Circuit City pricing roller coaster ride?

polkatese
polkatese Posts: 6,767
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
I just happened to buy a Sony KDS55A3000. It is amazing how Circuit City priced this SXRD over the span of a week time:

MSRP $1,999.00

Monday 12/10/07 $1,799.00
Wednesday, 12/12/07 $1,499.00
Friday, 12/14/07 $1,699.00
Monday 12/17/07 $1,999.00

What gives?
I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
Post edited by polkatese on

Comments

• BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited December 2007
    Probably inventory. Went out of stock monday, too many in stock wednesday, sold some thursday, limited availability friday and only a few left monday again.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    polkatese wrote: »
    I just happened to buy a Sony KDS55A3000. It is amazing how Circuit City priced this SXRD over the span of a week time:

MSRP $1,999.00

Monday 12/10/07 $1,799.00
    Wednesday, 12/12/07 $1,499.00
    Friday, 12/14/07 $1,699.00
    Monday 12/17/07 $1,999.00

What gives?

Price matching. If another retailer has a sale, they match it.
    When they go up, back to normal price.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    Looks like I'll be doing my shopping on Wednesday's.
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Looks like I'll be doing my shopping on Wednesday's.

Actually you would want to buy on third mondays if that was the case. Circuit City and Best Buy give 110% of the difference if I remember correctly...so not only would they match it you would make an extra $50 in this case. :D
  • mantis
    mantis Posts: 17,185
    edited December 2007
    What did you pay? At 2g's that tv is worth it so if you paid full retail, you didn't get ripped off other then them selling it cheaper.

Nice tv man

Dan
    Dan
    My personal quest is to save to world of bad audio, one thread at a time.
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2007
    I agree...I almost bought that Tv, but went with the less expensive Mitsi. The Sony has a better picture, IMO.
  • polkatese
    edited December 2007
    mantis wrote: »
    What did you pay? At 2g's that tv is worth it so if you paid full retail, you didn't get ripped off other then them selling it cheaper.

Nice tv man

Dan

Thanks Dan, I got mine from BB and lucked out to be able to price match it at the lowest price. When all said and done, with the purchase of stand, I did spend 2G, which is what I plan to spend to begin with. After spending more than 5G for my old PE PRO520HD 6 years ago, I am happy as a clam and also realized that this is one area that I am content with second best.
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • billbillw
    billbillw Posts: 6,713
    edited December 2007
    I wanted to get that TV for $1500, but I was angling to get another 10% off with a coupon. By the time I actually got the coupon in hand, the price went back up. Oh well. I'll be ready for the next round of price slashing, which I expect the week after Christmas. I WILL end up with that TV!
    For rig details, see my profile. Nothing here anymore...
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    billbillw wrote: »
    I wanted to get that TV for $1500, but I was angling to get another 10% off with a coupon. By the time I actually got the coupon in hand, the price went back up. Oh well. I'll be ready for the next round of price slashing, which I expect the week after Christmas. I WILL end up with that TV!

Make sure you read that circuit city/best buy coupon closely. Often times it isn't 10% off the sale price, it's 10% of the original price. 99.9% of the time the sales price is better than 10% off the original price.
  • billbillw
    edited December 2007
    Make sure you read that circuit city/best buy coupon closely. Often times it isn't 10% off the sale price, it's 10% of the original price. 99.9% of the time the sales price is better than 10% off the original price.

The one I have is good on sale prices. There are some limitations, but it should work on this TV.

"This offer is good for one use only and applies to total qualifying purchase on a single sales receipt dated between 11/01/2006 and 12/31/2007. Not Valid on previous purchases. This coupon offer is not transferable and is not for resale and will be void if transferred or resold, Offer excludes gaming consoles, notebook and desktop computers, Xbox 360, Panasonic Plasma TV’s, Verizon, Sharper Image, Infinity, Velodyne, Bose, Polk, HP MP3 players, Apple, Kicker, MTX Thunder, Sony XBR TV’s, LG, KEF, firedog, City Advantage, Outlet and Circuit City Giftcard purchases. Delivery fees, shipping charges and sales tax not included in total purchase calculation. Coupon code valid on-line, in-store, or at 1-800-593-4391. Not combinable with select Circuit City Offers. Not redeemable for cash. Void where prohibited or restricted. Coupon cannot be combined with any Price Match. See stores for details."

I just need the price to drop again before New Year's Eve!
  • PolkWannabie
    PolkWannabie Posts: 2,763
    edited December 2007
    Might want to look here ...

No idea how they are as a retailer etc and No affil ... then again if you can get BB or CC to match price ...

http://www.lcdplasmadeals.com/pro.ductdetail.asp?ProductID=1752
  • polkatese
    edited December 2007
    btw, if anyone interested to know, this is the stand that I ended up getting (after my extensive research to fit my requirements on the depth), as it turned out, has the perfect height for the 55" size. sitting straight in front of it give me almost an exact eye-level center spot height. So, I am set!

http://www.racksandstands.com/asp/show_detail.asp?sku=AR1355
  • billbillw
    edited December 2007
    Might want to look here ...

No idea how they are as a retailer etc and No affil ... then again if you can get BB or CC to match price ...

http://www.lcdplasmadeals.com/pro.ductdetail.asp?ProductID=1752

They have a bad reputation as a classic bait and switch seller. Place order online. Then you get an email that says you need to call to "confirm" the order. Once on the phone, they push upgrades in the form of shipping, extended warranties, or accessories, all of which are overpriced. I'd say to stay away from them.

Edit: If you put the item in your cart, it adds $300 for shipping! Circuit city had the TV with free shipping that would bring the price lower.