1 year smoke free today

2»

Comments

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    madmax wrote: »
    If you are unwilling to spend that money today on an audio purchase then I have lost all respect for you. :p
    madmax

Dont worry some of that went towards the turntable that I bought from Joe.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    Fireman32 wrote: »
    Dont worry some of that went towards the turntable that I bought from Joe.
    Excellent! When I quit I immediately put the total on a credit card. Not much turning back at that point. :D
    Congrats!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,394
    edited January 2008
    That is awesome for all the ex smokers! I am reading this with a lit cig in my hand!
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008
    Congrats on 1 yr!!!!.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited January 2008
    1 year!!

Right on and congratulations on becoming an ex smoker, we knew you could do it.

15 years and counting for me and it's the best thing I've ever done..well maybe not the best but right up there.
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited January 2008
    Congrats on quitting....... eight years here. For what it's worth, the first year was absolutely my most difficult. It has become somewhat easier as time has passed. Absolutely no urge to zig at this point.:eek:
    [
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited January 2008
    Dave,

if a year ago someone would have told me that Dave, AKA Lunger, AKA The Cancer Kazoo, AKA Puff the Magic Dragon, would quit cold turkey and last over a year doing it, I would have laughed in his/her face.

I'm glad you proved me wrong kid ;)

your sounding more like Robert Goulet every day now (inside joke folks)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Sherardp
    Sherardp Posts: 8,038
    edited January 2008
    I never smoked squares, but I can see how this is a huge accomplishment, congrats bro and keep up the excellent work.
    Shoot the jumper.....................BALLIN.............!!!!!

Home Theater Pics in the Showcase :cool:

http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showcase/view.php?userid=73580
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    Good job Dave, the first year is the toughest, but when you hit it you know you have truly made it. I have been smoke free now for just over 15 years, I am still afraid to smoke even one cigar.........believe me if I had not quit I would of been doing the big dirt nap long long ago.

Congrats and keep it going, anyone trying to quit should know you are not giving up anything worthwhile.

RT1
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited January 2008
    Fireman, way to go! I have been smoke free (again) going on 3 months! I have to agree with staying away from alcohol, makes it harder doesn't it!

I quit a few times in my life and have been smoking for over 30 years! My biggest mistake was in 2002, I had just made it to one year without one, go to the bar with the guys and after a few drinks, you got it, lit one up and MAN did it taste good!

This time, I have decided to take the alcoholic approach and that is one day at a time.

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    I was just thinking I gave it up about 7 years ago. Not sure of the exact date. Damn, you know the money saved really has piled up by now. Maybe its time to renew my "non-smoking contract" and let the upgrade bug knaw at me again. After all, it is my money now that I'm not giving it all away every day on smokes.
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Thanks agin for all the kind words everyone. Lou i'm glad I can prove you wrong. Its one time i'm happy to be called a quitter.
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited January 2008
    Originally posted by RT1:
    anyone trying to quit should know you are not giving up anything worthwhile.

Truer words were never spoken!
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III