Need Moral Support

schwarcw
schwarcw Posts: 7,335
edited January 2008 in The Clubhouse
On Monday, my lovely wife Maureen is having at least a partial and possibly a full knee replacement. Maureen has some chronic orthopedic problems, one of which is her left knee. She'll sign the release to do a full knee replacement if the surgeon determines that's what needs to be done. It's all weighing very heavily on our minds. She'll be recovering and rehabing that leg for quite a while.

Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated.
Carl

Post edited by schwarcw on

Comments

• dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited January 2008
    Best of wishes to you and you're wife. You both are in my prayers.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,315
    edited January 2008
    Maureen will do just fine no matter what...She's still young and vibrant,she will have a speedy recovery.

Best of luck to you and her.
  • daboyz
    daboyz Posts: 5,207
    edited January 2008
    I hope the best,god be with you.
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited January 2008
    Make sure they do the right one. . . or the one on the left. . . .if that is right:D

Best wishes.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • zingo
    zingo Posts: 11,258
    edited January 2008
    I'll say a few prayers for both of you.
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited January 2008
    My buddy had a knee replacement, and it turned out great. He had a bad knee for 15 years, and he wished he had done it sooner. Prayers sent.

Ben
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited January 2008
    Carl,, Janice and I will keep both of you in our prayers,,I'm sure that all will turn out well. Keep us posted on her progress.---George
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited January 2008
    That surgery is common and this isn't the civil war, relax.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited January 2008
    Best of luck, gonna be a while on crutches.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited January 2008
    Carl our thoughts and prayers are with Maureen and you!

The worst part of a knee replacement is the rehab. The first week is the hardest as the pain is pretty bad but they will keep her well medicated to the point where she won't even care about the pain.
  • joeparaski
    joeparaski Posts: 1,865
    edited January 2008
    Best wishes sent....all be be ok and even better than before I'm sure.

Joe
    Amplifiers: 1-SAE Mark IV, 4-SAE 2400, 1-SAE 2500, 2-SAE 2600, 1-Buttkicker BKA 1000N w/2-tactile transducers. Sources: Sony BDP CX7000es, Sony CX300/CX400/CX450/CX455, SAE 8000 tuner, Akai 4000D R2R, Technics 1100A TT, Epson 8500UB with Carada 100". Speakers:Polk SDA SRS, 3.1TL, FXi5, FXi3, 2-SVS 20-29, Yamaha, SVS center sub. Power:2-Monster HTS3500, Furman M-8D & RR16 Plus. 2-SAE 4000 X-overs, SAE 5000a noise reduction, MSB Link DAC III, MSB Powerbase, Behringer 2496, Monarchy DIP 24/96.
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited January 2008
    West wishes Carl from our family here in the North. Our prayers for a speedy recovery are with you folks.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • pearsall001
    pearsall001 Posts: 5,065
    edited January 2008
    Best of luck to your wife Maureen. Everything will turn out fine. I had a partial knee replacement 2yrs ago & I was driving in 8 days & back to work in 2wks. I jumped in head first with the rehab...you have to work thru the pain but it pays off big time. I literally surprised all the doctors & physical therapists on how fast I was up & running. Again best of luck...prayers coming your way.
    "2 Channel & 11.2 HT "Two Channel:Magnepan LRSSchiit Audio Freya S - SS preConsonance Ref 50 - Tube preParasound HALO A21+ 2 channel ampBluesound NODE 2i streameriFi NEO iDSD DAC Oppo BDP-93KEF KC62 sub Home Theater:Full blown 11.2 set up.
  • beardog03
    beardog03 Posts: 5,550
    edited January 2008
    Thoughts and prayer to you both...

As it has been said already...it is a fairly common procedure, and they have come a long way with knee and hip replacement....the hardest part is the rehab

Good luck, and best wishes....
    Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
    Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
    Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
    AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
    PS Audio Plus Power Cords
    Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
    Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
    Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited January 2008
    Sending good thoughts your way Carl. Have Maureen get the pushiest, meanest PT around & she will be fully operational & feeling great in no time!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited January 2008
    Hoping for a speedy recovery. Don't worry about her; worry about you, now you'll do more chores at the house.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • wingnut4772
    wingnut4772 Posts: 7,519
    edited January 2008
    She will be bionic now!:) Everything will be great. Prayers sent.
    Sharp Elite 70
    Anthem D2V 3D
    Parasound 5250
    Parasound HCA 1000 A
    Parasound HCA 1000
    Oppo BDP 95
    Von Schweikert VR4 Jr R/L Fronts
    Von Schweikert LCR 4 Center
    Totem Mask Surrounds X4
    Hsu ULS-15 Quad Drive Subwoofers
    Sony PS3
    Squeezebox Touch

Polk Atrium 7s on the patio just to keep my foot in the door.
  • mark090852
    mark090852 Posts: 996
    edited January 2008
    Carl,

You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Sue and I wish her a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Mark
    McIntosh MA252 Integrated Amp, LUMIN D2 Network Music Player, Yamaha Aventage RX-A840 receiver, Emotiva XPA Gen3 2 channel amp, Polk LSiM 703 speakers. Oppo UDP-203 Blu-Ray player, Polk LSiM 705 speakers. Polk Signature S20 speakers.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited January 2008
    Carl, my best friend had this done and he was a royal pain in the **** [ex-roomate] for about three months [during recovery] but he's been pain free for 16 years now and wishes he had it done sooner.

Best of wishes for a successful surgery and quick recovery for both you and your wife.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Serendipity
    Serendipity Posts: 6,975
    edited January 2008
    Best Wishes here and hope everything turns out well.
    polkaudio RT35 Bookshelves
    polkaudio 255c-RT Inwalls
    polkaudio DSWPro550WI
    polkaudio XRT12 XM Tuner
    polkaudio RM6750 5.1

Front projection, 2 channel, car audio... life is good!
  • SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,480
    edited January 2008
    Carl, our thoughts and prayers to Maureen!
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,446
    edited January 2008
    Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited January 2008
    you got it, Carl! Pray for speedy recovery to Maureen.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • cindy100
    cindy100 Posts: 256
    edited January 2008
    I wish you both the best and will certainly say a prayer for her.

Cindy
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited January 2008
    Carl,

Good luck to you bro.

TLW has been through this a time or two and just went through it with an elbow a few weeks before I left. Her mom just had a knee replacement in October.

Attitude is everything in this case. Get her up and moving ASAP, the more it moves, the better she will be. In Wendi's mom's case, they had her up on it the very next day.

Everything will be fine, bro. Keep good thoughts.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited January 2008
    She will be bionic now!:) Everything will be great. Prayers sent.

first thing i thought.

good luck with all that. hope her life improves immensely!

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,788
    edited January 2008
    Prayers sent for Maureen. (and you);)
    She'll be fine Carl, don't sweat it.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited January 2008
    dorokusai wrote: »
    That surgery is common and this isn't the civil war, relax.

I think I'm starting to understand why Doro's application for "Hospital Chaplain" didn't making it past final review. :)

Actually, as usual, he speaks the truth, though.
    The ex- father-in-law/s knees went bad from years of working on a concrete floor, and he FINALLY had both knees replaced.
    He was diabetic, so he had some extra worries to think about, but he came through fine, and wishes he had done it years earlier.
    Make sure they do the right one. . . or the one on the left. . . .if that is right:D

That is also excellent advice.
    Everything will be fine as long as they operate on the correct knee.

cfrizz wrote: »
    Sending good thoughts your way Carl. Have Maureen get the pushiest, meanest PT around & she will be fully operational & feeling great in no time!

I have supreme confidence that the Big Guy Upstairs has this one under complete control, so I'll just take a moment here to mention something to the married guys, if I may:
    Guys, Crizz's advice is also very sound for those of you who's wives aren't undergoing relatively minor surgery.
    Sammiches coming a little slow lately, dust bunnies behind the entertainment center not being addressed as they should ? Well .... a little visit from a PT, as Cfrizz mentioned, might just be the answer to your problems.

Good call, Cfrizz.

But, Carl, just remember:
    Maureen will be fine, the Big Guy's on the case, and everything will be okay.

Let her see that you care, but don't let her see that you worry.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited January 2008
    Best wishes!
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited January 2008
    Best wishes - you are in my thoughts and prayers....
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)