What has happened to Christmas ?

beardog03
beardog03 Posts: 5,550
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I just went out , against my better judgement, to get my wife a nice present for Christmas....what a mad house !

She wasn`t as excited about the amp as I was/am, so....I guess I should get her something she likes as well...!!!

this is what I found...

No Christmas spirit out there !

we go shopping and,

My wife, true to form, was looking for things for everybody else instead of for herself....
She finds a glass do, small glass dog...with a christmas getup on...for my Mom

She spends the whole time looking for everybody else....I`m looing my patience with all the rude, assinine people....the very reason I avoid this type of thing altogether...

I stand in line for almost 45min to purchase said glass pooch...
She says she would like some shoes from the place next door...."fine" I say

I walk out the door and an amulance is trying to rush by all the rude drivers and pedestians out there...

We go in the shoe store and she say`s " I wish the girls were with me, you don`t know what "cute" is".....

"You are right dear, I don`t ", I say as sirens and cop cars fly to the store were the ambulance just came from a couple stores down...

She drops the dog...SMASH !

Great !:rolleyes:

"I will go back and get another she say`s"..."but I think It`s the last one".

Of course it is !...
3 hrs for 1 little glass friggen dog, and it`s the last one...in a million pieces in the bag..!!

"let`s just go somewhere else and find you a present"....but no she insisted on getting another cute little glass goggie for my mom..
We go out the door and there is a girl screaming "I`m filming you with my phone MF`ers...as they take her boyfreind into custody for stabbing somebody that got in his girlfreinds way , while shopping at, get this..... TOY`S-R-US..!!!
Hence the ambulance and cops...light flashing everywhere..sirens..the whole nine yards..

I go to the truck , and wait...she comes back with another glass pooch and say let`s just go home....okay?

AS SHE SWINGS THE BAG AND BREAKS FIDO`S TAIL OFF.!!!

Now she`s upset and just has to go back and see if there is another "last" one... :rolleyes:

By the time she get`s back, I have had all the "Christmas Cheer" I can stand for one night, and pull out to leave and the cops stop me and tell me to pull over there...WTF ?

He say`s....after a short wait...

"drive around the parking lot"...(it`s friggen huge)..."and go out the back"

Now he only say`s this too me....everybody else is waiting for the guy to get stuffed into the back of the squad car.....
I think to myself , "great", why do I have to drive around while everybody else get`s waived through....

Turns out to be a good thing, as it led to the back alley of all the buildings, and I was out on the surface street in no time...

I get home, fire up the tubes on the new V12R, and as I start typing this, and I hear...bam bam bam......

bam...bam bam..

Gunshots right down the street...!!

Merry Friggen Christmas !

What happened to Christmas ?
It used to be a happy time, a joyous time...

What has happened to the world we live in, when it`s all about the stores and gifts and selfish friggen people...and shooting at each other in neighborhoods that are full of Christmas lights and parents and kids looking at the yards/lights..

It seems to get worse every year

Makes me just want to move to the Mountains and become a hermit..

To You and Yours , From Me and Mine...
To ALL

Have a Safe and Merry Christmas ...

:)

Don`t forget the kevlar if you go out tonight !!

Signed,

Bear (I wanna be a Hermit) Dog

and NO that`s NOT hermaphrodite !!
:D

sheesh, will the stress never end ?!:o
Cary SLP-98L F1 DC Pre Amp (Jag Blue)
Parasound HCA-3500
Cary Audio V12 amp (Jag Red)
Polk Audio Xm Reciever (Autographed by THE MAN Himself) :cool:
Magnum Dynalab MD-102 Analog Tuna
Jolida JD-100 CDP
Polk Audio LSi9 Speaks (ebony)
SVS PC-Ultra Sub
AQ Bedrock Speaker Cables (Bi-Wired)
MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s
AQ Black Thunder Sub Cables
PS Audio Plus Power Cords
Magnum Dynalab ST-2 FM Antenna
Sanus Cherry wood Speak Stands
Adona AV45CS3 / 3 Tier Rack (Black /Gold)

:cool:
Post edited by beardog03 on

Comments

• McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Damn Bear - you need to move. We have a nice house for sale right next door. Let me know and I will get hold of a real estate person for you.....

Snowed last night, had a birthday party for my daughter today (she turned 8), plan to go shopping tomorrow with my brother who is in town from Seattle for Christmas and have not heard a gunshot all day. All in all - a pretty damn fine mid-western Christmas.

Have a merry and safe Christmas. Oh, and if you do come this way - leave the loons out there in California please... :)

Michael
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2007
    Christmas is about one thing, procrastinators, that's it. People who wait and shop at the last minute, their in a hurry and rude.

Clue: Christmas comes but once a year, so, you have all year to shop for it. Get off your lazy f'n **** and shop before the last few days. Saves everyone a lot of grief.

...and yes, it really is that easy.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited December 2007
    Dude . . . you need to move. That sounds insane, but I have a solution to all your problems.

Check this out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beUQBXI22CA
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Thankfully they didn't shoot the glass dog..

Sorry to hear about your Xmas woes, but I agree and can't wait for the holiday to be over.

Christmas to Valentines Day I'm usually not a happy camper cause I'm single so that usually leaves me grumpy. The other 10 months of the year go pretty well though....
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    I used to shop right on Christmas eve just for the adrenaline factor (when I was young and an adrenaline junkie. I used my jeep at the time to get in and out of the mall over embankments and stuff, it was an adventure.

one year, I was grabbing a toy at Toys R Us (yes bear, a frikkin MADHOUSE this time of year) and a lady flat out grabs the toy as I am holding it....pulling on it and trying to take it out of my hands, I just looked at her calmly as she was struggling and said "are you f*ckin serious?!?!" was SO tempted to let it go and let her fall on her arse, but i just waited for her to get tired, then gave a quick snap yank to minimize my risk of injuring her.

and the mall? oh my christ, what a train wreck. luckily, 300+ pounds always gets to where it needs to go above all others :D
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Whoops sorry wrong thread . . . sorry you had such a bad night BD. I still love ya and it's Christmas my friend so just think of all the good food and family coming up.

I on the other hand was shocked. We went to the supermarket this afternoon to get the fish for tomorrow and the rib roast and the ham we ordered for Christmas day. Now there were atleast 400 people in there, black people, oriental people, hispanic people and white people and I couldn't believe how laid back everyone was, except the staff!, and how polite everyone was being despite a friggin deluge outside.

I thought first we were in the bizaro world but it was quite enjoyable.

I think you need a cup-o-cheer Bro.

Here's to a better night, Christmas Eve and Christmas my friend.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    Oldest son is picking up some extra Christmas cash at Toys R' Us this season, and I love hearing his stories when he comes home in the morning.

Woman comes into the store, and says,

" Scooz me, where are the toys ?"

.....where are the toys ? .......... where are the toys ?.......

W H E R E A R E T H E F R E A K I N G T O Y S !?!?!?!?

Hey, Madame Einstein, maybe they didn't tell you at the Institute, but that's what they sell at Toys R' Us :

TOYS !!!

Another lady:

"How come this blue MP3 player is more expensive than the pink one ?", said in a tone that says, "How come you're trying to cheat me ?".

"Well, Ma'am, the pink one is designed for younger girls, ages 6 and under, and has your standard earphones. The blue one is designed for teenagers, has more memory to hold more songs, and the earphones have an upgraded design for a little better sound"

"So .... this pink one is no good ?"

"No, Ma'am. -repeat speech-

"I know that. But why is the blue one more expensive."

-repeat speech-

.....10 MINUTES LATER .....

"Well, I'm just going to get the pink one, it's for my daughter, she's 8."

A million more like that, luckily he runs across the nice people, too.

Sometimes I feel like our country is turning into a nation of Ferenghi.

Sal Palooza
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    The friggin driving is what pisses me off to NO END! 20 minutes and 3 light cycles to go 1/4 mile!!! If I owned firearm, I'd probably be in jail!
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    80% of what we purchased for Christmas was ordered online (skis and gear, camera equip, clothes, DVDs and CDs, etc.). Wandered out into the HUGE crowd of people on our front porch...picked up the packages and walked back inside. Even the stuff that wasn't delivered (like the TV from CC)...was ordered online...drove to the store picked it up in less than 10 minutes and out the door.

Maybe there's something to this net thing afterall.....:D

Bear...after all....it is California...:rolleyes:
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Online is where it's at....only losers shop in house. I feel better about ordering sexual aids online anyways.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    No loser here , as I do all my stuff online...

BUT...the wife wanted to go to this SHOE store , where she saw the shoes she wanted..

I have been working 15-16 hr days all week and I try not to think about the commercial Christmas all year long...or at all if I can keep from it
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Actually, I've done much better this year than in many past Christmas shoppong sessions. I have everything bought!!! Tomorrow, I've got to pickup a couple of grocery items and that's it!

I've experienced many of the previously described events over the years. Mark is right, on line is where it's at. But sometimes I have to see the item to know what kind of quality that I'm getting. If I know the product, then I'm buying online.

Ten years ago, I would have never believed that I would be spending thousands of dollars every years using my credit card on the internet. My how things have changed.

To all the clueless part time seasonal help, to all the rude cell phone talking, Blackberry addicted shoppers in the checkout line if front of me, look out! I still will call you out for your bad behavior. Learn how to make change, get all that metal **** off of you face! Those tatoos will be histerical once you lose your skin condition and but on tons of weight. You'll be a walking freak show.

Merry Christmas!
    Carl

• danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited December 2007
    beardog, i'm telling you.. those Toys R Us stores are NOT safe places during the holidays.. I avoid them till three or four months after the holidays or completely.
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    I didn`t actually go into Toy`s r Us

y Kids are grown up...(pretty much)

I usually just get 3 or 4 different gift cards from various places and stick them in different size box`s for the girls....

I get them a month or so ahead of time, so I don`t have to even think about it....

I am always very busy in the Ship Yards around this time of year, so I try to stay ready..

It`s just that this year, I bought myself a Cary Tube amp just weeks before Christmas, so I had to make a "special" effort to get something for the wife that was obviously a special effort, as not to get her too upset about my untimely purchase..

If ya know what I mean ...;)
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    UPS, FedEx, USPS and DHL did all the walkin for me and my wife!!!

Eff Toys B Us. . . you can easily get your throat cut there this time of year.
  • TroyD
    TroyD Posts: 13,077
    edited December 2007
    Yup, online is the ONLY way to fly. I've done my shopping online for the last few years.

I can't take the rat race at the shopping centers anymore.

BDT
    I plan for the future. - F1Nut
  • Rivrrat
    Rivrrat Posts: 2,101
    edited December 2007
    I had a similar experience Friday, sans gunshots and broken glass dog. It's also a good thing I don't cary a gun cause it would've been me doing the shooting at a few idiots.

I'm going shopping for a few stocking stuffers today, but I mostly do it to look at everyones paniced faces when they realize all the good stuff got sold over the weekend:p
    My equipment sig felt inadequate and deleted itself.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,536
    edited December 2007
    From the sound of things, maybe get her an AR-15?
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited December 2007
    People are rude and thoughtless ALL the time unfortunately, there's just MORE of them around Christmas :(

So glad I do most of my shopping online. Only had to venture to the malls and stores twice this year, and not for long.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • woofiepaws
    woofiepaws Posts: 215
    edited December 2007
    There's a shipyard up here in Bremerton. Twenty minute drive and you are in the woods. Much much more affordable than the Bay Area.
  • obieone
    edited December 2007
    No shopping online for me thanx. Too paranoid about I.D. theft.
    Actually, I'm just too paranoid....Period
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote: »
    No shopping online for me thanx. Too paranoid about I.D. theft.

As well you should be, obieone, as well you should be.

.........we're watching you.

.....while you sleep.

Online shopping is the way to go.

Ordered some R50's late Saturday night and half an hour ago, the DHL dude is standing on my doorstep with 2 boxes.
    The boxes were in good shape, the DHL dude was pleasant and professional, and life is as it should be.

Sal Palooza
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
    You go shopping with your wife? Dude that's somnething you never want to do.
  • obieone
    edited December 2007
    "Well, I wouldn't be BE paranoid if EVERYONE wasn't against me!"-Frank Burns
  • beardog03
    edited December 2007
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    You go shopping with your wife? Dude that's somnething you never want to do.

Dude, I just bought a 2 thousand dollar amp at christmas !....for myself !!

HELL YA , I`M GONNA BUY HER SOME FRIGGEN SHOES..!!!!!!!

Steve,
    I wish i could have an AR-9...or 15 either one !!

woofie, send me some housing info....

This is rediculous..!

I know it`s easier to do it all on line, but that`s just my point...

Christmas is NOT all about presents.....I should not have to worry about leaving my house to do some shopping for the kids or wife...

I should not have to worry about identity theft..

But we do....

Today I carry many weapons....I must go to the bike shop to get a clutch !!!

:eek::D:D:D:D:D

and as Harley tank set....

****mumbles** better have my tank set too
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s

• shack
    edited December 2007
    obieone wrote:

The Club Polk Mafia will be coming to your house soon...toilet paper in hand...BEWARE!

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • ben62670
    ben62670 Posts: 15,969
    edited December 2007
    We forgot about Jesus. The true reason for the season.
    Please. Please contact me a ben62670 @ yahoo.com. Make sure to include who you are, and you are from Polk so I don't delete your email. Also I am now physically unable to work on any projects. If you need help let these guys know. There are many people who will help if you let them know where you are.
    Thanks
    Ben
  • shack
    edited December 2007
    There are lots of things to do at Christmas....BESIDES SHOPPING. We do most of our shopping online, which frees up time to do "something else". Every year the wife and I take at least one Christmas related weekend trip. One year Christmas at the Biltmore House, one year to see the stage play of "White Christmas" and this year a visit to the Opryland Hotel, and The Grand Ole Opryhouse to see "The Rockettes Christmas Spectacular" and also a visit to a small town doing a Charles Dickens recreation. In between we go to Christmas concerts (there are many around both at civic centers or just about every church) and sometimes just go driving around looking at the Christmas lights. It's amazing how much time you have and how much stuff there is to do at Christmas when your are not spending all your time at the stupid malls.

Relax Bear...and have a Very Merry Christmas!

• shack
    edited December 2007
    ben62670 wrote: »
    We forgot about Jesus. The true reason for the season.

No...I haven't.

• beardog03
    edited December 2007
    I agree with you both...There is a reason for the season..

and there are many other things to do besides go shopping..

Maybe I just need a vacation...

from people
    Parasound HCA-3500
    Jolida JD-100 CDP
    SVS PC-Ultra Sub
    MIT Shotgun S1 I/C`s