Stuck In Salt Lake City

George Grand
George Grand Posts: 12,258
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Well, here we are. What was supposed to be a routine cargo drop has turned into at least an overnight stay here in SLC. We got here, unloaded the cargo, and tried to start back up. We have a fuel valve that has failed in the closed position. The crew chiefs ordered a part and have been working on it all night. Maybe we'll get out of here today, maybe we won't. Last night we all went to a shopping mall and bought appropriate clothing and personal hygiene things. I forgot to buy a razor, and ended up shaving with the complimentary razor and cream from the Radisson. I would've been better off shaving with a chainsaw. Picked up an entire outfit at Old Navy (minus flying boots) for $47. Jeans, socks, boxers, nice long-sleeved undershirt, and a nice heavy overshirt. Stephie will end up with the overshirt cause it says Old Navy on it.

Light a candle for my sorry **** cause I would really like to sleep in my own bed tonight, despite the fact that this city is absolutely BABE CENTRAL!!!! Gives Dallas, Phoenix, and Minneapolis/St. Paul a run for the money.

That is all.
Post edited by George Grand on

Comments

• DollarDave
    DollarDave Posts: 2,575
    edited December 2007
    I hear you loud and clear on the Dallas and Minneapolis/St Paul babe thing. Clearly better than this ****-hole called Houston. I haven't seen a knock me to my knees babe in 5 years of being here (Except when I go home to my wife who is from DFW).

Good luck getting home for the weekend.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Light a candle for my sorry **** cause I would really like to sleep in my own bed tonight, despite the fact that this city is absolutely BABE CENTRAL!!!! Gives Dallas, Phoenix, and Minneapolis/St. Paul a run for the money.

Those Mormon girls are HOT! ;) Pretty much the reason for polygamy...or so I'm told!
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    I'm sorry you're stuck George, but at least you're safe. They better check that plane from end to end to make sure it's safe to fly!

I hope you are home to bring in the New Year my friend!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ntculenuff
    ntculenuff Posts: 1,146
    edited December 2007
    yeah what is it with SLC they sure breed hot down there..we have some friends there and every time i go i get a crink in my neck :)
    Speakers:
    Definitive BP7001sc mains
    Definitive C/L/R 3000 center
    Polk RT800i's rears
    Definitive supercube I Sub
    Audio:
    Onkyo TX-NR3010
    Emotiva XPA five Gen 3
    OPPO BDP-103 CD, SACD, DVD-A
    Video:
    Panasonic TC-P65ZT60
    OPPO BDP-103 Bluray
    Directv x's 2
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,806
    edited December 2007
    Light a candle for my sorry **** cause I would really like to sleep in my own bed tonight, despite the fact that this city is absolutely BABE CENTRAL!!!!

They may be hot but they are probably all married to the same guy!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • strider
    strider Posts: 2,568
    edited December 2007
    Can you even get a drink out there?
    Wristwatch--->Crisco
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    :eek::eek::eek:OUCH! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!:D:D:D

Jstas wrote: »
    They may be hot but they are probably all married to the same guy!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
    Heck their state run Liquor stores are better than what we have here in the Twin Cities. They are allowed to sell single beers so you can "build your own" six pack of imports.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Big **** Brett is out there somewhere.

He's no babe, but he fills out a pair of jeans nicely.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

SUPER!

• Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

I think if George is careful and watches his beer consumption, he shouldn't mistake Brett for a SLC babe.
  • Jstas
    edited December 2007
    George don't drink beer.

• obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    happy?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote:
    Hopefully, you'll be back in time to watch the Giants/ Pat's game Sat. nite.
    FYI, the game IS being simulcast on NBC & CBS- for those that don't have NFL network

Surely people can find something better to do. :rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2007
    GEORGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in SLC and would love to meet you for dinner or something. I just saw this at 7:55 so let me know..........
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    George - Do yourself a favor and meet Brett, he's freaking awesome.....you'll like him from the word go.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    And if anything went down, Brett could put George in his pocket and skin out real quick.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Salt Lake is a nice place to visit. Too hot for me in the Summer. Park City is a nice place to do touristy things, even if you don't ski. Skiing is fabulous. Remember they held the Winter Olympics there not too long ago.

I hope George and Brett hooked up. Brett's a good guy, met him in Chicago at Scomp's house.
    Carl

• brettw22
    edited December 2007
    I sent GG a PM, but I'm guessing he's in bed since it's nearly 11pm EST (internal clock)......

Maybe tomorrow if he's still around.......
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Do you ski Brett?

Carl
    Carl

• brettw22
    edited December 2007
    I create avelanches..........I don't know that I'd call what I do 'skiing'...........lol.......

I have been, but it's been about 10 years so I'm sure it'd be ugly getting back out there again........
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Do you ski Brett?

Carl

You obviously don't know how "large" he is in reality. Brett makes Lou look like a Oompa Loompa.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • brettw22
    edited December 2007
    ouch..........lol

and yes he does.......like he said, we met in chicago at a little get together...........
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    Brett's a great guy. I'm sure a meeting would be Grand :)
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    Yes, there's lot's of hot women in Dallas. And I'd need a LOT MORE
    MONEY to even begin to get their interest. They like their nests
    well feathered.

Better to be stuck in SLC than Grand Rapids, MI.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • George Grand
    George Grand Posts: 12,258
    edited December 2007
    ****. I missed a chance to meet Brett. We got the airplane fixed and we boogied out at 1357 local this afternoon, touched down at McGuire 3.7 later at 1840 local.

Next time Brett. I did a week out there for business in 1982, and then again in 1987. Both times downtown in the city. The 1987 trip was when I ran into the whole Fosgate thing in Heber City, and met the guy who designed the AR-3a. Charlie McShane. I was with a guy that had recently sold me a pair of AR-5's and still owned a pair of LST's. He's also the guy that turned me onto the Telarc "Round-Up" cd. One of the world's great Aryans, Gerhard Augustus Leipfinger.

Can you buy a drink out there? You can buy any freakin' thing you want out there. The Mormons keep it just tidied up nice enough for me. Great town.
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Glad you got home okay George.
  • brettw22
    edited December 2007
    Seeing as the last times you were here were 25 years ago, I dont' know that I'll be around for your future visits.......lol....

Gimme a ring if you happen to be passing through again.........