Too Cold For Well Done Steaks

janmike
janmike Posts: 6,146
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
We are right in the thick of winter here.
Tonight's forecast has the temperature dipping down to -42C with 15 k/m winds.
That puts the "feels like" temperature at -56C or -69F.
There is no way I am staying out too long for that well done steak. It's medium rare at best or go hungry. :eek: :D
Michael ;)
In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
Post edited by janmike on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2008
    Just bundle up & head on down to Ragged **** Road for a few "cold" ones. Do me a favor & keep that weather up there with you!!
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    That's why Canadians have small testicles.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    Yup, we want the size where is really counts. So, again Doro, how did you come to know this? Readers Digest? :D
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    I did extensive studies while I was a male prostitute in the Yukon territory. It didn't pay much but I was never cold.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    Yukon, hmmm why does that not surprise me. They are different over there.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,994
    edited January 2008
    Wow that's cold, my wife and I were talking earlier on how warm it has been. The coldest we had was -27w/ wind. But we BBQ all year as well. just before I hurt my back I filled both BBQ tanks up. I love a BBQ steak in the middle of winter with a nice glass of wine. Mind you I'm not allowed to drink on the meds I'm taking...
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited January 2008
    janmike wrote: »
    Yup, we want the size where is really counts.
    LOL Agreed,no need for non essentials taking up space.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    That just a bit chilly to Mike. When it goes up ten degress, he's running around in spandex.

BTW Doro, WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • Disc Jockey
    Disc Jockey Posts: 1,013
    edited January 2008
    There's no temperature appropriate for a well done steak. Eat it rare, or if you must, medium rare. All the rest is a waste.
    "The secret of happiness is freedom. The secret of freedom is courage." Thucydides
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited January 2008
    There's no temperature appropriate for a well done steak. Eat it rare, or if you must, medium rare. All the rest is a waste.
    I agree, may as well order a hamburger.

Nothing is better than a blue seared steak and a good glass of Cab from a nice steakhouse.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited January 2008
    There is no way I am staying out too long for that well done steak. It's medium rare at best or go hungry. :eek: :D
    I thought that only them Brits were daft enough to eat steak well done ...
    Alea jacta est!
  • janmike
    edited January 2008
    NO, some people cannot eat rare meat.
    Michael ;)

NORTH of 60°
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited January 2008

You should have 10 minutes outside nekkid just for even considering cooking a steak well done in the first place! :eek:

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    Ruin a perfectly good cut of meat, why dontcha!
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    Call me crazy (or a douchebag, putz, dunderhead, etc), but I'd rather have a proper hamburger most days than any steak.

Yeah, I've never whored in the Yukon, but I'm still a cheap date nonetheless.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited January 2008

Med rare!!??? How about still frozen.:eek:

You want it well done, cook it on my sidewalk in late June when it's 105-110 (and up) outside.
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.