McAlister amp owners

madmax
madmax Posts: 12,434
edited December 2007 in The Clubhouse
Hey, I need to put the tubes in my PP150 amp and can't find my drawing where the tube numbers/positions are marked on a drawing. I've looked everywhere. Does anyone have this drawing? I know the 4 power tubes were numbered 1-4 and go in the back. The 5 across the front are in boxes labeled 5-9 but I'm unsure of the locations they go in.
madmax
Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
Post edited by madmax on

Comments

• ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited December 2007
    Knowing Peter, they may be different from amp to amp.:rolleyes::p
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • Normanality
    Normanality Posts: 297
    edited December 2007
    The only single tube was the 6AX4 which went in the center position.

The 4 6EM7 input tubes went in the front with the 4 40KG6 horizontal output tubes went in the back.

I don't know anyone who owns one anymore though. It was a unique amp with tons of low end power. Intonations were too dark for my tastes.
  • madmax
    madmax Posts: 12,434
    edited December 2007
    Thanks!
    Yea, I got to looking for the numbers on the tubes and realized all the preamp tubes were the same except for the middle one which is a time delay.
    Thanks guys,
    madmax
    Vinyl, the final frontier...

Avantgarde horns, 300b tubes, thats the kinda crap I want... :D
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited December 2007
    Is it functioning again?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited December 2007
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche