An audiophile new year....

2»

Comments

• halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    " Love to have you over again Norm (and any other Polkies for that matter). A lot has changed since your last visit (it's all good and it's all your fault) "

Well **** bells,grab a kegger and set a date.:D
    My place ain't that big! But your welcome to stop by :) (you get to do all the heavy lifting).
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • I-SIG
    I-SIG Posts: 2,238
    edited December 2007
    I want to do something high-end this year. Not sure what it is yet, though I'm leaning Cary on the front-end or back-end. I also want to get some big SDA's that I can run non-common ground amps with. I can at least do that and more or less break even. And I'm gonna do room treatsments, pretty early on this year too.

Anyway, the thing that bugs me about my rig is that I'm confident I have a pretty high level of synergy going (and maybe even high-end sound or something really close???), but I feel like I'm still leaving a lot on the table and thus not listening as much I think I should. I'm not sure what the way out of this dilemma is. Since I'm running Parasound amps, for instance, the easy way out is to get the 2 Halo equivalents and be done with it. I usually hate taking the easy way out of things. :)

Wes
    Link: http://polkarmy.com/forums

Panasonic TH-42PHD8UK 42" HDTV | Polk Audio SDA-SRS's (w/RDO's & Vampire Posts) + SVS PC+ 25-31 | AudioQuest Granite (mids) + BWA Silver (highs) | Cary Audio CAD-200 | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Wyred 4 Sound STP/SE Pre | Signal Cable Silver Resolution XLR's | Cambridge Audio azur 840C--Wadia 170i + iPod jammed w/ lossless audio--Oppo 970 | Pure|AV PF31d