Knocking noise from RT35I driver

Options
VE6OHV
VE6OHV Posts: 119
edited November 2002 in Troubleshooting
I just picked up a set of RT35I speakers for the rear of the HT. However there is a clacking noise comming from the one driver and not the other. The dealer will not warranty it as it was sold "as is" and they were demo's.

How does the warranty work in this situation? What should I do?

Thanks in advance
Steve
Post edited by VE6OHV on

Comments

• rick325
    rick325 Posts: 12
    edited November 2002
    Options
    I'd say just call polk directly. I bought a pair of demo "as is" RT800i's that had top grill knobs broken off and the base plate cracked. They replaced everything for free, including shipping. I'm not sure, but I believe polk has like a 5 year warrenty? Maybe it was on one of my other component's. I sure one of the old timer's(no disrespect intended) would know for sure. As far as the phone number, e-mail polk or just ask the retailer for it. I'd give it to you if I could find it. :( The RT35i's are worth fixing, I'm using mine as rears.
    Over the top boy's, what do you want to do, live forever.
  • Xzuluns
    Xzuluns Posts: 8
    edited November 2002
    Options
    First check with Polk Audio directly about the warrenty. Buying demos may seem like a real money saver but you have no idea what kind of abuse they have been subjected to. It sounds to me like the speaker has been over stressed beyond it's ability to return to normal. The speaker cone has a coil of wire which moves up and down on a cylindrical permant magnet. The fit is VERY close. If it rubs, it will make a clicking sound. If you can't get warrenty then check with service and parts at Polk for a replacement speaker. Your Club membership will get you a nice discount. I just got a new tweeter for my monitor 10B's and they were built in January 1987.
    PolkLover