I can't wait to see the coming years' CES showgirl.....

shawn474
shawn474 Posts: 3,047
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
......as I'm sure she'll be clad in a full Muslim burka.

Polk wouldn't want to offend anyone you know. Gosh forbid they exploit the female form for profit like every other manufacturer in the world. What a great way to make a stand and mean nothing!

Shawn
Shawn
AVR: Marantz SR-5011
Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
Front: Polk LsiM703
Rear: LSI fx
Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
DVD Player: Sony PS4
Post edited by shawn474 on

Comments

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited December 2007
    I'm sure she won't be bending over in a dental floss thong either.

Y'all need to chill out. This is Polk forum, not a babe forum. They made the right decision, and the decision is theirs to make.
  • Early B.
    Early B. Posts: 7,900
    edited December 2007
    phuz wrote: »
    I'm sure she won't be bending over in a dental floss thong either.

You missed the point. What Shawn is saying is that it's hypocritical for a speaker manufacturer to shut down a babe thread, then use babes to sell their speakers. Exploitation of women is wrong, regardless of whether they use dental floss.;)

Besides, none of us made any money by posting pics in the babe thread, but speaker manufacturers will pimp women to do so. Hmmmm.
    HT/2-channel Rig: Sony 50” LCD TV; Toshiba HD-A2 DVD player; Emotiva LMC-1 pre/pro; Rogue Audio M-120 monoblocks (modded); Placette RVC; Emotiva LPA-1 amp; Bada HD-22 tube CDP (modded); VMPS Tower II SE (fronts); DIY Clearwave Dynamic 4CC (center); Wharfedale Opus Tri-Surrounds (rear); and VMPS 215 sub

"God grooves with tubes."
  • PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    .01% of men that see that girl will rape women, its simple math.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    Ding Ding a winner!!!!! Good Post Shawn. Pretty obvious when it comes to the green, it's totally acceptable. Always has been, always will be, not that I am complaining or want it to end though!!!!! I love the Polk Chick's, OK, they are hired temporary Polk Chicks, but still I love em with their tight T's, skimpy shorts, Hot Legs and little butts hanging in the air...........someone should write a song about it...........really

RT1
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    It's just too bad those Polk Babes may piss 2 out of 25000 people off and they will need to bend over to please the 2 ;)

It's the new American way, I guess they will need to shut off my talk radio as it offends their little pee brain also.

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    We need shadownight to get some of his "girls" to take pictures with speakers...polk speakers.
  • disneyjoe7
    disneyjoe7 Posts: 11,435
    edited December 2007
    I beginning to believe Shadow pays his girls to do anything he says. ;)

Speakers
    Carver Amazing Fronts
    CS400i Center
    RT800i's Rears
    Sub Paradigm Servo 15

Electronics
    Conrad Johnson PV-5 pre-amp
    Parasound Halo A23
    Pioneer 84TXSi AVR
    Pioneer 79Avi DVD
    Sony CX400 CD changer
    Panasonic 42-PX60U Plasma
    WMC Win7 32bit HD DVR

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    .01% of men that see that girl will rape women, its simple math.

.....AND .01% would commit suicide by listening to Ron.
    ......so,if he stopped exhaling in and out,the percentage of green house gasses would go down thus saving the world from complete destruction.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    Sona wrote: »
    If censorship is the issue, where is the outrage about the other deleted threads and posts?

Maybe no one cared about those other threads?

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Ricardo wrote: »
    Maybe no one cared about those other threads?

Ricardo:

Adding the 2 dolts to your ignore list is the most appropriate thing to do. If they never get another response on here, eventually they'll go troll elsewhere.
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    jflail2 wrote:
    Ricardo:

Adding the 2 dolts to your ignore list is the most appropriate thing to do. If they never get another response on here, eventually they'll go troll elsewhere.

And even if they don't leave...you don't care because you won't have to read any of the useless drivel they post anyway.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    I never thought I'd use the ignore list. Three members added. I think everyone should use it nowadays.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Roy Munson
    Roy Munson Posts: 886
    edited December 2007
    The ignore list can be your friend.

+2
    2 Channel:
    Amp/Parasound Halo A23
    Pre/Carver C-1
    Tuner/Carver TX-11a
    CDP/Jolida JD 100A
    Turntable/AR XB-Shure V15 III
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2007
    Sona....Do us all a favor and just go away. You have absolutely nothing of value to add to this forum. Your posts are nothing more than a waste of bandwidth.

The same goes for your cohorts.
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • jflail2
    jflail2 Posts: 2,868
    edited December 2007
    Ignore is the way to go cmy. Nature will take its course...
    2007 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

2010 Club Polk Fantasy Football Champ

2011 Club Polk Football Pool Champ

"It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!"
  • PhantomOG
    PhantomOG Posts: 2,409
    edited December 2007
    Is is possible to make the ignore feature any stronger? You still see threads started by the poster and you still the spaces where their posts are, with a convenient little link to view their post. It would be nice not to even see their threads/posts at all.
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Shawn - L O L
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Trucking the girls in as we speak.....
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    Is is possible to make the ignore feature any stronger? You still see threads started by the poster and you still the spaces where their posts are, with a convenient little link to view their post. It would be nice not to even see their threads/posts at all.

not a bad thought, maybe the Mods will consider it. Although I frequently talk to and answer myself!!!!!!!! I am not sure how, but I lose some arguements as well:D

Damm, hope that is not Matthew driving that tasteful babe in the rust bucket, last I saw he was sporting his Porshe.

RT1
  • schwarcw
    schwarcw Posts: 7,335
    edited December 2007
    Using the "ignore" feature is self censorship.

I have no problem with Sona, Ron or anyone's else opinion as I respect their freedom of speech. Yes, it is a commercial Forum and Polk has a right to do what they want with what we post. I don't have a problem with that either.

My opinion is that Justin's remarks about Sona and Ron complaining was bull! I suspect Polk had wanted to shut it down for sometime. A lot of you here admitted it got a little tacky at times. Sona and Ron's remarks gave Polk the perfect opportunity to close the thread. THINK ABOUT IT! Look at the reaction from the members when the thread was closed. If Polk did it arbitrarily, there could have been a consumer backlash by the Forum members. Just look at how everyone behaved when the thread was closed!!!

Justin or Polk would never admit it, but along came an opportunity and WHAM! Thread closed. Sona and Ron may in fact be the real victims here.

Think what you may, just consider the circumstances and ponder Polk's position.
    Carl

• cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited December 2007
    I'm not so sure Carl.

I think that Polk does have the guts to just close a thread & come straight out and say "We will not allow these kinds of posts on our forum."

This is the only audio forum I've been on that did have this kind of thread going None of the others I visit do & manage to chug along just fine.

But I agree with the over reaction of the guys & those that made the threat to boycott or start talking down Polk products for a closed thread that had nothing to do with audio is just ridiculous!

If you are this upset about it, then some of you need to get some counseling as well because the Sona & Ron aren't the only ones with issues.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2007
    Sorry Carl but your forgetting or maybe it was before you joined, the first babe thread got locked entirely by Polk and no one had a real problem with it. There was no backlash and after a bit the next one was started with the thought of having it be a bit more classy.

now I admit to enjoying the ladies, however, it was getting out of hand, a few guys tried to warn but.............I am here mostly to cut up, enjoy the audio talk and pass a thought on to a newb in need, so the actual thread being gone I can live with and I certainly respect Polk Audio and the position Justin holds.
  • schwarcw
    edited December 2007
    You may be right Ted. Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the thread as much as anyone. I ooggled the girls and may have made some tasteless remarks. When I joined the Forum and saw the thread, my first thoughts were "Why do they allow this? It seems inappropriate". Many of us work for big companies that won't tolerate the slightest use of material like this. But I know that flesh sells and figured "oh well".

My thought were that this gave Polk a good opportunity. It may not have been as nasty as the original, and maybe Polk allowed it in the beginning for that reason. Some of the photos and remarks got to be pretty borderline.

There are plenty of places to see this material, I don't have a great sense of loss. I don't like to see our good members, many of whom I know personally behave like a lynch mob over this issue. It just isn't worth it. I want this Forum to grow in members, not lose them.

Just my $0.02.:)

Carl
    Carl

• schwarcw
    edited December 2007
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited December 2007
    schwarcw wrote: »
    Using the "ignore" feature is self censorship.

I have no problem with Sona, Ron or anyone's else opinion as I respect their freedom of speech. Yes, it is a commercial Forum and Polk has a right to do what they want with what we post. I don't have a problem with that either.

My opinion is that Justin's remarks about Sona and Ron complaining was bull! I suspect Polk had wanted to shut it down for sometime. A lot of you here admitted it got a little tacky at times. Sona and Ron's remarks gave Polk the perfect opportunity to close the thread. THINK ABOUT IT! Look at the reaction from the members when the thread was closed. If Polk did it arbitrarily, there could have been a consumer backlash by the Forum members. Just look at how everyone behaved when the thread was closed!!!

Justin or Polk would never admit it, but along came an opportunity and WHAM! Thread closed. Sona and Ron may in fact be the real victims here.

Think what you may, just consider the circumstances and ponder Polk's position.

Thank you for the support, but I am not a victim. I do agree that Justin should have enough testosterone to take responsiblity for his actions - shutting down the Tasteful Babe Thread. Yes, I did complain. Yes, I think Justin absolutely did the right thing and that shutting down the TBT was long overdue. Yes, I think that both Polk Audio and half the market-place (women audio consumers) will benefit from Polk Audio doing the right thing. But, in the end, it was Polk's decision to make - not mine.

You all have a point-of-view and have no fear of expressing it. I too have a point-of-view and am proud to express it. You may choose to listen to me. You may choose to ignore me. God knows I ignore most of you most of the time. But, I will not ignore a lady that is offended by the presence of scantily clad women that are entirely irrelevent to the subject matter of "Audio". Thank goodness that Polk Audio management cares about their customers. That is what makes Polk such a great speaker company!

Ron
  • shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    edited December 2007
    The thread is not totally inconsistent with Polk's "image" especially when it comes to the world of mobile audio and the 18-30 year old, predominantly male customer base. Polk usually has an event booth at the various NOPI, MECA, SEMA etc. shows...and models (often very similar to the ones in the thread) are part of that environment as shown here....

attachment.php?attachmentid=28029&d=1191863196

While it has been a long time since I fit into the targeted demographic...I certainly appreciate the effort on the part of Polk to draw my attention to their products in this manner. I am in NO WAY OFFENDED.
    "Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    And she's buttaface to boot :mad:
  • reeltrouble1
    edited December 2007
    Well I believe the members are acting appropriately by stating their opinion and using the ignore feature, just because they are many in number does not make them a mob, they are folks who have invested a great deal into this club and are now expressing their opinion.

I rather enjoy seeing the membership pull together. I guess you will just have to trust that Polk does not need an "opportunity" to close a thread. It was closed because the two members stated they were offended and that is that.

RT1
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    Same hypocritical scantily clad girls....this one a little better looking..straight from polks own website...

boat3.jpg

boat2.jpg
  • brettw22
    brettw22 Posts: 7,624
    edited December 2007
    Seems like there are a few that are suffering from too much sand in the ****......wash that out and remove some of the toxins while you're at it.....

It's humorous to see someone like rskarvan actually spout his crap like be actually believes it.....he somehow believes that the 211,000 views all came from different people, creating his 211million people of which he pulled his idiotic number out of. The guy is clearly on the downslide of life, and this is what he's all about.........sad really......

and has sona posted about ANYthing audio? i certainly haven't seen them if they exist............
    comment comment comment comment. bitchy.