Worst shipping company?

BaggedLancer
BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
So everyone for the most part sorry my horror story with Fedex and my Jolida 502 going missing for a couple days. Now, it seems that UPS is at it. After my package from New York mysteriously dropping off the tracking radar for a couple days it resurfaced with a delivery date of today. I called UPS this morning because the delivery date was resheduled for today however the tracking information neglected to show the signature "OUT FOR DELIVERY" tag as the top line. The lady didn't know what was going on, took my information and said the last facility that had possession of the package would call me within the hour.

1 hour goes by and the the phone rings, United Parcel Service. The lady tells me the package arrived at the local facility and that it was on the truck and 100% going to be delivered by 7pm. 7pm comes...no package. I call UPS again and they tell me it will be there no later than 8:30pm, it's on the truck. 8:30pm comes....no package. Call back again, it will be there by 9:15 at the latest. 9:15...no package. I decide to log onto the UPS tracking site to see this message:

"THE PACKAGE WAS MISSED AT THE DESTINATION LOCATION AND IS DELAYED / PACKAGE WILL BE DELIVERED NEXT BUSINESS DAY-NO SATURDAY GUARANTEE "

Furious now, I call back UPS again asking what is going on and the lady said the package was never put on the truck and never scanned to go out for delivery. OBVIOUSLY. She said she thinks the package will go out tomorrow to which I replied I want an AM delivery since I spent my entire evening waiting for a package that I was promised by multiple UPS employees would show up. She said it will delivered however my local area is set up for a route and typically we don't receive packages till 6:30-7pm. I told her I want a hold on the package and I will come pick it up, the UPS facility is literally about 8 minutes away, maximum. She takes my information and says someone will call me by 10AM with information about how to pick it up but she can't guarantee it will go through because they put packages out for delivery before 7AM.

Very rarely do I have a problem with UPS and usually they are very quick to fix it, however this is complete **** when multiple employees tell me it's on the truck ready going to be delivered. I disconnected the majority of my 2channel rig tonight and rerouted and zip tied the wires ready so when the power conditioner(that's what I'm waiting for) comes I could just drop it in and get back to listening to music. Now I'm without the music for the night(im not undoing all those zipties and cable wraps) and I'm aggrivated.

Who's next to drop the ball? Anyone having shipping issues lately?

Seriously, I just can't catch a break with this 2 channel rig. Not to mention BOTH issue the sellers listed 20 pounds for the Jolida when it weighed 55 to scam Fed Ex and the power conditioner the RETAIL company listed it for 1 pound when it weighs 23 to scam UPS.
Post edited by BaggedLancer on

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited December 2007
    If it makes you feel any better, I'M listening to some great tunes right now....:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    If it makes you feel any better, I'M listening to some great tunes right now....:p

I've got itunes running right now with my **** dell 5.1 system hooked up to my desktop. It SUCKS. :mad::mad:
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited December 2007
    It's a busy season, breathe, have a beer.

Furious? Why? Why do that to yourself. It'll show - and if it doesn't, take it from there.
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    RuSsMaN wrote: »
    It's a busy season, breathe, have a beer.

Furious? Why? Why do that to yourself. It'll show - and if it doesn't, take it from there.

I know it will show, but why can't they just say it's not out for delivery today, it will be delivered tomorrow. To have multiple employees lie and say they verified it's on the truck out for delivery is just ridiculous. I guess I'm more mad I disabled my rig without having the product here first....that won't happen again.
  • brijenjas
    brijenjas Posts: 311
    edited December 2007
    Fedex deliver a cd player and some speaker cables to the wrong address a few months ago.

Then.............................UPS 21/2 weeks ago did the same thiing delivered some speakers to the wrong address.

At least UPS was close :rolleyes: delivered to 353 instead of 363.
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,600
    edited December 2007
    I had a power supply delivered by courier to a site on Friday.
    They destroyed it
    Had them run out a power supply to the same site on Saturday.
    There were parts broken off the board rattling around the box.
    Got the damn thing running on Sunday. The only thing this courier had to
    do was deliver one damn box from the parts depot to the site 3 hours away,
    and it took them three tries. I think they're hiring the Samsonite luggage
    test apes.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    edited December 2007
    I've used both UPS and FedEx many, many times and have not had a single problem with either.
    If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Ron-P wrote: »
    I've used both UPS and FedEx many, many times and have not had a single problem with either.

I've used them both many times for shipping things out as well. Never an issue. But lately, I just can't win when receiving packages. Not to mention 2 dishonest sellers trying to scam both shipping companies probably causing the majority of delays.

I'm just not going to buy anymore equipment online.....I'm just going to steal it locally so I have it immediately and not have to worry about paying for something and having it be delayed.:p (kidding)
  • SKsolutions
    SKsolutions Posts: 1,820
    edited December 2007
    Bagged Lancer Triangle? Voted Fedex #1 offender. Regular Drop-kick-Murphey MF'ers.
    -Ignorance is strength -
  • Polkersince85
    Polkersince85 Posts: 2,883
    edited December 2007
    Absolutely, Positively, Guaranteed to be f@d up.

They should hire bikini clad coeds to drive the truck instead of those dudes with the shorts. It would make the misery a little better.
    >
    >
    >This message has been scanned by the NSA and found to be free of harmful intent.<
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Absolutely, Positively, Guaranteed to be f@d up.

They should hire bikini clad coeds to drive the truck instead of those dudes with the shorts. It would make the misery a little better.

No way, cause then I'd be sitting on my front steps in the cold waiting for them to show.
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bdaley6509
    bdaley6509 Posts: 1,167
    edited December 2007
    If these are the worst of your problems, count your blessings, and say a prayer of thanks.
  • Ricardo
    Ricardo Posts: 10,636
    edited December 2007
    I voted all are great. Never had an issue. And, there will always be exceptions.

2008 & 2010 Football Pool WINNER
    SOPA
    Thank God for different opinions. Imagine the world if we all wanted the same woman
  • Kex
    Kex Posts: 5,150
    edited December 2007
    I used to have a lot of trouble with UPS when we lived in Georgetown (D.C.). They would keep not delivering packages and saying nobody was home when I was waiting for them the whole time. It was incredible!

No issues with anyone else until just yesterday: my Nuvi 650 showed as "out for delivery" but when the guy showed up, he couldn't find the package. He suggested they must have put it on the wrong truck and that it should come today. We'll see!

As for USPS, no major complaints really, except that their tracking is always useless to me. It doesn't show up as anything but "notification received for pick-up" until the day after it actually arrives!

One good story about U.P.S though (a bit long winded, but I'm a windy kinda guy). I once ordered a couple of Nokia phones from Let's Talk. They were supposed to be free (except $70 worth of sales tax) with a two year contract extension from T-Mobile. But then I got a suspicious e-mail with new numbers (for verification of the correct area code), so I called T-Mobile and they confirmed that we now had four accounts with them, not two, but that they would not make any charges to cancel the unwanted accounts. They even told us that if we wanted to keep the new phones that they would cancel our existing numbers instead. Anyhow, I thought Let's Talk had been smart asses, so I called them, and the gal on the phone says "we don't do extensions with T-Mobile"! Well, that would explain it, but I clicked all the right boxes for an extension, not a new service contract, so why did the transaction even go through? Anyhow, short story long: she issued an RMA, got on the UPS website and rerouted the packages back to them, right then and there, so that I wouldn't have to pay the return shipping charges, and this was all on a "2nd day air" shipment, or something like that.

On the whole though, I think these are great services, and where would be all be with our tech gear without them?!
    Alea jacta est!
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited December 2007
    (insert here any shipper some one has had a problem with) :)

For me its fedX and the post office. But I had done a significant amount of shipping. They all have problems, those 2 were just bad, especially the post office (lost half my ebay sales).
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    My local UPS just called me to say the package isn't in the local facility like they had told me yesterday and is now lost. I actually got a supervisor on the phone and she said someone will be contacting me in a couple hours about how to proceed with the paperwork for the lost package. She did however say it is possible it could turn up but she claims there are so many packages in the facility it's impossible to locate a single one other than by chance.

Yay! When it rains it pours!
  • vonnie123
    vonnie123 Posts: 326
    edited December 2007
    All of the major shippers lose stuff, break it, and mishandle things to some extent. It is cheaper for them to toss things around than be careful and organized. Enjoy the holidays...your package will turn up soon. The shippers are working late. I received a UPS parcel at 8:00 pm last night.
    [
  • Bamadude
    Bamadude Posts: 245
    edited December 2007
    In my area Fed-Ex likes to put in bogus tracking info when they can't make a scheduled delivery. Three times my package has been on the truck according to tracking and the evening passed by with no delivery. Later, tracking magically says "customer not available" when I'm sitting there waiting and no signature is required anyway.

I finally got a supervisor on the phone and asked why their system would allow a customer not available code when there is no signature required. He admitted that it's a hole in their system. I don't expect perfection, just don't lie and blame it on me... I'm already ticked cause I didn't get my stuff.
    AVR: Pioneer VSX-84TXSi (RIP - lightening) / Amp: Sunfire Cinema Grand / Klipsh R-10B Sounbar, LC65fx / Sub: Elemental Designs LT/1300 / TV: Panasonic TH-50PH9UK /SIZE]
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited December 2007
    For us UPS used to misdeliver about 50% of our packages to an apartment complex. It was aweful. The packages would be returned to sender as undeliverable. Made for a real mess for several months. UPS did not list their local distribution phone number in the phone book. I finally had to go to their location, about 45 minutes away, to talk to their manager about their driver's ability to read addresses. That finally fixed it.
  • polkatese
    polkatese Posts: 6,767
    edited December 2007
    Bamadude, you definitely have more patient than me. I would have gone ballistic with that kind of explanation that defies logic, rather than a simple acknowledgement: yes, we effed up, how can we make it up to you? (*in which I would have said: Merry Christmas!*)
    I am sorry, I have no opinion on the matter. I am sure you do. So, don't mind me, I just want to talk audio and pie.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    polkatese wrote: »
    Bamadude, you definitely have more patient than me. I would have gone ballistic with that kind of explanation that defies logic, rather than a simple acknowledgement: yes, we effed up, how can we make it up to you? (*in which I would have said: Merry Christmas!*)

that's exactly what my issue is, why would they tell me it's on the truck when everyone knows that UPS tracking information shows "OUT FOR DELIVERY" when it's on the truck.
  • Tex
    Tex Posts: 189
    edited December 2007
    There's nothing like coming home after a long day of work and find people talking about me :mad:. It's easy to sit back and talk about how bad people do something that you have never done but think you could do better. The more I read this the more I get pissed off. Actually it does not bother me a bit :D. I have been driving for FedEx Ground for 10 years and am happy with it. We are not perfect but I feel we are better than the competition. Our terminal has been averaging 98% service for years so the kinds of problems you are talking about do not happen very often. I could give an explanation for most of the problems when they do happen but there are so many different scenarios so I won't get into that. In a nutshell you are dealing with man and machine. Man is not perfect and machines tend to break. We also have a life outside of work so when I am given 150 or more stops in a day I do what I can and bring some back. Since we are expected to attempt everything we sometimes say no one was home even though we did not even check. I never do it but I hear that it happens :). Just because there is no signature required does not mean we will leave it anyway. One of our guys did 208 deliveries last Thursday. I don't know if he brought any back or not but give me a break, there is a limit to what we can do. This is also the busiest time of the year so there are some temp drivers that do not know their areas real well, they get in a hurry and make mistakes. Even though you are dealing with UPS I still hope you get your stuff. Merry Christmas!
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Thanks Tex, my issue is I have no problem with delays as long as things are posted or there is something that can honestly answer my question. I do however have problems when they tell me it's on the truck, 100% it will be delivered today and then nothng shows up. Then they call the next day saying they can't locate the package and classify it as lost.
  • engtaz
    engtaz Posts: 7,663
    edited December 2007
    UPS *** they tear up more of my stuff then all the others put together.

engtaz
    engtaz

I love how music can brighten up a bad day.
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    Just got off the phone with UPS tracer investigation team, whatever that is.

They said I cannot do anything further, the shipper is repsonsible for filing the claim. However the shipper isn't returning my calls or emails for the obvious reason they don't want contact with UPS because they listed the package as 1 pound instead of 20 pounds to try and scam UPS on shipping fees.

Kinda lost on what to do with this one. :(
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    I know the guys in the trucks work hard. The problem is many sellers don't know how to pack,
    or are trying to shortcut the system.
    The real fustration is when you need to make a claim. I understand stuff gets
    damaged because the company policy is a**holes and elbows, rather
    than carefull handling. But getting a claim paid is like trying to hit the lottery.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • BaggedLancer
    edited December 2007
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I know the guys in the trucks work hard. The problem is many sellers don't know how to pack,
    or are trying to shortcut the system.
    The real fustration is when you need to make a claim. I understand stuff gets
    damaged because the company policy is a**holes and elbows, rather
    than carefull handling. But getting a claim paid is like trying to hit the lottery.

So looks like I have a slim chance of getting in a claim, and the seller/shipper is non responsive...I called the number associated with the merchant and it's just a drop shipping company, not the actual company like it is listed as.
  • polktiger
    polktiger Posts: 556
    edited December 2007
    hope it wasn't must have stuff...looks like its time to dispute the charge on the credit card. Let them fight with the crappy seller.
  • sucks2beme
    edited December 2007
    Just got off the phone with UPS tracer investigation team, whatever that is.

They said I cannot do anything further, the shipper is repsonsible for filing the claim. However the shipper isn't returning my calls or emails for the obvious reason they don't want contact with UPS because they listed the package as 1 pound instead of 20 pounds to try and scam UPS on shipping fees.

Kinda lost on what to do with this one. :(

Time to open a can of whoop ****. Nothing I hate worse than when the
    seller drops off the face of the earth. If paypal or credit card, file a dispute.
    If money order, start crying. I hate even hearing about this stuff. It's one
    reason I normally deal locally. Good luck and don't let the **** off without a fight!