The offical Club Polk "What didn't you get for Christmas" thread

13»

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    ....I wouldn't want to be on the other end of a power washer for any reason. :D

Well, they do work well for getting the crud out of various body cavities and orifices that are not easily reached....
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,674
    edited December 2007
    solGenius wrote: »
    OK
    Polk Rti 12's (2)
    Polk DSW Pro 600
    Polk Cti 5 Center

and a Adcom GFR700HD (145x5 watts)

Sony Bravia KDL40XBR4 40" LCD

yeah me... now I just gotta hook it all up.
    :D:):D

b

Welcome, solGenius.

..... I hate you.

:eek:

....... okay, I don't actually hate you, but ..... I guess it's more like .......
    ...I'm envious. :o

Nice choice in Christmas presents. Let everybody know what your impressions are of the Polk DSW Pro 600, be interested in hearing that.

:)
    Sal Palooza
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    shack wrote: »
    Well, they do work well for getting the crud out of various body cavities and orifices that are not easily reached....

:eek: The cure for dingleberries!

Anyway, hope you get him straightened out for whatever he made be doing inappropriately! Teach him the way of the Polk!
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    halo wrote: »

Yeah, it's nearly impossible to ask for SACDs and not get CDs, and this year, to ask for HD-DVDs and not get the DVD equivilant. I was very careful about telling people there is a difference, but still got a couple mistakes :(
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • Shizelbs
    Shizelbs Posts: 7,433
    edited December 2007
    I was wanting to kill (or at least severly maim) my youngest daughter's BF. I wasn't allowed to do so....and was limited to merely threatening bodlily harm (which in retrospect seems to have had the desired effect).

I also didn't get the power washer I wanted.

Isn't that your God given right as a father? I'm not starting a family unless it is.
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Shizelbs wrote:
    Isn't that your God given right as a father?

That was my impression when I signed up for the father of daughters gig...but apparently there are RULES. :rolleyes:

Well...it WAS Christmas Day...so I suppose it's the thought that counts...right?
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    That was my impression when I signed up for the father of daughters gig...but apparently there are RULES. :rolleyes:

Well...it WAS Christmas Day...so I suppose it's the thought that counts...right?

Well you know what they say about rules....rules are made to be broken. I say give him a beating or power wash him.
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    You could always take him "hunting"-Whooops! thought the safety was on?!?
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • MSALLA
    MSALLA Posts: 1,602
    edited December 2007
    I got the Ipod for the cat that I asked for. And I bought myself a new fridge for the holidays being as the old one that was only 6 years old broke and cost 1100 to fix.
    Michael

Samsung 50" HD DLP
    Yamaha RX-V2500
    (2) Outlaw 200
    Adcom GFA 555
    Sony BDP300
    Denon 2900 DVD
    Lsi9's mains
    Lsi7's rear
    Lsic center
    12.1 SVS driver in 4.53 cuft. tube
    Harmony 880
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    I've seen Shack-daddy in action. He's about as laid back as they come, you'd SWEAR he just polished off a dime bag at any given moment.

I'm guessing that this lad has whatever it is coming to him.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club