This boss ROCKS!!!

2»

Comments

• Lowell_M
    Lowell_M Posts: 1,660
    edited January 2008
    There's a pretty fine line (and very debatable) between effectively govorning what a group (US gov) decides is best for the group (US people) and enfringing on personal rights.

Tough subject, but for my personal preference... :DWOOOO HOOOOO for No Smoking in Illinois bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D
    HT
    RTi70 mains
    CSi30 center
    RTi28 Rears
    Velodyne CHT-12
    H/K AVR-247
    ADCOM GFA-7000
    Samsung PN58B860
    Playstation 3

2-Channel
    Polk Audio LSi15's
    Rotel RCD-1072
    Nakamichi CA-5 Pre
    ADCOM GFA-555
    Signal Cable Analog II IC's
    Signal Ultra Bi-Wire Speaker Cables
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited January 2008
    obieone wrote: »
    Bro, DON'T try that stuff in Mass., they'll shoot ya at dawn....And NO, you won't get a last cigarette!:eek::D

What do you mean, they outlawed guns in Mass :rolleyes:
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    I wouldn't do anything in Massachusetts. Is a sense of humor also illegal there? I know common sense is....
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    As long as it's POLICALLY CORRECT!!!:eek:
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • jakelm
    jakelm Posts: 4,081
    edited January 2008
    There was an old lady who swallowed a fly....

Whats really sad, is all the food, alcohol, and cigarettes I consumed over the holidays...

of corse I feel and look a million dollars now...but there were a couple of days........
    Monitor 7b's front
    Monitor 4's surround
    Frankinpolk Center (2 mw6503's with peerless tweeter)
    M10's back surround
    Hafler-200 driving patio Daytons
    Tempest-X 15" DIY sub w/ Rythmik 350A plate amp
    Dayton 12" DVC w/ Rythmik 350a plate amp
    Harman/Kardon AVR-635
    Oppo 981hd
    Denon upconvert DVD player
    Jennings Research (vintage and rare)
    Mit RPTV WS-55513
    Tosh HD-XA1
    B&K AV5000

Dont BAN me Bro!!!!:eek:
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Insert a "Hand Salute" here !

My dad used to say, "The only thing worse than a reformed drunk is a reformed smoker".

He should have included in that group non-smokers who don't have anything better to do than whine about "Oooooh, your second-hand smoke is killing me !".

Oh yeah ? Well, let's all hope that's true, and it happens pretty dam quick.

I smoke but I'm going to quit soon. When I do, though, I'll say the same exact thing.

I'm am both a "reformed" drinker & smoker and I have no problem with people drinking and smoking around me! ME drinking and smoking is my problem not anyone else's in this world.

The non-smokers that were mentioned are just whiners who would find fault with anything they could to get attention. If it wasn't smoking then they would complain about people farting in the rest rooms.

This world is becoming so pussyfied it is nauseating!
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
    If he was a real good boss, in addition to firing all the non-smokers, on Friday at about noon, he'd toss a couple packs of cigarettes and a bottle of hooch on somebody's desk, open up the front door to let the hookers in, and walk out for the weekend with a tip of the hat and a "Job well done this week men. Have the office back in shape by Monday."

If I had a small business and a lot of cash, that's what I'd do.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    a_mattison wrote: »
    There's a pretty fine line (and very debatable) between effectively govorning what a group (US gov) decides is best for the group (US people) and enfringing on personal rights.

Tough subject, but for my personal preference... :DWOOOO HOOOOO for No Smoking in Illinois bars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

Well, believe it or not, there are some on this forum who believe your boss has a right to tell you how to live...off the clock. So, don't be too shocked by the reponses you'll see here. Hopefully it isn't representative of the majority of Americans, then again being in the majority doesn't mean **** anymore. I call them "sheeple."
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I really don't care about smoking.
    As long as I'm not right next to it, I don't care.

I'm sure that if you were right next to it, you wouldn't call a cop, you would simply move. That's what these people who want government legislation are all about, they want the power to make a smoker put it out!

I mean how rediculous is it that at a ball park or football stadium OUTSIDE, you can't smoke. How about an open municipal park, you can't smoke. Pretty soon we will not be able to buy colored toilet paper because it may change the color of the scum in the sewers.

BTW I've been a non-smoker for 1 year and 10 months.
  • hearingimpared
    edited January 2008
    i understand what your saying. sorry if i misinterpreted what your point was. i get the same gruff for belonging to the NRA. Same intolerance has happened to me for being a gun owner. A friend of ours found out a have a conceal carry permit and you would swear by the look on her face that i shot her mother. so when i relate how i feel in those situations to how you probably feel when someone looks at you wih disgust for smoking, i get your point. i still think you should quit though:)

Just shoot him and he won't have to go through withdrawl!:D
  • bigyank
    bigyank Posts: 224
    edited January 2008
    I have quit more times then I started! I have been a non-smoker for 3 months! Think about it, the only product if used as directed will kill you!:confused:

Personally government has better things to do then get involved with smokers issues. Smoking in the work place is plain nasty. I used to work for a German S/W company and in 1998 while in the work place there I got a heavy smell of a cigarette (I was a smoker then too) and it shocked me.

If a bar owner wants to advertise as non-smoking great. As a smokers haven, great for them too. Non-smokers not like going into a bar and smelling smoke, get the hell out!

Yank
    Polk Monitor 7
    Polk Atrium 55
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited January 2008
    Any smokers/ conservatives wanna good laugh, check out Brad Stines book "Live from Middle America". LMAO! He's a conservative Christian comedian, who moves from CA to TN. OMG, it's a friggin riot!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    Smoking is bad for the entire general populas, we all pay for smoking related problems whether we smoke or not, of course we all pay for alcohol drinking, driving, pollution, water treatment, athletes salaries, Trump's next Tower, hey seems we all pay for everything, kinda sounds like a society.

RT1--Have a nice day.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    LOL! Nice post Ted, and so accurate!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2