to them.

I was also just asked by friend two to be a witness at his civil ceremony. He's got some stones, huh?

Anyway, I'm going to let things slide. He'll hang himself with his own rope. I'll be patient and just let it keep going on. I'll witness his ceremony too. When it's done, I'll confront him about all the BS he's putting me through and I'll talk to my boss about it too. Glad my boss is cool. Then I'll tell him to enjoy his new life 'cause I don't want to be in it if that's how he's going to do me. My day started pretty bad but after hearing all of that news, I'm pretty much furious at this point with him.

I mean I'm the only one that still really talks to him and I try to help him when I can and this is how he repays my loyalty and support? Thing is is this guy is in his 30's, has two kids from two separate mothers and you'd think he would have left all the he said, she said drama behind him now? Guess not.
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    you'll find that in life, there's people destined to be a train wreck in life. There's always one "friend" that seems to make every wrong decision they can make to eff up there life path. sounds like you know who your's is. That guy can be a frikkin boat anchor around your neck, but it sounds like you know it, or are on the path to knowing it. this will help you ALOT!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • candyliquor35m
    candyliquor35m Posts: 2,267
    edited January 2008
    1. Maury Povich

2. Dr Phil

3. Cheaters

choose your poison

good luck
  • daniel_paul_
    daniel_paul_ Posts: 189
    edited January 2008
    So we are in agreement. Friend #1 is a good friend. The real problem is what to do about #2. Here is a differentt perspective. Remove yourself from anything #2 is involved in, quietly. If he is at a party, don't go. If everyone including #2 is getting together, find something else to do. Don;t tell anyone why you are doing it. It can be boring for a couple of weeks but everyone will start to miss you and get sick of #2. They will start to avoid him on their own. During that time do the things you have been putting off. The gym, fixing that thing you have been meaning to fix, etc. Eventually your group will start gathering without #2.

At work tell him to keep you out of it but do not push to hard. Try passive avoidance. Be carful with tellinf the boss. Put yourself in his shoes. Would you want to deal with the petty BS of your workers. I know I don't.