A note to Justin

2»

Comments

• hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    Sona wrote: »
    Uh, huh, way deep-sixed.

Yep, gotta add my appreciation for the administration and moderating as well. I've just begun to personally understand how difficult it is.

I think the following would be really helpful:

1. Clear forum rules. The current ones aren't really enforced, which I believe people prefer. On the other hand, it is very difficult to know what lines not to cross. Having to guess why one thread disappears while others continue makes it hard.

Might be just easier to have rules along the lines of:

Polk reserves the right to delete or edit any thread or post for any reason.

Polk may ban any user at its sole discretion. You're either in, or you're out. Auf Wiedersehen.

2. List all moderators currently documented and under the radar and inform users in your privacy policy what information about a forum member may be accessed.

Why don't you start your own forum since you have such a hard on to impose your silly nonsensicals rules and feminist BS. You've done not one thing in all things audio or video on this forum except suck the information you needed from us then started to show your true colors.

And here you are derailing another thread!!!

This thread is about the good job Justin is doing not the Sona derail and deride and impose thread!

Get lost!
  • ninerbj
    ninerbj Posts: 870
    edited December 2007
    On that note...

Merry Christmas Justin. Thanks for all you do.
    "she had the body of Venus, with arms."
  • obieone
    obieone Posts: 5,077
    edited December 2007
    Merry xmas Justin. Enjoy the weekend
    I refuse to argue with idiots, because people can't tell the DIFFERENCE!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dkg999
    dkg999 Posts: 5,647
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin! Keep up the good work and we do appreciate you!

Funny how the "real" Club Polk family that comes here for the "right" reasons doesn't have the huge issues of late. Hmmmmm?
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • janmike
    janmike Posts: 6,146
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin. I agree, shut it down for a few days.
    Michael ;)
    In the beginning, all knowledge was new!

NORTH of 60°
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • McLoki
    McLoki Posts: 5,231
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin. Hope Santa brings you everything you deserve. (ok, and a few things you want... :D )
    Mains.............Polk LSi15 (Cherry)
    Center............Polk LSiC (Crossover upgraded)
    Surrounds.......Polk LSi7 (Gloss Black - wood sides removed and crossovers upgraded)
    Subwoofers.....SVS 25-31 CS+ and PC+ (both 20hz tune)
    Pre\Pro...........NAD T163 (Modded with LM4562 opamps)
    Amplifier.........Cinepro 3k6 (6-channel, 500wpc@4ohms)
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    You must have a very, very wide mouth from talking out of both sides of it!

Back on ignore.
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    Sona - you didn't come here because of any love for music and video. You're nothing but disruptive and seeking satisfaction by causing controversy. Based on a review of your posts, you're also nothing but a liar. Fortunately the internet doesn't provide you the shield of anonymous behavior you think it does.
    DKG999
    HT System: LSi9, LSiCx2, LSiFX, LSi7, SVS 20-39 PC+, B&K 507.s2 AVR, B&K Ref 125.2, Tripplite LCR-2400, Cambridge 650BD, Signal Cable PC/SC, BJC IC, Samsung 55" LED

Music System: Magnepan 1.6QR, SVS SB12+, ARC pre, Parasound HCA1500 vertically bi-amped, Jolida CDP, Pro-Ject RM5.1SE TT, Pro-Ject TubeBox SE phono pre, SBT, PS Audio DLIII DAC
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
    You don't think much do you?
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2007
    Lets do it, we already know he has a thing for original Polk stands.

No that was me:p

Jim
  • jtgranby
    jtgranby Posts: 887
    edited December 2007
    Sorry for the derail

Merry Christmas Justin

Jim
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Is Justin for real? Do we really know? Has anyone met him? How is it possible that he moderates 24/7? Maybe he's a vampire? :eek:

Maybe Justin is the generic account for whoever's working the current shift, possibly done by drawing straws and the unlucky person with the short stick gets the... uh, job?

Merry Christmas Justin(s)! :)
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin!!!
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    Is Justin for real? Do we really know? Has anyone met him? How is it possible that he moderates 24/7? Maybe he's a vampire? :eek:

Maybe Justin is the generic account for whoever's working the current shift, possibly done by drawing straws and the unlucky person with the short stick gets the... uh, job?

Jesse is his alter ego!:eek::D
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    You got to be kidding me WTF 2 people here are bitching about us and watch we look at. Why can't we remove them? I'm done with BS for PC ****.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• hearingimpared
    edited December 2007
    disneyjoe7 wrote: »
    You got to be kidding me WTF 2 people here are bitching about us and watch we look at. Why can't we remove them? I'm done with BS for PC ****.

Could you type a little slower Steve, I didn't get that?:D
  • dkg999
    edited December 2007
    I say let'em play. Banning them is too much work, hardly worth the effort. One of them got caught up in emotions and made an error in judgement. The other one has revealed themselves and is pretty much just comic relief at this point.

Now the real issue is what am I going to buy myself for Christmas :D
    DKG999

• Polk addict
    Polk addict Posts: 558
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas Justin!! (and everybody else, if you care for my wishes)...
    Chiranth
    hoosier21 wrote:
    Cobra + SDA's = dead amps laying all around.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Sona wrote: »
    Uh, huh, way deep-sixed.

Yep, gotta add my appreciation for the administration and moderating as well. I've just begun to personally understand how difficult it is.

I think the following would be really helpful:

1. Clear forum rules. The current ones aren't really enforced, which I believe people prefer. On the other hand, it is very difficult to know what lines not to cross. Having to guess why one thread disappears while others continue makes it hard.

Might be just easier to have rules along the lines of:

Polk reserves the right to delete or edit any thread or post for any reason.

Polk may ban any user at its sole discretion. You're either in, or you're out. Auf Wiedersehen.

2. List all moderators currently documented and under the radar and inform users in your privacy policy what information about a forum member may be accessed.

Justin doesn't have the time to police every thread, every post, as his job duties are larger than Club Polk.

If you have an immediate query or problem, PM Justin, dorokusai or Russman.

The At-Large forum moderators are Dorokusai and Russman. The rest of the moderators are a mixed batch of Polk employees and that's private information.

Polk currently handles issues at its discretion, as it sees fit to do so. The latitude of which may be immediate or will require a period of time to determine a proper course of action.

You will not be satisfied at every turn of the road...that's the way it goes. I believe this company does its very best to accomodate a hugely varied membership and a very large user group.

If you have a direct complaint about this process, and the decisions made therein by a moderator, forward your complaint directly to Justin. That's where it starts, period.

The Polk employees, myself and Russman, do not have access to personal information other than what you have included in your profile. We also have zero access to PM's between members unless they are forwarded directly.

I hope this clears up some of the questions.
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • mrbigbluelight
    mrbigbluelight Posts: 9,673
    edited December 2007

Maybe ...... just maybe ....... Justin is a FEMBOT !!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFRRTIuUb7Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFRRTIuUb7Q&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ever think about that ? Sure you have !!

Haven't you ?

I mean, it's not like ..... it's just ........... uhm ...... me ........ is it ?

...... not that I think about that ........ much ......... or there'd be anything wrong with that .......... too much .........

....... gotta go ...........

:o
    Sal Palooza
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited December 2007
    Maybe ...... just maybe ....... Justin is a FEMBOT !!

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFRRTIuUb7Q&rel=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cFRRTIuUb7Q&rel=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Ever think about that ? Sure you have !!

Haven't you ?

I mean, it's not like ..... it's just ........... uhm ...... me ........ is it ?

...... not that I think about that ........ much ......... or there'd be anything wrong with that .......... too much .........

....... gotta go ...........

:o

I checked the fry's website but I can't find that model! :mad:
  • george daniel
    george daniel Posts: 12,096
    edited December 2007
    Been listening to Millage again,,eh?:)
    JC approves....he told me so. (F-1 nut)
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    I have a better plan for a forum in todays world and people like Sona and others. Members like this can't see The Clubhouse isn't not like hey something here but just you can't see it. It's more like it doesn't exist never here, login as someone who can post and it's there. Go there as a guess member and it's the same as if you not an ok Clubhouse member, they can post anything else but nothing in the Clubhouse thread.

Tomorrow's Forum you can have today...

Something like this can be done I did it.

I just over this ****. Tomorrows Forums will be underground, you complain you got a note "Ok you're right Sorry" then they are a non Clubhouse like it does exist. It's underground, you don't like it you're gone.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• heiney9
    heiney9 Posts: 25,163
    edited December 2007
    Justin, Peace and have a Great Holiday!!! Thanks given for a thankless job.

H9
    "Appreciation of audio is a completely subjective human experience. Measurements can provide a measure of insight, but are no substitute for human judgment. Why are we looking to reduce a subjective experience to objective criteria anyway? The subtleties of music and audio reproduction are for those who appreciate it. Differentiation by numbers is for those who do not".--Nelson Pass Pass Labs XA25 | EE Avant Pre | EE Mini Max Supreme DAC | MIT Shotgun S1 | Pangea AC14SE MKII | Legend L600 | BlueSound Node 3 - Tubes add soul!
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    Merry Christmas to Justin.

Mark and Russman too.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • disneyjoe7
    edited December 2007
    Well in the sprint of the birth of Jesus, Merry Christmas too Justin and others who monitor this forum.

And yes I know for a fact it's thankless job ;)

PS a very Merry Christmas to a Polk Mark employee if he read this stuff. :)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,951
    edited December 2007
    Jeeeez.........Justin must look like an old Peterbilt going down the Jersey turnpike
    with all the smoke being blown up his arse.

Merry Christmass to you too,Justin,and all at Polk HQ.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable