Mexican drug lord bust..

trubluluc
trubluluc Posts: 2,067
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
....Cash and prizes.
Don't know if this was shown here already or not. I did a quick search but didn't find a thread.

Unbelievable!

http://www.snopes.com/photos/crime/drugmoney.asp

-Luc
Post edited by trubluluc on

Comments

• bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited January 2008
    looks like the first row on the huge pile is a little light.. lol taxes i guess
  • trubluluc
    trubluluc Posts: 2,067
    edited January 2008
    The first row is Euros and Pesos....the rest of it is US $100. bills. So we know where they were making most of their money.
    This should take a bite out of the pockets of the freaking Meth producers.
    bruss wrote: »
    looks like the first row on the huge pile is a little light.. lol taxes i guess
  • bruss
    bruss Posts: 1,039
    edited January 2008
    i was talking about the first row of benji's
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Didn't someone actually do the math on that stack of money?(Maybe bobman?)

At the least, it's a repost, I have the original image saved on my computer that i downloaded from the forum.

Still a nice thing to look at and dream about.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2008
    Who wants to make a bet that the dealer some how breaks out of prison, jumps the border and becomes an illegal alien........in lets say...5 years?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    Didn't someone actually do the math on that stack of money?(Maybe bobman?)

At the least, it's a repost, I have the original image saved on my computer that i downloaded from the forum.

Still a nice thing to look at and dream about.

It was indeed me, in this thread.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    Who wants to make a bet that the dealer some how breaks out of prison, jumps the border and becomes an illegal alien........in lets say...5 years?

And then makes another $100M is a year or two.

Donald Trump was quoted as saying that if he was the average American making about $50K a year, with normal credit, he said that he could become a multi-millionaire within a couple of months.
    Carl

• BaggedLancer
    edited January 2008
    bobman1235 wrote: »

Damn I'm good
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    schwarcw wrote: »
    And then makes another $100M is a year or two.

Donald Trump was quoted as saying that if he was the average American making about $50K a year, with normal credit, he said that he could become a multi-millionaire within a couple of months.

I give the guy credit and all, but he's driven a bunch of businesses to bankruptcy and almost gone into personal bankruptcy a few times, so... he's kinda full of crap.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    :D ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!
    I give the guy credit and all, but he's driven a bunch of businesses to bankruptcy and almost gone into personal bankruptcy a few times, so... he's kinda full of crap.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • schwarcw
    edited January 2008

Of course he has. At one time he was in the hole $5 Billion. He didn't go bankrupt, got some more loans, made some money and paid off his debt. He has lost more money that you and I can even imagine. He has also made a lot more. He has a positive net worth my friend. Check out Forbes list, he is there with the big boys.
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    Check out the story in Wikipedia here. He has lost billions, but his net worth is now $3.9B.

He's a pompus **** no doubt about it, but he is a money machine.
    Carl

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008

Ya big ole rithmitic geek ya!
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,765
    edited January 2008

I don't doubt that Trump, with his "old money" family connections, "old line" business connections, and inside knowledge of where the "deals" are, could very easily turn $50K into millions. Trump has been very successful at downplaying his priveleged origins. He likes people to think that he is a self made man. The truth is that it is fairly easy to be successful at something when your dad leaves you a fortune in the hundreds of millions of dollars...like "The Donald's" dad did. Donald Trump's grandfather was also wealthy...although not to the extent of Donald's father. The Donald came from two generations of wealth. I guess that makes him highly qualified to tell average Americans how to succeed in business.:rolleyes:

It is so sad that so many people buy The Donald's "get rich through real estate" seminars, self help books and other drivel thinking that they are going to go from humble or modest beginnings to riches...like some people think he did.

Now, I'd like to see how well Trump would do with $50K per year and normal credit WITHOUT the advantages of:

1. Two generations of fabulous wealth.
    2. High level business and political connections generated by two generations of family wealth.
    3. Inside knowledge of investment opportunities gained by being born into and circulating in a highly priveleged social and financial class.

Think he could turn $50K into $1 Mill in two months or even two years without all of the above?
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    Now, I'd like to see how well Trump would do with $50K per year and normal credit WITHOUT the advantages of:

1. Two generations of fabulous wealth.
    2. High level business and political connections generated by two generations of family wealth.
    3. Inside knowledge of investment opportunities gained by being born into and circulating in a highly priveleged social and financial class.

Think he could turn $50K into $1 Mill in two months or even two years without all of the above?

Maybe yes, maybe no. Good question to discuss over a drink and some cigars.

I saw his daughter on an HBO special about children who's parents had extrordinary wealth. She tells the story that one time when Donald was in deep financial do do, her father was taking her into his office. On the sidewalk was a bum, sleeping on an air vent. Donald turned to his daughter and said "Do you see that guy lying there on the street? He has $5 Billion dollars more than I do". He was referring to his debt and near bankruptcy.

What Donald was able to do was convince his creditors to give him more money, so he could pull himself out of the hole, make some money and pay them back. And that's where his gift is. I don't care what kind of money you come from, if your broke with no colateral and can convince bankers to load you tens of millions dollars of more money. That is talent you can't inherit. He knows how to convince people to believe in him, the trait of a good leader. You can't have that willed to you, or read that in a textbook. That's the magic.
    Carl

• SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    No, the magic is in the hair brush he uses.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2008
    What Donald was able to do was convince his creditors to give him more money, so he could pull himself out of the hole, make some money and pay them back.

There was no "convincing" required. This wasn't a case of a bank forclosing on a $100,000 mortage that they could easily afford to write off. The banks were standing to lose billions. With these types of losses looming, the banks had to use every means to rescue him, and thereby, themselves.
    He knows how to convince people to believe in him, the trait of a good leader.

That's also the trait of every good con artist.;)
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    He was referring to his debt and near bankruptcy.

What Donald was able to do was convince his creditors to give him more money, so he could pull himself out of the hole, make some money and pay them back. And that's where his gift is. I don't care what kind of money you come from, if your broke with no collateral and can convince bankers to load you tens of millions dollars of more money. That is talent you can't inherit. He knows how to convince people to believe in him, the trait of a good leader. You can't have that willed to you, or read that in a textbook. That's the magic.

Magic? He inherited millions and LOST IT. Sure, he got it back, which takes some amount of "skill", but losing it all in the first place also took whatever the opposite of skill is.
  • DarqueKnight
    edited January 2008
    Well, he does have an MBA from one of the world's most prestigious business schools...so I guess he has some skill...in something.

Wait a minute...The Donald has bragged about how he became successful even though he was a poor to average student in high school and college (with the implication being that we, meaning us regular folk with no inheirited millions and just an average education, could be just like him). So how was he able to get into Wharton with his grades?
  • bobman1235
    edited January 2008
    His dad was rich?

I dont' doubt he's a skilled businessman, I only mocked him to begin with because he's nowhere near as perfect as he likes to make himself out to be. If you gave him 50k and told him to be profitable, but took away all his other resources and connections, I'd say he has a slightly better than average chance of doing something with it.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2008
    This thread is about mexicans and drugs...unless I missed something and Trump grew a raggy beard and wears a sombrero..could we stay on topic?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    Uh-oh, its the on topic ****!
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • BaggedLancer
    edited January 2008
    exalted512 wrote: »
    Uh-oh, its the on topic ****!
    -Cody

Not really, I just thought i'd be funny to recommend saying to stick to Mexicans and Drugs..... ;)

Carry on.
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited January 2008
    I dunno...sounds like a good combination to me?
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it