I can't wait to see the coming years' CES showgirl.....

2»

Comments

• PolkThug
    PolkThug Posts: 7,532
    edited December 2007
    Where's my Postage Stamp thread?
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    Brett, I want you! Take me and treat me like the Ho that Doro is!
    No excuses!
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    I still work under the rule of, if offends you, don't look at it, don't read it, don't talk about it and go about your merry business. This is one of the many things that is wrong with this world today and why we are going to hell in a hand basket. Everyone is so worried about offending someone else when they may not be offended in the first place. Same respect with saying Happy Holidays or any of these other idiotic versions instead of Merry Christmas. I still say Merry Christmas and if it offends someone, tough crap. The TBT never offended me and I maybe looked thru it whenever someone posted on it and it was on the "New Threads" list. It was nice to look thru on occasion!

There are many things in life that I don't like as that's what makes me human. But, I'm not going to get (like someone posted earlier) "sand in my ****" over it. It's life....learn to live with some things. If you can't, go somewhere else and live.

Ok. Done now.
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • shadowofnight
    shadowofnight Posts: 2,735
    edited December 2007
    Mark had to go to the " Other side " to get some lovin.....actually looked like the better side ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=21739&d=1168307281
    The first rule of Fight Club is you don't talk about Fight Club
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    PolkThug wrote: »
    Where's my Postage Stamp thread?

Snuffed out....
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited December 2007
    PhantomOG wrote: »
    Is is possible to make the ignore feature any stronger? You still see threads started by the poster and you still the spaces where their posts are, with a convenient little link to view their post. It would be nice not to even see their threads/posts at all.

You also get the email notification of their reply to your subscribed thread with the full written reply. I have four people on ignore. I've found it very difficult especially last night to completely ignore the people on my ignore list because in spurts I was able to see what they were writing especially when someone quoted them.
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »

Replies containing only .......... offends me.

Lock it down or feel the wrath of the Babe Thread Ninja!
    No excuses!
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited December 2007
    How about this suggestion........create a "Thread Ignore" option the same way that people can ignore certain members and not see their replies. This way if someone sees a thread that is offending to them they can click a button and not be able to access the thread. This way they would access the thread one time, be offended, click the thread ignore button and if they tried to access it, no text or images would be shown to that member. The point = they can't keep clicking and fuel their rage to a point where they feel the need to get a thread shut down.

I'm not saying who is right or wrong in this case. I simply made a statement that I thought was appropriate to point out. But all this BS has soon got to stop or this club is going to become a boring place to be. Audio all the time makes Jack a dull boy. The Clubhouse is what it is - a place for people to hang out and discuss various topics. If some were so offended, they should have posted a "who's offended by ______________ ?" thread and never re-visited the TBT. Fill in the blanks and go to town. Healthy discussion never hurt anyone, whether you agree with the topic or not.

Shawn
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    I love it how two know nothings that have nothing positive to contribute here managed to have those threads closed. Get a life.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dorokusai
    dorokusai Posts: 25,577
    edited December 2007
    Mark had to go to the " Other side " to get some lovin.....actually looked like the better side ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=21739&d=1168307281

Man those were the days :D
    CTC BBQ Amplifier, Sonic Frontiers Line3 Pre-Amplifier and Wadia 581 SACD player. Speakers? Always changing but for now, Mission Argonauts I picked up for $50 bucks, mint.
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    Its ironic that she posted the lyrics to a Nirvana tune. she ruined the babe thread, and Nirvana pretty much ruined Rock, so there ya go.

Sona, whiny club polk member
    Nirvana, Whiny annoying Rock band

you make the call :p
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited December 2007
    I wonder if posting the lyrics to "wang dang sweet poontang" will get me banned?
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    Its ironic that she posted the lyrics to a Nirvana tune. she ruined the babe thread, and Nirvana pretty much ruined Rock, so there ya go.
    That's ironic that she'd listen to them considered they have a song titled "rape me".
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    Lou, Nirvana killed hair metal. I know you miss your mullet, just bring it back, I'll do it with you.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • reeltrouble1
    reeltrouble1 Posts: 9,312
    edited December 2007
    I never noticed before how much Doro was pooching his belly out to get a little "rub" on the babe.........way to go my man.

RT1
  • cmy330go
    cmy330go Posts: 2,341
    edited December 2007
    I too am not that broken up about losing the thread. But I have major issues with why we lost it. This whole "demeaning to women" crap is for the birds. If you don't like the pics, take it up with the women who pose for them. It's not like someone is holding a gun to their head. Seems that most probably like the attention. Don't give us crap for looking at them. It's in our make-up to find women attractive. (At least most of us)

Brett's right some people need to wash the sand out of their 'ginas!
    HT
    Mits WD-65737, DirecTV, Oppo DV-970HD, XBOX ONE, Yamaha RX-A1030, Parasound Halo A23, Rotel RB-985, Music Hall MMF-7, Parasound PPH-100, LSi-15, LSi-C, LSi-FX, LSi-7, PSW-1000, Monster HTS2600

2 CH
    Parasound Halo P3, Parasound Halo A21, Sutherland Ph.D, VPI Classic 3 w/ 3D arm & Soundsmith Aida Cartridge, Arcam CD72T, B&W 802 S3, Monster HTS2500,
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    Sona wrote: »
    The threads were closed because Polk chose to do so.

I didn't say take the threads down; I stated my opinion about one on the forum. Still if you want to count that as a vote to remove content, that is still only 2 "votes" out of 750,000 users.

Why would Polk place such emphasis on such a marginalized minority opinion?

Why do you act as if their hands were tied and they had no option but to delete content?

Hell, if my opinion means so much I guess I should request that SDA's be returned to production.

Only need one more and Polk will be forced to fire up the production line!

Reinstate the TBT and OTJ threads while you are at. Give the people what they want.

Anyway, many of you who state it's no skin off your back for the thread to be gone sure seem up in arms about it. Why is that? I am genuinely curious.

8: The threads were closed because you whined them and when they got closed you continued to start your own topics about them. This indicates you're a PITA. Then, Rskarvan decided to be your virtual hero and reported the thread to Polk citing how offensive it was to poor Sona.

Y: If you never existed here on this forum the thread would probably still be open. Think about it.

23: It's not that your opinion means much, it's that people like you tend to scream bloody murder turning what any normal person would view as a small problem into a major issue, which you did.

96b: It's not the fact the thread is gone for anyone. It's the fact people like yourself causing a stink shrivels Polk Audio's proverbial **** so tight they can't help but give in.

Political Correctness run amok.
  • avguytx
    avguytx Posts: 1,628
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    Lou, Nirvana killed hair metal. I know you miss your mullet, just bring it back, I'll do it with you.

I'd be there with you guys but I'm thinking I'd just have too hard a time growing one out again! Actually, when I did have long hair back then, it was long pretty much all over and I only went to a slight mullet there at the end. I hated it so all of it got cut off. Still liked them hair metal bands, though! (and hate Nirvana)
    Richard? Who's your favorite Little Rascal? Alfalfa? Or is it........................Spanky?.................................Sinner.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    You may choose to listen to me. You may choose to ignore me. God knows I ignore most of you most of the time. But, I will not ignore a lady that is offended by the presence of scantily clad women that are entirely irrelevent to the subject matter of "Audio". Thank goodness that Polk Audio management cares about their customers. That is what makes Polk such a great speaker company!

Ron

And she's so stupid that she doesn't know what the content of that thread was? It offends her just to know that babe pictures are close by? I'm glad you are are there to protect women like her.
  • Demiurge
    Demiurge Posts: 10,874
    edited December 2007
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    And she's so stupid that she doesn't know what the content of that thread was? It offends her just to know that babe pictures are close by? I'm glad you are are there to protect women like her.

Too bad his daddy wasn't protecting himself that fateful night, IYKWIM.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,621
    edited December 2007
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Demiurge wrote: »
    Too bad his daddy wasn't protecting himself that fateful night, IYKWIM.

LOL Owned!

lol-owned.jpg
  • BIZILL
    BIZILL Posts: 5,432
    edited December 2007
    LOL Owned!

lol-owned.jpg

ooooh ..... SNAP!!!:D

POLK SDA-SRS 1.2TL -- ADCOM GFA-5802
    PANASONIC PT-AE4000U -- DIY WILSONART DW 135" 2.35:1 SCREEN
    ONKYO TX-SR805
    CENTER: CSI5
    MAINS: RTI8'S
    SURROUNDS: RTI8'S
    7.1 SURROUNDS: RTI6'S
    SUB: SVS PB12-PLUS/2 (12.3 series)

XBOX 360
    WiiPS3/blu-rayTOSHIBA HD-A35 hd dvd

http://polkarmy.com/forums/index.php
    bobman1235 wrote:
    I have no facts to back that up, but I never let facts get in the way of my arguments.
  • shadowofnight
    edited December 2007
    LOL Owned!

lol-owned.jpg

OMG...thats funny :D