2»

Comments

• George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited January 2008
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited January 2008
    Carl my thoughts and prayers are with you. At least she has the right man with her.

Ted
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited January 2008
    All will be well Carl.......good luck with it all.....
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    :eek: BBL you're nuts!!!!:eek::D ROTFLOL!

A few years back, one of my neighbors had to have both of his knees replaced at the same time. His daughter who is a nurse got him the meanest, pushiest, toughest, PT that she could find.

He had his surgery in Nov, & on Dec. 25th he took his usual trip over seas for over a month. It was business as usual. They both credit the PT for getting him up & going again so fast. Even his doctor was amazed at his recovery.

Physical therapy is a painful *itch! But it is what gets you mobile in the shortest period of time.:)

Guys, Crizz's advice is also very sound for those of you who's wives aren't undergoing relatively minor surgery.
    Sammiches coming a little slow lately, dust bunnies behind the entertainment center not being addressed as they should ? Well .... a little visit from a PT, as Cfrizz mentioned, might just be the answer to your problems.

Good call, Cfrizz.:)
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • GSRBOB
    GSRBOB Posts: 172
    edited January 2008
    Best Wishes.
    Onkyo TX-NR801
    Fronts- RTi 10's
    Center- CSi5
    Rear- Coming Soon
    Sub- Velo DPS-10
    Pwr- Monster HTS 3600
    LCD- KDL-40XBR2
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited January 2008
    It'll be all good. She'll probably be more mobile than ever before. Buy her some of her favorite icecream while she heals!
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited January 2008
    Thoughts go to Maureen and you Carl.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited January 2008
    Thanks for all the nice posts of encouragement, PM's, e-mails, phone calls. You folks are the best!:D This isn't just an audio chat room, this is a sincere community of some very nice people. I feel blessed and privileged to know many of you and call you friends. God bless all of you!

I'll keep you posted on what happens tomorrow.
    Carl

• ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2008
    Carl, Last year i had surgery to repair torn ligament,torn cartilage,torn rotator cuff and an inpingement on my left rotator cuff. The surgery lasted 45 minutes but the recouperation/rehabilitation took 6 months. Now my left shoulder is better than my right shoulder. I was amazed at the technological advancement that orthopedics has gone through in the last few years. I'm extremely confident that the surgery will be succesful. She will be in alot of pain for a while but with such a loving and supportive husband, She'll recover quickly.

My thoughts and prayers will be with your family.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    Thanks again to everyone for your well wishes, prayers, etc.

Maureen had her surgery today. The orthopedic surgeon told me that he replaced her knee cap.

He said that the knee itself showed some minor arthritis, but he did not find any evidence that would require replacement of the entire knee. We consider this is good news and it may shorten Maureen's recovery and rehab. The surgery took about 2 to 2 1/2 hours. She was in the recovery room by 1:00 PM, alert but having some pain as you would expect. I don't know how long she will be in the hospital, but we hope that she will come home later this week. Her release is dependant on how well she can walk with a walker and of course the condition of the surgical wound.

Thanks!
    Carl

• george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2008
    good to hear Carl,, now,, good luck with the post op rehab.:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    She better be ready for the next family-related Chicken Dance ASAP.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    I'm glad things turned out right. What are you cooking for dinner tonight???

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • capecodder
    capecodder Posts: 613
    edited January 2008
    Carl- Just noticed this. Looks like some R&R in Harwich on the Cape is just what the doctor ordered. Good luck to all.
  • schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    capecodder wrote: »
    Carl- Just noticed this. Looks like some R&R in Harwich on the Cape is just what the doctor ordered. Good luck to all.

Thanks Ted!

We hope to get back there this Summer. I've got your number and we'll hookup. Maybe I'll get lucky at the estate sales!:D

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    Ricardo wrote: »
    I'm glad things turned out right. What are you cooking for dinner tonight???

Whatever the neighbors are cooking! LOL!

Carl
    Carl

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    Excellent news, o chief cook and bottle washer.:D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    Good news Carl! She'll be kickin'yerass full strength in no time:D

BTW My "friend" Maureen just left. Introduced to the 1C's. She "really" liked them!;) Bringing some of her tunes over tomorrow night. Another polkie in the making!

Take care of the Mrs.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited January 2008
    That's great news. Feel the power of Club Polk!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Fireman32
    Fireman32 Posts: 4,845
    edited January 2008
    Just read this. Glad she came through the surgury ok Carl. Hope for a speedy recovery.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    That's terrific Carl.

Continuing to send good thoughts Maureen's way!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited January 2008
    Best wishes!!!
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • ESavinon
    ESavinon Posts: 3,066
    edited January 2008
    I'm glad to hear that the surgery went well.
    I hope the recoup time is as short as possible.
    SRT For Life; SDA Forever!

The SRT SEISMIC System:
    Four main satellite speakers, six powered subs, two dedicated for LFE channel, two center speakers for over/under screen placement and three Control Centers. Amaze your friends, terrorize your neighbors, seize the audio bragging rights for your state. Go ahead, buy it; you only go around once.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    The power of prayer:)
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited January 2008
    Rock on Carl, she will be throwing Chuck Norris round house kicks at you in no time hopefully. God knows you need a few.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Thanks again to everyone for your well wishes, prayers, etc.
    Maureen had her surgery today. The orthopedic surgeon told me that he replaced her knee cap.

Thats really cool....helps the recovery 3 fold. Lucked out with my mom as well...same type of deal except broken hip...went in to replace entire hip and found the socket to be in great shape...so he only replaced the ball.

Hopefully the knee cap does the trick for a fast recovery :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    I was talking to Carl before noon on Thursday and he was on his way to the hospital to bring Maureen home. That is excellent progress!:cool:
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • schwarcw
    edited January 2008
    Thanks Rich, and to everyone for your wonderful support!:)

Maureen is home, up and walking with a walker. She is moving pretty well but still has a lot of immobility and pain. She's going to need a lot of PT (and drugs:eek:). We're both very optimistic about her recovery.

God Bless!
    Carl

• shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited January 2008
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Thanks Rich, and to everyone for your wonderful support!:)

Maureen is home, up and walking with a walker. She is moving pretty well but still has a lot of immobility and pain. She's going to need a lot of PT (and drugs:eek:). We're both very optimistic about her recovery.

God Bless!

Thats great !...you should take that walker yourself and do a good sweep of ALL the places she will be walking...I was amazed at how easy those things will snag on items. I moved/removed all the possible snags for my mother...at least until she can walk without the walker. :)
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club